PDA

View Full Version : Just a couple of questions.

Mamelukes
19th Sep 2005, 14:25
Um... I downloaded the Imperial Glory Editor, and I have no clue what to do with it. I couldn't get a good enough translation for the spanish readme so I pretty much don't know what I'm doing. But I really don't care about the editor that much I just want to increase unit size and I heard about Icanus's program, but funny thing, I don't know how to use that either. All I want to do is increase unit size, but I'm only a kid and have no idea how it's done. So if anybody could give me a heads up how to do that :) , I'd be very happy!

Thx for any posts!

Mamelukes
19th Sep 2005, 23:48
:( :( I know I'm helpless, but plz someone reply..........

joxer31
20th Sep 2005, 15:03
I had the same problem using Icanus' editor. I did finally get it to work. Here are my steps

1. using winrar, unpack data.pak into the root directory Imperial Glory (there should be 7 folders)
1a. if you have the patch installed, unpack Data1.pak and overwrite the folders
2. rename data.pak -> data.pak.bak and/or Data1.pak -> Data1.pak.bak
3. make a backup of ModeloCombat.dt, I just copied and pasted into a spot I could remember
4. run Icanus' program, option 2, generate text files
5. keep program running... is key, DO NOT EXIT!
6. change the unit number, starting health, and current health (ie 1 man has 100 health, so 100 would have 10000)
7. save the text files
8. with program still running, reload text files back into DT file
9. close program.
10. run game and enjoy

Those are the steps I had to do to change the unit size from 60 to 100 in my game. Heard that it crashes if the you form square with units over 100.

I also changed some stats on the militia because Im sure everyone would agree that we dont like that unit. :)

Anyway hope that works for you and enjoy.

Mamelukes
20th Sep 2005, 23:00
Thx man :D I'm only a kid so your help means a lot to me :D . Also I was just wondering if I need the IG editor for Icanus's program to work, I'm going to go try it now. Thanks :D

Cheers!

Icanus
21st Sep 2005, 11:31
Thx man :D I'm only a kid so your help means a lot to me :D . Also I was just wondering if I need the IG editor for Icanus's program to work, I'm going to go try it now. Thanks :D

You mean the Pyro Editor Tools? - what they are is a collection of information and source code from the game that Pyro very kindly released, rather than a functional program. This is the information I used to write my program, but you don't need to have it to run my editor.

Mamelukes
22nd Sep 2005, 00:26
Thx for the info Icanus, and man AM I PSYCHED ABOUT YOUR PROGRAM!!! And thanks to the info joxer gave me :D (much apprecciated) :D I hope to have way longer battles!!!

THX SO MUCH GUYS!!!!!

2 hrs later- I tried it, *sigh* I'm sad to say It didn't work, and I did all the steps like joxer said, but in the end IG started to glitch and the unit numbers didn't increase. If anyone's read what I wrote could they tell me frequent problems, maybe I share the same problem. :confused: puzzling stuff. Well thx anyway Icanus and Joxer. My dreams have been squashed. I'll try to stick with the 60 units. Also are there any mods out there increasing unit sizes?

ytareh
22nd Sep 2005, 06:36
Try Johanns mod or Icanus latest both of which are more user friendly.