PDA

View Full Version : Poor Lara What Have You Done To Her?

fry_guy
23rd Sep 2005, 18:24
My Poor Lara. I feel so sad for her. She started off a beautiful maiden with an attitude and now she's globbed with dark eyeshadow. It looks really gross to me. HEY half of what made tomb raider great was playing as uber sexy lara croft. I want to play legends but then I wonder if I'll be grossed out every time I see her disgusting eye shadow.

Treeble
23rd Sep 2005, 21:07
I want to play legends but then I wonder if I'll be grossed out every time I see her disgusting eye shadow.

You mean... eye shadow? Like this?? :eek:

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/images/legacy_art_43/screen1.jpg

And it is not from Legend. :rolleyes:

Funnily enough, I don't remember having heard complains from her eye shadow back then. The art may have glasses covering her eyes, but the game had not.

LaraAngelOfDarkness
23rd Sep 2005, 22:06
My Poor Lara. I feel so sad for her. She started off a beautiful maiden with an attitude and now she's globbed with dark eyeshadow. It looks really gross to me. HEY half of what made tomb raider great was playing as uber sexy lara croft. I want to play legends but then I wonder if I'll be grossed out every time I see her disgusting eye shadow.

Um, Lara's eyes are mascaraed up like AOD. They look so pretty now :D .

IliveForNoOne
24th Sep 2005, 02:23
it may look bad to you, but hey, be happy we have tomb raider at all :) and i agree that it looks good. it gives her a bad attitude look which i like. :thumbsup:

star girl
24th Sep 2005, 13:37
I want to play legends but then I wonder if I'll be grossed out every time I see her disgusting eye shadow.

That's not eye-shadow, by the way. Just something natural with me too, people think that it is eye-shadaow, but in real, it's not. That dark thing is natural, I never concentrated on my eyes till now, and have come to the answer, that (sigh)

Lara (like me) has dark circles...

Kwazak
25th Sep 2005, 21:36
I think they ruined Lara, the should have stuck with the 1 to 3 Lara, not the 4 or 5 and definatly not the 6 or 7, before Lara was original but not anymore.

LaraAngelOfDarkness
25th Sep 2005, 23:15
I think they ruined Lara, the should have stuck with the 1 to 3 Lara, not the 4 or 5 and definatly not the 6 or 7, before Lara was original but not anymore.

I really don't get what you mean by your statement. How is she any different from the other forms of herself? The only difference is she went through a little change to make her look more next-gen. Eidos had to fix some of the things that were bothering those who played the game.

How is Lara now, as you put it, UNORIGINAL now? Because she borrows some moves from Prince of Persia? Well in TR Chronicles she could already do the horizontal pole swing and most of her moves from the first few games are back anyway so.........

I seriously don't get all the complaints from people as of late, there is nothing wrong with her model or the new gameplay changes, it was very needed and has ALOT of NEW people interested in the franchise again. For every one fan that hates the new changes there are like six new people who have just become interested in the game again. I think thats a fair trade to keep the series going.

Kwazak
26th Sep 2005, 04:59
what I mean by unoriginal is her face is no longer unique like in the first few games, I loved that Lara.

Mangar The Dark
26th Sep 2005, 16:13
what I mean by unoriginal is her face is no longer unique like in the first few games, I loved that Lara.

She was a bizarre, drugged-out, looking character in some of the early games, who was so oddly proportioned she actually looked deformed. I think now they're just trying to make her at least remotely attractive.

LaraAngelOfDarkness
26th Sep 2005, 19:11

She still looks the same to me, only she has more polygons making up her face and she has more realistic textures. The only other different things are: her bust size, hair style, outfit, and she has a more porportioned body. I think doing this was a ver WISE decision. Looking at the hundered or so videogame characters created evey year, I haven't seen one that really looks like her at all. Obviously though, she still loks the same because if you were to show her picture to people throughout the game industry, magazines, and gamers they could tell you it is Lara Croft in a heartbeat.

