PDA

View Full Version : Does the BO2 team still work at Crystal?

WraithStar
13th Sep 2005, 15:14
I was just wondering if the BO2 team is still at Crystal. I haven't heard anything about them and I was hoping they are still there. If they are there, what other games have they worked on besides BO2?

Umah Bloodomen
13th Sep 2005, 17:46
I was just wondering if the BO2 team is still at Crystal. I haven't heard anything about them and I was hoping they are still there. If they are there, what other games have they worked on besides BO2?

Members of the various LOK teams have also done work on recent games such as Project Snowblind and Tomb Raider Legend. :)

EDIT: A lot of people (Chris included) do testing for other titles as well. :)

kevork
13th Sep 2005, 23:44
What Umah said. The team responsible for BO2 was also responsible for Project: Snowblind and members of those teams have also worked on a number of other projects including Tomb Raider: Legend.

blincoln
14th Sep 2005, 02:44
Aha! I *thought* Snowblind looked like what I saw during my visit, but it was about two years earlier. Thanks for the confirmation =).

Vampmaster
14th Sep 2005, 14:11
Is Chris still here? It would be nice if he'd at least confirm whether there's still going to be another game. Even if it's not official yet.

Riovanes
14th Sep 2005, 15:31
Don't go looking for confirmation on anything just yet...

Vampmaster
14th Sep 2005, 16:35
(Why? Do you know something? ;))

I know, I know... Everyone has been asking for ages. It's just that he says there will be a game and then promptly dissapears of the face of the Earth for a year or two. I imagine Eidos have either decided against it or are still deciding, but it's better to know, right? It's not like I'm asking for a release date or any details of the game.

Riovanes
14th Sep 2005, 16:53
(Why? Do you know something? ;))

I know, I know... Everyone has been asking for ages. It's just that he says there will be a game and then promptly dissapears of the face of the Earth for a year or two. I imagine Eidos have either decided against it or are still deciding, but it's better to know, right? It's not like I'm asking for a release date or any details of the game.

You have to remember that Chris is a tester for CD and Eidos - he's got a hell of a lot more on his plate than just the LoK series. During beta and final phases of production, your average game crew sees something like 15 hours of sleep in a week if they're lucky - so it could be that he's in crunch for another title and just doesn't have a lot of time to talk.

Besides, would you rather he be silent when there's nothing to report, or that he pull a Peter Molyneux (a la Fable) on you and promise a bunch of dreams that can't possibly be delivered in a final product that will have a six year development cycle that looks more like it took six months?

Just be patient - if it's coming, it's coming.

If not, it was a hell of a ride.

Umah Bloodomen
14th Sep 2005, 17:58
Is Chris still here? It would be nice if he'd at least confirm whether there's still going to be another game. Even if it's not official yet.

Chris is indeed still around and has been quite busy with testing 25 to Life. He did let everyone know that there was a game in the works in 2004 (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=338608&highlight=works#post338608) and left it at that. If/when that changes, I'm sure we'll see it here. Patience is indeed a virtue, you know? ;)

blincoln
14th Sep 2005, 19:26
I'm sure in the wake of the buyout, Eidos has seriously restricted what can be discussed publicly about possible future projects.

I doubt we'll see any official announcements for awhile.