PDA

View Full Version : Starting Armies

ForlornHope
27th Sep 2005, 00:03
Has anyone been able to modify the initial Armies in the Campaign mode?
I've been able to create massive navies off the bat, change how militaristic the country is, make them disregard militia (after initial rounds) and set how much the respective countries like or dislike each other as I saw fit (bordering on annexation). But I've been unable to find the right line to modify for starting assets. I've translated most of the files to English but I'm lost as to where I should look next.
I would really like to create an environment as close possible to 1791-1792.
Thank you very much, I'm not very good with this box I'm sitting in front of but I am totally passionate about the era. :D

Also I've really appreciated all the info I've gotten while lurking ;)

Thnx

Icanus
27th Sep 2005, 01:01
The starting units/buildings/teritories for each empire are all within Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\DefModeloGestion.mng, along with lots of other juicy stuff like the cost of units, the amount of resources generated by provinces etc.

Unfortunately, none of us have managed to decypher this file yet - it looks a good deal more complex than the unit stats in modelocobate.dt :(

britishjohn
27th Sep 2005, 17:46
Has anyone been able to modify the initial Armies in the Campaign mode?
I've been able to create massive navies off the bat, change how militaristic the country is, make them disregard militia (after initial rounds) and set how much the respective countries like or dislike each other as I saw fit (bordering on annexation). But I've been unable to find the right line to modify for starting assets. I've translated most of the files to English but I'm lost as to where I should look next.
I would really like to create an environment as close possible to 1791-1792.
Thank you very much, I'm not very good with this box I'm sitting in front of but I am totally passionate about the era. :D

Also I've really appreciated all the info I've gotten while lurking ;)

Thnx

How did you manage to change the sympathy between nations at the start, I have found some files that look like they can be changed but whenever I have tried to change them the results are unsuccessful...?

ForlornHope
27th Sep 2005, 21:30
You need to go into:
Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion
than into "defInicialeslocalHard" (or whatever difficulty level your going to start a campaign with). Than there is a series of numbers under each country:
.JUG_OTOMANO [ .HOSTILIDAD 59.0 ]
modify this number (its an inverse) than that country has that attitude towards you.
Make sure you dont have read only checked on.