PDA

View Full Version : 12 levels only?

Alexlovesguns
26th Sep 2005, 02:19
Thats disapointing, even if they are all good and have some replay value i expected atleast 20 with some variety and locations :( .
Also i read there will be 30 weapons and 50 modifications, i hope that doest mean dual, supressed and supressed dual versions of all the guns like contracts.
If H2SA will remain the king of the series is what im wondering here, i hope IOI has learned from contracts...

OutLaVVThuG
26th Sep 2005, 19:59
Yeah 12 levels is a little sad, but 50 modifications and 30 weapons, I'm all over that.

Salem4
26th Sep 2005, 21:45
For me, it would be just as good a game with 4 weapons. (Piano wire, Anaesthetics, Silenced 9mm pistol (Beretta), Walther or other sniper rifle).

But as long as the levels are all good, the amount of them is not that important.

OutLaVVThuG
27th Sep 2005, 19:48
Good point, agreed.

Freddo
28th Sep 2005, 19:58
If H2SA will remain the king of the series is what im wondering here, i hope IOI has learned from contracts...
Personally, I think H2 is the weakest game in the series so far. Sure, it's the game with the most levels, but I find most of them to be boring.

I don't like military levels. I want civilian levels like Traditions Of The Trade. Walking around in my suit among people who have no clue I just killed someone; awesome :cool: H3 didn't have any military levels at all, which was a very nice move. And IOI have said that there will be none in H4 either, which is the main reason I look forward to H4 so much.

I choose quality over quantity.

Salem4
28th Sep 2005, 20:24
I agree. Just the mention of Columbia gives me shivers.

Freddo
28th Sep 2005, 20:26
Columbia :D

Salem4
28th Sep 2005, 20:39
Ugh.. ;)

Alexlovesguns
30th Sep 2005, 02:35
Personally, I think H2 is the weakest game in the series so far. Sure, it's the game with the most levels, but I find most of them to be boring.

I don't like military levels. I want civilian levels like Traditions Of The Trade. Walking around in my suit among people who have no clue I just killed someone; awesome :cool: H3 didn't have any military levels at all, which was a very nice move. And IOI have said that there will be none in H4 either, which is the main reason I look forward to H4 so much.

I choose quality over quantity.

Well i disagree, Contracts did bring some improvements but was still not half has good has H2SA. It just felt like a quick money grabber and while it brought some improvements it also lost quite a few good features.

H2 had a much more refined and original design, diferent locations and places (Sicily, S. Petersburg, Japan, India, Malasia, Nuristan, etc..) and the famous tool shed at Gontrano was much better than the black "place". The funny Briefings, the awsome weapon sounds and overall available weapons, it was a rich game variety and content wise while Contracts was all the same rainy, dark stuff. Even the HUD looked worse in Contracts, the music was too dark and repetitive too plus those ugly low resolution FMV's were pure garbage compared with H2's ingame movies.

There was one military level in Contracts though, Bjarkov Bomb but it wasnt close to Petersburg Stakeout or subway torpedo mostly because the game was dumbed down so much and the level felt fake. I choose quality over quantity too, mostly regarding the weapons, all those dual and supressed weapons in Contracts were poor choices and many looked bad, i missed the 9mmSD, the crossbow, the clorophorm, the non supressed SMG, etc, Even the funny stuff like the Katana, golf club, etc were better than the minigun.

But yes i am disapointed about BM only having 12 levels, hopefully they wont all take place at rainy night with the same repetitive music all the time but i will surely miss some military levels, i also hope the PC version wont be a bad port this time with blurry filters, i want my antialiasing back :D .

H2 SA was a unfinished masterpiece because of some bugs and levels but Contracts is nothing in comparison except for traditions of the trade, that was one nicely ported level :thumbsup: .
IOI better deliver the goods this time because another Contracts and the series goes down the toilet, just like Core and tomb raider ;) ....

