PDA

View Full Version : New Stat Editor

Icanus
20th Sep 2005, 20:35
TAFN have just kindly hosted my new Stat Editor here (http://www.tafn.info/phpscripts/filesdb/details.php?file=11)

This time it's a proper windows editor that lets you change the stats directly rather than importing and exporting text files. To install simply unzip to your Imperial Glory\game\gamemode\ folder

This is my first attempt at a windows app, so please be gentle concerning any bugs you find :rolleyes: It also currently doesn't have a few features such as actions and damage data, that were included in version 0.9 of the import/export tool which is still available here (http://www.tafn.info/phpscripts/filesdb/details.php?file=12). These features will hopefully be added in the next version.

britishjohn
22nd Sep 2005, 10:05
Just to let you know (not a moan), when I used the new windows editor for some reason it stopped the enemy soldiers from firing their muskets when in a line. They just stand there in line formation taking punishment without reply. At first I thought it was one of the other files that regulate AI battling but when I restored my dt file to the original backup, the problem was fixed. The text based dt editor does not have this problem. It may be somthing worth looking at when you work on the next version.

:thumbsup:

Scylls
22nd Sep 2005, 10:39
Very nice Tool :) .

Keep up the good work !

/Scylla

gogerl
22nd Sep 2005, 22:49
hello icanus,

when i use ur new dt editor- it doesnt work really.

the reason: i made changes and saved them. then i used the quit function.
but then, when i used the save changes button- it doesnt react.
so i only can quit ur program, when i use the discard changes button.

what can i do to solve this problem?

would be kind if u can help me.

greetings from gogerl

Icanus
23rd Sep 2005, 10:56
britishjohn:

hmm. I'll have a look into it. Not sure what could cause it though - was it just the enemy, or were your troops unable to fire as well? also was it all troop types, or just certain ones?

gogerl:

Oops!, guess I should have checked things over a bit more thoroughly - I'll sort it out in the next version. In the meantime the best bet is to just make sure that you've saved manually before quitting (and don;t worry - even if you choose discard changes, it doesn;t restore the default values, just doesn't save any changes made since the last manual save)

britishjohn
24th Sep 2005, 10:28
Well it was just the enemy troops that did not fire. They just continually marched to a single spot on the battlefield and just stood in a line and did nothing. When I reverted to the original dt file (backup which I keep) that has not been edited on the new editor, the problem was gone. I will try it again but I am sure the new editor corrupted the old file and prevented the enemy form firing.

britishjohn
24th Sep 2005, 11:27
I must send you an apology. Your program works perfectly. You may remember me asking you about the reload speed thing and whether higher numbers represent faster reload times. Well I have discovered that when you start to go over 3 as the reload speed then the computer does not like to return fire at your units. So, warning to all you who want to make units fire faster, don't exceed 3 or you may experience problems as I did. Sorry I blamed your new editor, it just so happened that using your editor coinsided with my project to make better troops fire faster and I didn't realise at first that it was what I had done that had caused the problem.

:thumbsup:

Comrade Wiggum
24th Sep 2005, 16:40
What? I dont have a game/gamemode folder. Are you supposed to create it or what?

Icanus
24th Sep 2005, 18:39
You'll need to extract the game data from the data.pak (and data1.pak for the patch), as for other mods. There are instructions on how to do this in a few other threads on this forum.

Also, once you've extracted it, make sure that the file "modelocombate.dt" in the gamemode folder is not set to be Read Only, or the program won;t be able to save changes you make.

gogerl
24th Sep 2005, 19:50
the new editor doesnt work for me cause i forgot to make the read only function of the modelocombate.dt file inactive.
now it works.
thanks to Icanus!

Comrade Wiggum
24th Sep 2005, 21:02
Ok i did all that and the program works fine now, it just that the text in the game looks kinda funny. Ex. UI_text_loading, or something similar. Any way to fix?

cudakite
13th Jun 2007, 20:40
Dear God!! what happened to the editor?? The links above don't work! noooooooooo!! Please help!

sick
13th Jun 2007, 20:50
Fixed links.

cudakite
13th Jun 2007, 20:55
Bless you sir. Fastest reply ever too! :thumbsup: