PDA

View Full Version : Theatrythm series?

iambasho777
1st Jul 2012, 01:30
I would personally love music from Crisis Core: FFVII and TWEWY (no offense to Uematsu, but I think I like Isimoto's style much better). Kingdom Hearts would be good for me so long as it was heavy on the Days music, Vector to the Heavens and the Riku final boss theme are awesome songs. I would also enjoy some Chrono songs, both games had amazing soundtracks.

Summoner
1st Jul 2012, 12:23
I would rather them just putting this stuff for DLC if any cause there is no point in making another Theatrhythm. :P

member_10077577
1st Jul 2012, 12:38
I would rather them just putting this stuff for DLC if any cause there is no point in making another Theatrhythm. :P

Agreed.

iambasho777
1st Jul 2012, 12:39
If the DLC doesn't get a price drop over here I would much much rather get another Theatrhythm because currently the cost about 20 DLC tracks totals to the cost of the game, while the game itself comes with 79 tracks. Plus, it's Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, they couldn't really put other series's games in it.

Squall-Nathan
1st Jul 2012, 12:40
The spinoffs such as Crisis Core, Crystal Chronicles, Tactics, and maybe even some Kingdom Hearts music.

Summoner
1st Jul 2012, 17:49
Yeah but I'd rather have it all in 1 so I'd rather spend money on DLC, 40$ isnt that much and I dont make that much money. :P

new_tradition
1st Jul 2012, 23:08
If they were to make another Theatrhythm game aside from the FF series, than easily I say the next one should be Kingdom Hearts. I love Nobuo's work (and I will forever cherish my autograph I got from him when I went to Distant Worlds ♥), but I'm so deeply enthralled by Yoko's work, especially the stuff she's done for KH. I'm sure there's enough themes to make a music game out of it, too boot.

After that, I'd say Star Ocean. Motoi's work is EPIC *_*

Summoner
2nd Jul 2012, 06:41
Aw lucky, I wish to someday meet my favorite composer and get his autograph as well.

iambasho777
2nd Jul 2012, 12:00
Yeah but I'd rather have it all in 1 so I'd rather spend money on DLC, 40$ isnt that much and I dont make that much money. :P

So... you're saying you would rather pay four times as much per song and yet saying you don't make that much money and an extra $40 isn't that much at the same time? *confused*

vitornavarrete
2nd Jul 2012, 12:32
Well, I would like one based on Shimomura's work. That way we would have Kingdom Hearts, Super Mario RPG and Street Fighter II tracks. Playing Guile's theme would be awesome, since it goes with everythin:

FF VII (Aerith's dead)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMq8bAybP8k (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMq8bAybP8k)

FF VIII (Balamb Garden raid)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KII2mOxWRAA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KII2mOxWRAA)

FF VI (Maria & Draco Opera)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tflppLXBSEY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tflppLXBSEY)

member_10809258
2nd Jul 2012, 13:04
I say Kingdom Hearts. It's such a fun and very unique series and the Music is done quite well it'd be great if they made a Theatrhythm for it. :]

Summoner
2nd Jul 2012, 17:18

So... you're saying you would rather pay four times as much per song and yet saying you don't make that much money and an extra $40 isn't that much at the same time? *confused*

Heh, I'm just saying I'd rather have DLC of everything and 40$ isn't as much as spending 60$.

Ice
2nd Jul 2012, 18:57
Gotta go with Chrono. I personally consider Mitsuda to be the best composer in the industry, and both games make up my #1 and 2 as far as soundtracks go.

Summoner
2nd Jul 2012, 19:12
Chrono? And I don't know much of other composers except for Nobuo.

keybladewielder
8th Jul 2012, 21:26
anyone excited to see this become a series i would love to see kingdom hearts added to this although i dont know what other game soundtracks would fit. Still im excited to see how they'll use this game in the future!

Asuha
8th Jul 2012, 21:43
It would be cool to see a Kingdom Hearts style one or perhaps a general Square Enix series one made.

Summoner
8th Jul 2012, 21:55
I could maybe see some KH songs in it maybe since they do use FF characters but it is a totally different game series. I think they should add different episodes like if they added FFX-2 and FFXIII-2 along with FFXIII Versus and FFTactic games in with it as well.

ShelkeNeko
8th Jul 2012, 23:15
i can see few crystal series or tactic in the game for new song maybe have more active summoning at least 2 time hehe for heavy boss.

Summoner
8th Jul 2012, 23:52
I ran into a dark note for Man With The Machine Gun and they were all sliding notes and I couldnt even down the 3rd enemy or get to the boss cause each one took up like 1/10 of the song lol.

member_10734627
8th Jul 2012, 23:57
So this game is for the DS, right? I might check it out. I'm not really into the art style, but it would be nice to hear the music again. Esp. FF Versus XIII's song. Or to Zanarkand.

So is is battles through music or something like that? Does it use the touch screen functionality?

member_10323743
9th Jul 2012, 00:01
So this game is for the DS, right? I might check it out. I'm not really into the art style, but it would be nice to hear the music again. Esp. FF Versus XIII's song. Or to Zanarkand.

So is is battles through music or something like that? Does it use the touch screen functionality?

It's exclusively touch screen. Zanarkand is on here and it's believed that there's a FF Versus XIII song coming out as DLC, just not on-cartridge.
And just in-case you thought it was for the standard NDS, it unfortunately is not. It's a 3DS exclusive.

Summoner
9th Jul 2012, 00:05
This game is only for the 3DS. It only uses the touch screen, the specific Final Fantasy songs you listen to have customized backgrounds for that world. Example you wont be seeing FFVI's worldmap when "Blue Fields" FFVIII playing or won't be fighting in Spira with FFVII's "JENOVA" playing. Though the enemies are random, you'll have a high chance at meeting the game's bosses like Kefka if you're playing FFVI's music or Sephiroth FFVII. It's a really fun game and you have 15 secret characters you can unlock which makes a grand total of 28 characters to choose from and each song has 3 difficulties and the highest rank you can achieve is a SSS.

Also they have add-on content for this game you can get from in-game. Which right now is songs they will make available every now and then and each song is .99c plus tax depending on the state you're in.

member_10734627
9th Jul 2012, 00:30
To TonisESP and Summoner, thank you for the info!

I didn't know this game is for the 3DS. I won't be able to get it since I don't have that system.

Summoner
9th Jul 2012, 09:50
Maybe you'll get it in the future, you never know.

member_10734627
9th Jul 2012, 10:24
Maybe you'll get it in the future, you never know.

Thanks, maybe I will one day. Looks fun.

Summoner
9th Jul 2012, 10:42
If you love Final Fantasy music, I'm sure you'd love this game.

Chandlia
9th Jul 2012, 13:16
I'd love to see a general Square Enix Theatrhythm game. Kingdom Hearts and -- especially -- Chrono Trigger would be great additions! There's so much great music out there!

Even better would be a musical version of Soul Caliber for RPGs. Instead of fighting characters there would be music, scenes and characters from all platforms and companies. Sort of a playable collection of Best Video Game Music: Zelda, the Final Fantasies, Golden Sun, the Mario RPGs, etc.... It's probably unrealistic to hope for but it is a fun idea!

ashleyj1988
9th Jul 2012, 13:41
I'd love to see this become a series. I can't seem to put mine down when I start playing!

Summoner
9th Jul 2012, 13:57
I can only see that if they make it so that the next one would take after what Dissidia did, kept the original characters and added more. But in Theatrhythm's case, add more characters - Final Fantasy series like FFX-2, FFXIII-2, FFXIIIV, FFXIV, FFTactics, FFCC, FFCT and kept the original songs from this Theatrhythm and add about 70+ more tracks and the DLC songs that you bought will transfer over to the next one. But if anything I think they can just make patches/expansions for this game to just add-on to it.

keybladewielder
22nd Jul 2012, 23:05
id love to see more characters like tifa and luna added to theatrhythm, there's so much they can do with this game. now if more companies happened to take this idea and made a zelda rhythm game i wouldnt mind seeing that at all, there really is a lot of music to use out there.

Automaton
23rd Jul 2012, 00:18
id love to see more characters like tifa and luna added to theatrhythm, there's so much they can do with this game. now if more companies happened to take this idea and made a zelda rhythm game i wouldnt mind seeing that at all, there really is a lot of music to use out there.

If you meant Yuna from Final Fantasy X...

... she is an unlockable character in the game already.

Since this game is essentially a Dissidia spinoff (hint: the logo), if there were any more characters to add, preference should go to the rest of the Chaos-sided villians first, I think.

Squall-Nathan
24th Jul 2012, 12:37
Hmm...a Kingdom Hearts Theatrhythm or just general Square Enix Theatrhythm that includes Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and single titles like Last Remnant, Nier, etc. Thinking back Nier had some really good music.

Oniros
13th Jan 2014, 01:14
A Theatrhythm with music from the Chrono series, the Mana series, and other Squaresoft IP would be the best thing ever.