Freddo
30th Sep 2005, 03:04
You bring some good points, and I agree with some of them :)

However, I think Contracts were simply more fun, and that's all I care about; to have fun. I don't like any level in Japan or Nuristan, and find most levels in S. Petersburg to be boring too. And first India level, and middle Malaysia level. Plenty of "bad" levels, while I didn't really find any level in Contracts to be "bad", as I enjoyed to play the all; and been replaying Contracts plenty of times while I only replayed H2SA 3 times. Which is far less than I've replayed H1 or H3. I have replayed Anathema and Invitation to a Party many times, though. The demo levels *sigh* ;) Could have saved some money there darnit! :D

And I prefer the HUD for contracts too. Don't care much for weapons, since I'm using fiberwire or some silenced pistol most of the time

As for the music, I like them both a lot; can't really pick one over the other. Each game have one song that I can listen to over and over for hours without getting tired of it. Great stuff. And the other songs are very good too.

One thing I very much agree with, though, is that the FMV's were pure garbage compared with H2's ingame movies. I really really wish IOI go back to ingame movies with Blood Money. One another good thing with ingame movies is that they are subtitled. I've seen the end sequence with Diana and 47 on the plane plenty of times but I can still not fully make out what they are saying because of all the background noise and crap.

And Contracts had a really poor excuse for a story too.

Alexlovesguns
2nd Oct 2005, 23:58
I have replayed Anathema and Invitation to a Party many times, though. The demo levels *sigh* ;) Could have saved some money there darnit! :D

I think there were more good levels in H2, shogun showdown was great to play SA style and i also liked tracking Hayamoto, terminal hospitality and death of helennore were also very good imo.
I like a good weapon colection because when we beat the games in SA i like to replay the levels with diferent strategies, weapons and no saving, thats were things might go a bit messy.. i hope that the levels will atleast have multiple objectives and be big enough to provide a decent amount of gaming time :) .

auric
3rd Nov 2005, 14:12
I would prefer lesser guns to levels, lol

I just hope like some others. that each level have various missions & methods to deal with each.
also various methods to move about & all.

hopefully got some special moves like "Splinter Cell" like climbing various objects.

I notice some SC moves in the trailer like (slipping through thight spaces, taking hostages) hope there's some more. :)
hope got speed alteration too.

Love the what u do in the past, will effect the future. Lots of experiments to try. Hopefully there's a silent way to deal with every target. Not like Hitman 2, where they force us to kill everyone first.
:cool:

the one true thief
3rd Nov 2005, 19:24
hopefully got some special moves like "Splinter Cell" like climbing various objects.

If they put that into it, I would most defiantely not buy it! :eek:

auric
3rd Nov 2005, 23:29
Why not, I’m not asking for tough acrobat stuff like using a rope from 1 end to another or splitting his legs, lol.
Just that he'd be able to climb certain walls or strong drain pipes to a window.

Like in 1st level of part 2, there's 1 big hole up there & no way to get there. :D

can't recall, i think there's something there that "look like" can be climbed, but the game is not programed to do so.
:cool:

Killaw
2nd Jan 2006, 04:00
I have just reinstalled contracts... and what i want for the next sequel is A LOT of more movements for the character, i mean barely all the (at least on the ground) movements of splinter cell's Sam Fisher! [ plus the nice jumpshot from Max Payne as an icing on the cake. :'D ]
I find the current ones more than ever frustrating and limited, and i really want to be the silent assassin that Splinter Cell allow me to be :/ [ with of course the hitman environment added ;) ]

I have bought all the PC versions of Hitman from the first one... but on this point it is really the time to evolve, because it is an huge drawback of the gameplay.

You can also add the more elaborated level randomization from Swat 4. ;)
If only they could think at these two points for a future sequel... it would be my GOTY.

Best regards,
Sensi

Edit: oops, Auric already made a similar request ;) I am with you on this! but i would prefer the freedom of movement, the mouse wheel speed increase, more than the "special moves".