PDA

View Full Version : New Windows Operating System?

Trinity34
16th Sep 2005, 02:56
When is the new Windows operating system going to be released? Does anyone know if Legend could have problems on it?

GoranAgar
16th Sep 2005, 03:28
When is the new Windows operating system going to be released? Does anyone know if Legend could have problems on it?
Right now you often hear December 2006 as a possible release date. Will it be downward compatible to applications that have not been developed for that particular platform? ... :D

Trinity34
16th Sep 2005, 03:41
Well at least Legend will be released way before it comes out... hopefully. :)

trplayer
16th Sep 2005, 07:06
Why would it matter if Legend was released before or after it came out?

GoranAgar
16th Sep 2005, 07:09
How do you optimize/test an application for an Operating System you don't have real access to?

You don't.

Driber
16th Sep 2005, 09:19

well Trinity34, and all of us, would like to get their hands on it ASAP......because Billy promised us that Vista is going to be secure. And we all believe that, of course!!

Sophia Leigh
16th Sep 2005, 09:22
Don't worry, I'm sure there will eventually be patches we can download :thumbsup:

trplayer
16th Sep 2005, 09:39
How do you optimize/test an application for an Operating System you don't have real access to?

You don't.

That's the problem with it being released before the OS comes out. It would be better to have it released after. Though, these OS's should have REAL compatability with older programs, unlike XP's Compatability settings, which just don't work at all.

Johnny
16th Sep 2005, 13:58
Billy promised us that Vista is going to be secure. And we all believe that, of course!!

How many times has Microsoft used the 's' word? Downloading patch after patch, I've lost count... :rolleyes:

GoranAgar
17th Sep 2005, 08:33
How many times has Microsoft used the 's' word?
While the users used the other 's'-word.

... and I do not mean sword. :D

Johnny
17th Sep 2005, 10:13
While the users used the other 's'-word.

... and I do not mean sword. :D

LOL! Funny... :D

JunoJIm
19th Sep 2005, 23:40
My XP works fine with everything... I think the trick is clean install on all software...

I doubt seriously if I'll buy any new OS before it's out for a few years - LOL I just upgraded from Win98SE a couple months ago...

I'm an engineer - don't ever buy the newest design of anything !!! Look at who's doing all those new designs, all the new engineers, who just got out of college, and still smoke pot - although I still do too... :D

Rose662
20th Sep 2005, 05:51
I'm sticking with my XP, thanks. It *works* for me.

I'm not touching the new OS. Just because it's the new Windows, doesn't mean you must get it. :)

CatSuit&Ponytail
20th Sep 2005, 09:21
I'm not touching the new OS. Just because it's the new Windows, doesn't mean you must get it. :)
Heresy!! :eek: Burn Her!!!!! ;) :D Hehehehe, Rose! Yeah, Windows is in my experience a necessary EVIL. Can't live with it, can't PC game well without it. :rolleyes:

dhama
20th Sep 2005, 13:57
OMG, didn't realise a new OS and a TR game on the same PC could be a possibility :eek: Let's hope at least one of them doesn't have any bugs. :p

tomb_raiding
25th Sep 2005, 23:33
It's probably gonna suck, I've ditched Windows along time ago.

Now I'm using Ubuntu Linux, it's better, more secure and free of charge. :cool:

http://www.ubuntu.com