PDA

View Full Version : did anyone actually buy total overdose?

18th Sep 2005, 00:15
Ive been following the progress of total overdose for a while, when it was an SCi game it looked kinda cool in a red dead revolver type way.. now SCi own Eidos its become one of their games, got delayed and stuff and finally came out on friday (in the UK). Every shop seemed to have bought in loads of copies but there is no word of mouth, promotion, marketing, review scores or anything at all about the thing. (I was fishing through all the copies of total overdose trying to find fahrenheit!)

I managed to find a few forum posts somewhere else that said it was an unplayable mess but is this actually true? I dont see how shops would have ordered so many copies considering the lack of promotion? Whats going on?? Is this game acutally any good? Anyone on here bought it?? Whats it like?

sick
18th Sep 2005, 11:34
I haven't seen the game in stores yet. That is, because I haven't been there lately. :D
Anyway, I've posted a review thread with all known reviews for the game (have stickied it.)

ice13
22nd Sep 2005, 01:46
how good is the game? i haven't seen it on tv at all and i haven't seen a lot of reviews for the game either.

Mike_B
22nd Sep 2005, 08:14
how good is the game? i haven't seen it on tv at all and i haven't seen a lot of reviews for the game either.

Try the demo, best way to figure it out :)

I played it and it convinced me to go pick up a copy. As for reviews well there's the review thread and on tv (well here atleast ;) ) they were all positive about the game :thumbsup:

[edit]

Had my brother pick up a copy, game is good it's worth the money.

Gungadin
26th Sep 2005, 22:45
The game is excellent. Extremely intense action from start till finish in every way. It's like GTA 3 and Max Payne combined and evolved. Bullet-time effects have never been so great in a video game.
However, the driving is clunky and hard to control, and the car physics are somewhat shoddy. Good thing you spend more time blasting fools while doing 360 degree backflips and somersaults than driving. :)

Ryan775
1st Oct 2005, 22:46
Yeah , at $39.99 I was scared it might suck , but so far it has been well worth the cash , a few problems here and there , but a very fun game with replay value, pick it up.

And as for the game stores my local gamecrazy only recieved 2 in their shipment glad I got one of them.

Movie-Freak
8th Oct 2005, 18:03
I'd like to offer an opinion, but do to the insane copy protection Eidos has decided to use, I can't even load the game past the launch menu.

Sounds like it's a 50/50 crap shoot wether or not people can actually get the game running.

intrepid_soul
10th Oct 2005, 23:12
(I was fishing through all the copies of total overdose trying to find fahrenheit!)

I asked the local game store what the buzz on the street was the same day i bought Fahrenheit(or as us US people call it, Indigo Prophecy). In my area they said there wasn't much of a buzz.