ELEN
26th Sep 2005, 19:34
I think it was time for Lara to change a bit. Although the old games bring me some good memories and the old Lara will always remain unforgetable, we have to make one step forward. I believe that our hesitations probably come from AOD. Lara was almost the same for the first 5 games (almost same model) and now we have 3 different Laras for the last 3 games.

I like the new Lara. Seeing the other (non TR) games, the old model was a little bit "old-fashioned". Although I would like to return back to basics (and this wish came after AOD), I strongly believe that the combination of the old and new style will be a success.

Johnny
27th Sep 2005, 10:42
Obviously though, she still loks the same because if you were to show her picture to people throughout the game industry, magazines, and gamers they could tell you it is Lara Croft in a heartbeat.

You're absolutely right... and I even have firsthand proof of it! :D My mom's boyfriend (who claims he hasn't played Tomb Raider since the 2nd installment) caught a glimpse of the 'Legend' Lara Croft on my desktop wallpaper, and immediately, he recognized who she is and stated, "Ohhh, Lara Croft... She's hot!" LOL! So Crystal Dynamics must be doing something right! :rolleyes:

Mangar The Dark
27th Sep 2005, 14:54
Yeah, she clearly still looks like Lara. I think she just had a very bizarre look before because of technology limitations. Now, with more polygons, they can make her look more human and more appealing. And I think it's good to be away from the dark, brooding Lara of AOD. When I played the earlier games, she never struck me as dark and brooding-- she struck me as a serial killer who cheerfully kills anyone without a moment's hesitation. Well, okay, so maybe that's not quite the image Eidos was going after, but she DID kill a lot, and occasionally killed innocent bystanders (museum guards, Area 51 agents, Von Croy's employees, etc.)

Anyway, back on topic, I saw no reason for her to be so dark and brooding in AOD. She was pissed off at Von Croy for abandoning her, which just seemed stupid since Von Croy was the ONLY one putting any effort into looking for her (her so-called friends already had the memorial service and were making themselves comfortable in her mansion.) Hmm... I'm digressing again.... Okay, long story short, I think the new Lara looks good. She still looks like Lara, but better and more likeable.

Johnny
27th Sep 2005, 16:32
I think Crystal Dynamics nailed Lara's look right on target. :thumbsup: She's never looked better!

tomb_raiding
27th Sep 2005, 19:50
I agree, she looks alot more realistic now.

French raider
13th Oct 2005, 13:48
I agree too she looks more real and she is very nice but well there is a "I don't know what" which enoys me... I don't recognize her anymore

Xxx_Lara_xxX
14th Oct 2005, 22:37
I think that "I don't know what" is her eyebrows, she used to be a highbrow aristocrat, now her brows are almost touching her eyes in the middle, they moved them down a bit too much (IMHO)

Still, its way better than AOD's weirdo ugly face and the infamous caterpillar eyebrows with red eyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/wiccaebay/007.jpg

plus she was starting to look a little too familiar after TR3
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/wiccaebay/jacksonlara.jpg

ahh the good old days
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/wiccaebay/misc/small.jpg

Sophia Leigh
15th Oct 2005, 07:54
I think that "I don't know what" is her eyebrows, she used to be a highbrow aristocrat, now her brows are almost touching her eyes in the middle, they moved them down a bit too much (IMHO)

Still, its way better than AOD's weirdo ugly face and the infamous caterpillar eyebrows with red eyes:

ahh the good old days

Blasphemy! :eek:

French raider
15th Oct 2005, 10:46
:D poor Lara...

LostCry
15th Oct 2005, 13:51
Dont go giving Eidos ideas!!! *looks around* Mind you...Micheal Jackson would look kinda cool swinging from vines and fending off fearsome tigers... :eek:

Stuntbabe X
17th Oct 2005, 06:31
LMAO This is the best you can do? Complain about her EYESHADOW??? :confused: HAHAHAHA!!! :D Well this is excellent news, everyone. Natually, people have to complain about everything so if THIS is the biggest complaint about TRL, then I will congratulate Eidos on an incredibly successful game! :cool: :thumbsup:

