PDA

View Full Version : Seige: I need some tips

jacketedammo
25th Sep 2005, 15:35
I'm playing as Britain and I am at war with France. I sailed by ship and took Britanny first, now I am seiging Il' de France. I have troops occupying the provence and the seige is on. It says to keep more troops in the provence to make the seige finish fast. I put as many troops in their as I can, but the seige is dragging by and patriots armies keep rising and interrupting me. I have two questions: How can I speed up the seige? and why won't the game let me put more than 3 armies in one provence at a time? Every time I try to put another army in the provence, it keeps putting the army back. I already know that once you take an army off the ship into one provence that you have to wait till the next turn to move it into another provence. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Hogan
25th Sep 2005, 17:47
Hmm... I am assuming you are using captains. 3 Captain's armies often aren't enough. My best advice to you is to put troops in all French territories and make peace. They can't expand any more, you can still trade with them for a far greater profit than internal commerce, and you don't run the risk of giving them a patriot army. It is less time consuming, less troop consuming, and more profitable. Later, when you get Generals, then you should crush them.

hardyea
25th Sep 2005, 20:27
Sometimes Other Countries Send other troops of theres and Let them Help not to become under Seige.

keyser soze
26th Sep 2005, 07:10
You should have generals for major power capitol siege. It is the best and fastest way.

britishjohn
26th Sep 2005, 08:42
I sure that leter on in the tech tree, I think you have to chose an autocratic system, there is research that reduces the time needed to take capitals. So I suppose the the others are right, you either need to put up with the patriot armies or wait until the later ages to take on major powers.

dikki10
27th Sep 2005, 10:35
I sure that leter on in the tech tree, I think you have to chose an autocratic system, there is research that reduces the time needed to take capitals. So I suppose the the others are right, you either need to put up with the patriot armies or wait until the later ages to take on major powers.

Thats a good point. What are the ramifications on the game between having demo or auto cratic. I know the real life difference - democracy - everyone has a vote & say (supposedly)

Autocratic - well something like hitler / Napoleon / Darth Sidious :D

Feel free to correct me if thats not quite correct cos personally i think the gap between Darth Sidious and Tony Blair is somewhat narrow ;)

But how does that bear out in the game if say for arguments sake you dicided GB to become autocratic as opposed to demo