PDA

View Full Version : Power-leveling luck!

member_10323743
9th Jul 2012, 01:08
This needed to be shared and I'm curious if anybody else has received such luck... I just came across a Dark Note (No. 61 Mv.44 Adagio {Eternity's Conviction}) That gives me 14000+ exp on the BMS stage... The characters I'm using were at high enough levels as it were and they jumped up ALOT just after doing the dark note twice (I had to do it again to make sure it wasn't a glitch). To top it off, the 3rd boss gives White crystals so I can finally get Snow!

Summoner
9th Jul 2012, 09:52
I ran into a few dark notes that gave me that amount. Was it a BMS? Cause when I do BMS dark notes I notice sometimes I get around that much, it's rare but it happens.

member_10323743
9th Jul 2012, 11:04
Ya it's the BMS that gives that much. It's just funny because the difficulty of the BMS is much lower than Ultimate ones are so completely easy sailing haha.

seaking177
9th Jul 2012, 11:11
Ya it's the BMS that gives that much. It's just funny because the difficulty of the BMS is much lower than Ultimate ones are so completely easy sailing haha.

up till you get to the "No.99" ones, those are harder then Ultimate ones IMO. they will make you go "WTF WAIT THAT WASNT LIKE THAT BEFORE!"

Chandlia
9th Jul 2012, 12:56
I've noticed the seemingly random power-leveling luck on the BMS stages as well. At first I thought it had to do with the quantity and quality of the bosses slain, but it really does seem random sometimes. My first encounters with the gratuitous exp were actually in expert challenge mode, rather than the Dark Notes.

Further research needed...!

member_10323743
9th Jul 2012, 14:25

up till you get to the "No.99" ones, those are harder then Ultimate ones IMO. they will make you go "WTF WAIT THAT WASNT LIKE THAT BEFORE!"

They randomly jumped me up to a No.87 earlier and it was easier than the No.40s were :S. That was very likely pure luck though.

iambasho777
9th Jul 2012, 14:49
The number of a dark note is the average level of your party when you cleared the last new dark note. Also, start watching out for revolving slide triggers once you start getting lvl 90+ dark notes.

On topic, the exp you get in BMS is based on the number of enemies you kill and their HP. For example, you might get more exp from killing one goblin on Ultimate than you could killing Kefka on Basic. If you have a really good party setup, then you should easily be able to tear through several tougher enemies in the Chaos Shrine and really rack up the exp. With my lvl 99 party I'm averaging 3.5k exp on lvl 26ish dark notes, and the higher I go (so long as I still do well) the more exp I get.

member_10323743
9th Jul 2012, 15:01
The number of a dark note is the average level of your party when you cleared the last new dark note. Also, start watching out for revolving slide triggers once you start getting lvl 90+ dark notes.

On topic, the exp you get in BMS is based on the number of enemies you kill and their HP. For example, you might get more exp from killing one goblin on Ultimate than you could killing Kefka on Basic. If you have a really good party setup, then you should easily be able to tear through several tougher enemies in the Chaos Shrine and really rack up the exp. With my lvl 99 party I'm averaging 3.5k exp on lvl 26ish dark notes, and the higher I go (so long as I still do well) the more exp I get.

That's really interesting about getting higher level dark notes, definitely makes perfect sence. Thanks Basho!

iambasho777
15th Jul 2012, 21:52
I just realized why you must have been getting such a high exp amount from that Dark Note. It had a Magic Pot in it, didn't it? Magic Pots multiply the experience you gain across the entire stage, and if you kill two MPs the multipliers stack.

Summoner
15th Jul 2012, 23:14
Oh no wonder, that's cool.

member_10323743
17th Jul 2012, 10:32
That's actually really cool :S... I don't think there was one but I'll have to double check now haha

Automaton
22nd Jul 2012, 22:09
I'll second the Magic Pot assumption, since I have one as a Boss-2 in a Dark Note that drops Black Shards for...

...Sephiroth.

Which means I have to mess up on purpose in order to get it.

iambasho777
22nd Jul 2012, 22:12
If you want to consistantly get boss two, remove your healing abilities and drop your health below 75%. Over on GameFAQs that's the consensus on the trigger between boss 2 and 3.

EDIT: Also, abilities such as Dark, Luck Up, and Sacrifice aid in this since they all reduce HP or increase damage taken.