LostCry
17th Oct 2005, 15:08
LMAO This is the best you can do? Complain about her EYESHADOW??? :confused: HAHAHAHA!!! :D Well this is excellent news, everyone. Natually, people have to complain about everything so if THIS is the biggest complaint about TRL, then I will congratulate Eidos on an incredibly successful game! :cool: :thumbsup:

lol, good point! You can hardly see the eyshadow anyway when shes in action!! :D :p

lovely
17th Oct 2005, 16:07
:eek:
probably you used to think that lara's body would remain the same forever...i think she's so gorgeous now!! she's a little bit more refined and not only "plentiful"...

lovely
17th Oct 2005, 16:13
Blasphemy! :eek:
you're crazy if you think lara looks like Micheal!! she's better surely now that in the past! :mad:

amirg7
18th Oct 2005, 15:34
well....guys, lara was looking like a man! she hadn't symbols of woman....she was a man...!!!! now she looks girlish and...a real woman :)

midroth
18th Oct 2005, 23:38
well....guys, lara was looking like a man! she hadn't symbols of woman....she was a man...!!!! now she looks girlish and...a real woman :)Lara is a girl, a woman??? http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/smilies/eek.gif Omg! I thought all the time Lara would be a heroine. Things happens...

Xxx_Lara_xxX
18th Oct 2005, 23:53
:) Maybe its not that Lara looked like a man, but Jacko looks like a woman...

oh well, the new Lara is so beautiful! CD has done a fantastic job making Lara look like an active adventure girl, not a gigantic-boob stick figure or weirdo face girl! :thumbsup:

midroth
19th Oct 2005, 00:36
Jacko looks like a dead, rotten koala...

Roody
19th Oct 2005, 12:33
I don't think we want to go back to triangular boobs and nodding in time to her speech do we? For me, Tomb Raider II was the defining Tomb Raider, so TRII Lara is, for me, the "real" Lara. But New Lara is so much more realistic, and as has been said, she's still Lara! And she is so gorgeous now. And hot and realistic :D.

Silva
19th Oct 2005, 23:48
like i always say, it is not hard for the designers and artists to have an option like "eye shadow" on or off...I hope they see that people like different things, so they shiould be able to chose! its that simple...

KHollister
20th Oct 2005, 00:35
Well, I like having options too, but at some point, I think it becomes silly...

Suppose they give you an option to turn "eye shadow" on or off... what's next? Choosing hair color? Skin color? Tall or short Lara? Thin or fat Lara? Someone mentioned tattoos (yuck)? How about a choice of outfits? Or, for the perverts, a choice of going au natural?

The way I see it, some change is inevitable. But if you change too much, Lara would cease to be Lara.

In my opinion, Legends Lara looks good -- there's no need for customization...

Sophia Leigh
20th Oct 2005, 00:49
Blasphemy!

you're crazy if you think lara looks like Micheal!! she's better surely now that in the past! :mad:

I don't think Lara looks like Michael Jackson. Blasphemy means: "to speak irreverently of" or "defamation of any person or thing worthy of exalted esteem" ;)

star girl
20th Oct 2005, 11:15
Michael Jackson and LARA??!!

Seriosuly, this is not cool! Lara was soo much better in AoD, than the previos games. Her lips moved, and she blinked! and that thing you call 'eye-shadow', really makes her look dark, because in AoD, she was MEANT to look dark and hard and gloomy.

Whereas Legend is a complete new start for her, and she looks okay in that. i think CD made her wear make-up because she is something like... 38 years old in LEGEND!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

She's growing old, but I like AOD Lara, as Legend gives the 'fake' look, but she looks natural in AOD.

tombraidergirl
20th Oct 2005, 11:54
I don't get it why so many people complain about changes that were made to Lara in AoD, NOW? You had enough time when AOD came out. By the way, Lara is improving again.

The way I see it, is that changes became necessary, when graphics improved (from PS standard to PS2). They did that in AOD and some of it was nice, while some was too different. Lara never had black lined eyes (I am not arguing if it is eyeliner or natural - poor girl in that case - since this would be wasted time).

She looks way better in Legend, since these "dark" changes are gone again. Her face is not as long as it was in AOD and looks very similar to some of the wallpaper images we had during the classic games.

