PDA

View Full Version : PS3 & Xbox360

Trinity34
18th Sep 2005, 14:08
I was looking at the specs for these consoles and doesn't it seem like the consoles are becoming more like computers? So why not just buy the computer version of a game and get an emulator to go with it?

I know one of the disadvantages of playing a computer version rather than a console version are the bugs.... but isn't it worth it? What do you guys think?

WraithStar
18th Sep 2005, 18:10
I prefer PC games, plain and simple (I like pretty graphics, and also the console controllers give me hand cramps):) You're right, though. The consoles are becoming PC's that hook up to the TV. Now since they can even go on the net, I'm wondering how long it will be until somebody starts making viruses for consoles? :( Anyhow, if someone bought the PC version, why would they need an emulator to play it? I thought that emulators were to allow someone to play a console game on their PC? If you meant for someone to play a PC game on the console, I don't see the point since the version developed specifically for that console is bound to be more compatible.

Sophia Leigh
19th Sep 2005, 02:08
I much prefer to play my Tomb Raider games on my PS2. I prefer the PS2 controller to the keyboard on my PC (yes I know you can get controllers for PC but I seriously couldn't be bothered at this stage) but the best thing about playing on PS2 is that I can relax on my lounge, even lie down if I want while I play.

The thing that sux about PS2 which PC has going for it is that is you can't get Unfinished Business, Golden Mask or The Lost Artifact, nor can you play custom levels or take screen shots. Also I was stunned at the difference in the graphics especially in the earlier games, TR1 with all the patches and Glidos looks amazing on PC in comparison to Playstation.

I am glad I recently made the tomb raiding transition to PC, it opens up a much larger tomb raider world, which unless you have also made that transition or have only played on PC you cannot comprehend! :thumbsup:

To all you console players I seriously recommend the PC transition but don't quit your console either.

Trinity34
19th Sep 2005, 03:12
To all you console players I seriously recommend the PC transition but don't quit your console either.

I have all the games for PS2 but for Legend I think I will try PC. Hope there are not that many bugs. :)

Sophia Leigh
19th Sep 2005, 05:31
I have all the games for PS2 but for Legend I think I will try PC. Hope there are not that many bugs. :)

I have them all for both :p . Paid retail for most of my PS ones but picked the whole lot up in one bundle nice and cheap on ebay - I love ebay :D!

Another thing with PC is that you can download save game files from Stella. Thanks to Stella I am now playing All Hallows (TR3 bonus level) as there is no way I was going to get all the secrets playing TR3 on playstation (re: the TR3 save game set up) - way too hard without cheats!

CatSuit&Ponytail
19th Sep 2005, 05:40
:rolleyes: We have them all for console and PC as well, and in two languages.

I prefer a game on PC. Better saves system (usually) and way better graphics and graphic options. "So do I want to see reflexions in the water, and ripples, and distortions, and things under the water....or shall I dial those down and make it foggy?" :thumbsup:

star girl
19th Sep 2005, 14:50
:rolleyes: We have them all for console and PC as well, and in two languages.

I prefer a game on PC. Better saves system (usually) and way better graphics and graphic options. "So do I want to see reflexions in the water, and ripples, and distortions, and things under the water....or shall I dial those down and make it foggy?" :thumbsup:

First of all, I never knew that Eidos Forums could send us an e-mail wishing us a happy birthday! Anyone fell for the surprise here???

Next, I agree with CatSuit and Ponytail. The graphics are great on PC, and (I don't have a PS2 mind you). So I guess PC is my piece of cake.

I also discovered those reflections on water later, much much later on my cousincs PC (that is because of my ancient computer didn't show the option).

I'll definitely buy Legend on PC (even if I get a PS any version), maybe because I'm used to. Ab to aadat si hay mujhko.

Kwazak
26th Sep 2005, 11:07
Some games were just ment for the console, like Morrowind, playing that on the pc was annoying as hell, imposable with the keyboard and even with an xbox controller conected to the pc you couldnt just use the xbox controller (you had to use the keyboard aswell), action games with complicated controlls need the xbox.

Im not saying Morrowind is action genre or anything.