She has become realistic.

I wish the people who complain about the new Lara would finally give us an image of "their" high-quality dream Lara.

Maybe they want to stick to the old low-polygones-Lara. Well then maybe TR ends for them with the Custom Levels.

20th Oct 2005, 12:49
感觉到很粗俗吗?其实我看来,还是制作的比较真实的,给我的感觉瞒好的,masculine,Do you agree with me??

CatSuit&Ponytail
20th Oct 2005, 14:14
Maybe they want to stick to the old low-polygones-Lara. Well then maybe TR ends for them with the Custom Levels.
http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/lol.gif

http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon2.gif I have always loved how Lara looked, regardless of her polygons. If she has just 8 pixels, I am still happy.....where's Deek's sig? :D

Xxx_Lara_xxX
20th Oct 2005, 22:09
IMHO AOD Lara's eyes didn't look masculine, they looked more Ninja Turtle-ish because they follow her eyebrows down and get narrower toward her nose and then widen out at the lateral edges, but that 's just my opinion

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/wiccaebay/tmntlara.jpg

and her lipstick matches donatello's purple mask-- kewl!

star girl
21st Oct 2005, 10:13
IMHO AOD Lara's eyes didn't look masculine, they looked more Ninja Turtle-ish because they follow her eyebrows down and get narrower toward her nose and then widen out at the lateral edges.

THAT, is the magic of squinting!!!!!

If you have noticed, Lara squints a LOT is AOD. Now I get it!

Sophia Leigh
23rd Oct 2005, 11:23
IMHO AOD Lara's eyes didn't look masculine, they looked more Ninja Turtle-ish because they follow her eyebrows down and get narrower toward her nose and then widen out at the lateral edges, but that 's just my opinion

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/wiccaebay/tmntlara.jpg

and her lipstick matches donatello's purple mask-- kewl!

LOL! How can you compare Lara to a ninja turtle, that is ridiculous! :D

I must say, I completely agree with star girl!

NiNo
23rd Oct 2005, 14:37
Eyeliner and Mascara -_- Makes your eyes look different. I use it all the time, looks pretty on Lara.

I think it's better now that she looks realistic. And I can't wait to play Tomb Raider Legend *Sigh..*

Xxx_Lara_xxX
23rd Oct 2005, 19:03
There was something strange about her eyes in AOD and I never could quite put my finger on what was wrong, then I realized -- the outer half of of her eye wasn't closing, so both of her eyes would become smaller near her nose but the outer half would stay open -- physically this is impossible to do because the ocularis muscles cause both eyes to squint symmetrically, that's why it looks so cartoony :D
If you notice in Legend, when Lara squints her eyes narrow like a real person, they don't just narrow in the middle near her nose :p

~~LaraCroft~~
27th Oct 2005, 06:08

ahh the good old days

Poor Lara T.T
::Sniff:: What have they done to her, she looks like micheal Jackson :eek: ......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xxx_Lara_xxX
27th Oct 2005, 16:48
It is my absolute conviction that MJ was having plastic surgery to look like Lara. Not a joke. Just think about all the things they have in common -- both were pop icons, extremely popular with kids, little boys love Lara -- maybe Jacko wanted in on this action...

it started with his own nose, getting smaller and smaller over the years. Then he saw how small Lara's nose was, and he decided he needed his nose to be exactly that small too - goes to the plastic surgeon.

Then he sees the shape of Lara's eyes are, so he gets a blepharoplasty to look like her, and an eyebrow lift to raise his eyebrows to little arched peaks, because if you look at pictures of Jacko as a boy, his eyebrows were originally bushy over his eyes like most men

Then he gets his lips shaved to look like Lara's, and straightens his hair --
the result:

http://www.thespoof.com/picstore/celebs/mike1.jpg

I don't think its insulting to Lara, imitation is the highest form of flattery!

Dia2blo
27th Oct 2005, 19:36
thats scary about mj, but anyway, if you havnt noticed, on tr1, the cgi looked great, but in game Lara was ugly, and now shes not. Also, i think the mascara makes her look like she has an attitude! :)

Mangar The Dark
27th Oct 2005, 20:42
So if Angelina Jolie isn't interested in a third TR film, maybe Jacko can do it! COOL! (he can be Lara's long lost twin brother, Larry Croft.)

ladylinnycroft
30th Oct 2005, 15:44
i think Lara looks amazing in TR7....so real and real flesh impact...she looks so so beautiful

T-Bird
5th Nov 2005, 20:59
Lara is doing fine people, just leave her alone. Now if u were controlling a 350 lb. cow with hogie sandwiches as backup then youed think secondly about that last comment on her behind' "It's not too right, it's not firm enough...bla...bla...bla..." She's perfect in all asspects. :)

star girl
5th Nov 2005, 22:11
Lara is doing fine people, just leave her alone. Now if u were controlling a 350 lb. cow with hogie sandwiches as backup then youed think secondly about that last comment on her behind' "It's not too right, it's not firm enough...bla...bla...bla..." She's perfect in all asspects. :)

If we would, then this thread would have to be closed, but let me carry the 'tradition' and lead the topic to cosmetics.

Unlike above stated, I'm very much fine without make-up. The only thing that I put on willingly is a lip silk, to prevent my lips from cracking (hyper tension- red eyes + long 'annual' nosebleeds + dried up lips).

There is a special type of kohl, that my grandmum's extremely religious friend gave. It helps weak eyesight to improve, but I use it just beacuse 'I want to' and it is wasted on me (my eyesight is okay).

So, in AOD, I thought that Lara was wearing that type of cosmetic, and it really does suit her 'dark' attitude.

marggo
28th Dec 2005, 12:21
PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Lara do not look like Micael Jacson! And now she looks better than ever but there is one thing that i dont like. Where is the long hair?At first it was very long and with each TR it got shorter..... and shorter....... at the end they will leave Lara bald!THEY MUST BRING BASK HER LONG HAIR!!!!!!!!!
(sorry for my bad english i am from bulgaria)

LaraGirl216
5th Jun 2006, 20:13
I like the look of the new Lara

I mean in TR2 I don't know if it was the graphics but it looked like she had a square head in the videos...:)

http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/games/E-061/ms/E-061-S-11620-A.jpg

LaraGirl216
6th Jun 2006, 08:09
It's not Lara Croft that has bad eyeshadow.

It's Amanda Evert... YELLOW!!!! Isn't that too bright? :cool:

lara lady
6th Jun 2006, 11:50
WELL I THOUGHT SHE WAS GOOD IN THIS GAME.IN THE OTHER GAMES IT'S KINDA GROSS.I REALLY LIKED THIS GAME IT WAS FULL OF ADVENTURE AND ACTION PAKED NONE STOP!

:p

lara lady
6th Jun 2006, 11:55
REALLY.AMANDA PICK YELLOW............THE MOST UGLYEST COLOR!!NO AFFENTCE TO PEOPLE WHO LIKE IT.LARA GIRL 216 MADE A GOOD THING BECAUSE YELLOW IS SSSSSSOOOOOOO OOOOUUUUTTTT OF STYLE!!!!!UGH,JUST THINKING ABOUT IT MAKES ME WANNA BARF!ACCTULY WEN I SAY IT IT ALMOST FEELS LIKE IM POISNED!!

:lmao:

LARA:Amanda has a huge fashion problem!

:lol:

lara lady
6th Jun 2006, 11:56
ew!!!

GoranAgar
6th Jun 2006, 12:12

That is not an official Lara picture. But real Tomb Raider fans would see that right away. :rasp:

shirl123
6th Jun 2006, 13:31

I agree about TR4 and TR5...her face were completly diffrent!

however, I strongly disagree when it comes to TR6 and TR7:
TR6 = the original Lara with better graphics.
TR7 = the original Lara with better graphics, after speding some time at the beach ;)

Lara and Micheal Jackson? oh dear...you guys are - :nut: .

TRBeth
6th Jun 2006, 23:54
Lara is definitely more mainstream beauty now in Legend, than her exotic appearance in the original concept. I agree the black eyeshadow is a tad too thick in this game. When she talks in movies, the eyelashes look fake. lol

Someone rolling around in the dust, probably would not worry too much about makeup. Lets face it, if you open up the original, you will see a lot of changes. Original Lara was more curvy, with wide hips and even thick thighs. The breast reduction is obvious, and a definate plus. Legend Lara is following the tall, sleek appearance of Jolie. She definitely never looked better.

wildcat
7th Jun 2006, 15:16
Look here...:cool:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/wild0426/boxwallpaper011024.jpg

Now this looks bad!:confused:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/wild0426/larablood4py.jpg

And poor Amanda...:(

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/wild0426/amanda8ke.jpg

LaraGirl216
7th Jun 2006, 19:23
LIKE HOW DO U EDIT OUTFITS IS IT ONLY ON PC???

IF SO MAYBE YOU COULD POINT OUT AMANDA'S EYESHADOW!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/images/tombraiderlegend_ps2_screenshots_27/screen8.jpg

CatSuit&Ponytail
8th Jun 2006, 14:18
Please don't shout, "LaraGirl216."

Yes, one can edit graphics only on pc.

ziad
8th Jun 2006, 16:21
erm lara is meant to be english? she looks like my sister now ugh... so not only has eidos made my sisters ego shoot straight up, they also made lara look slightly exotic... i have no complaints.... i kinda think it's cool and omg in AOD her body was way deformed lol

Darkness_65
8th Jun 2006, 17:39
she looks like my sister now

Well, you have very lucky neighbours! :D

LaraGirl216
8th Jun 2006, 20:26
I wasn't shouting I just like big writing!!!

SEE

star girl
9th Jun 2006, 09:14
I wasn't shouting I just like big writing!!!

SEE

hehehehehe... :)

About Amanda, well her eye shadow kinda looks like 'reflecting' light. Just my opinion, but it looks more yellow rather than black... and that IS ugly!

So now we agree that AOD Lara is better than Amanda, right? :p :D

ziad
10th Jun 2006, 22:26
Well, you have very lucky neighbours! :D

ewwwwwwww, thats my sis dude

demonic_eye
13th Jun 2006, 11:42
I actually like her new look, and aside from in AOD (where the eyes did look ever so slightly overdone) they look fine in the latest game. I definitely would not like to see a return to earlier character models: triangualr breasts, cuboid hands and a square(ish) head... in this day and age it would just look out of place.

lara-croft
14th Jun 2006, 21:58
You guys better act nice,or i'll send Zip and Toru Mishimura to kill you
:rasp: :p :lmao: :D

LaraGirl216
21st Jun 2006, 05:11
Well, I better start running then...

pot
21st Jun 2006, 15:55
I think she looks hotter than ever! Those hips drive me wild like a tiger roooooooooar!

Damn controls are crap though.

Inuyasha
22nd Jun 2006, 14:08
:cool:
Dude listen to me in tomb raider legends she makes guys go wow what in the world...she's beautiful!!!

http://smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/04/19/lara_narrowweb__300x503,0.jpg

Dude she looks awesome!!!!

Inuyasha
22nd Jun 2006, 14:16
Hello my best friends lara looks awesome!!!! Iam so happy lara doesn't have that really nasty eye thing...If she looked like that I would not play the game.
A.O.D had way to many problems the story got me so confussed....I was like what!!!

She looks better now!!!!

http://www.tomshardware.se/grafikkort/20060518/images/tomb-raider-legend-packshot.jpg

Inuyasha
22nd Jun 2006, 14:19
My dad who got the game like on father's day beat the whole game in only 4 days!!! When I looked at the reviews they said it needed like 8 more levels!!!! Any way the game was awesome!!!:cool: :D ;) :rolleyes: :eek: :o :p

LaraGirl216
29th Jun 2006, 05:16
i know

LaraGirl216
2nd Jul 2006, 06:51
Inuyasha, (sorry if I spelt it wrong)

I agree it needed a couple new levels.

My mum and my sister and me agree that they liked this TR better.
I remember when I was younger and used 2 watch my dad playing TR, he got soooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoyed when Lara fell off things!!!
It was funny.