PDA

View Full Version : Country-specific elite units **Spoiler**

La Neige
13th Sep 2005, 01:58
Does anyone happen to know what all the elite units are for neutral countries? So far, I have discovered the Polish Lancers, the Egyptian Mamelukes, the Spanish Guerrillas (this one is ridiculous) and the Portuguese Caçadores. Since it's really hard to keep track of all the structures in every possible province, I'm sure there are some units I have missed, and it would be interesting to know what else is hidden out there.

Wiltshire Tony
13th Sep 2005, 11:38
you need to read the PDF manual

General Cassard
13th Sep 2005, 16:14
That's all the elite units in the game.

Silent_Scope
13th Sep 2005, 20:59
what do you need tyo nuild to get Spanish Guerillas?

hardyea
13th Sep 2005, 22:35
Elite Combat Structer.

Wiltshire Tony
14th Sep 2005, 08:09
That's all the elite units in the game.

Not forgetting the Black Watch and Coldstream Guards of course

General Cassard
14th Sep 2005, 19:12
Not forgetting the Black Watch and Coldstream Guards of course

He's speaking of the special elite units available only in the minor countries, which are the Spanish Guerillas, Portuguese Cacadores, Egyptian Mamelukes, and Polish Lancers.

A n e X i o N
14th Sep 2005, 19:44
Does anyone happen to know what all the elite units are for neutral countries? So far, I have discovered the Polish Lancers, the Egyptian Mamelukes, the Spanish Guerrillas (this one is ridiculous) and the Portuguese Caçadores. Since it's really hard to keep track of all the structures in every possible province, I'm sure there are some units I have missed, and it would be interesting to know what else is hidden out there.

Why the Spanish Guerrillas are ridiculous?

seawolf2004
14th Sep 2005, 20:07
Why the Spanish Guerrillas are ridiculous?

GEEEEEEEEE :rolleyes:

i dont know m8.... :D

K1ler
16th Sep 2005, 08:46
Well do you know what a guerilla is? If so, then this is the reason for them being ridiculous.

efthimios
16th Sep 2005, 10:58
You are not thinking of gorillas, are you?

monkeytart
16th Sep 2005, 12:05
haha that was funny lolz :D
but dude, i mean DUDE, do u even noe wat Guerillas are? they are like partisans! not official soldiers! people put them as the elite unit because they are so popular, but in reality, they werent that strong.

sick
16th Sep 2005, 12:38
All the units in the game are listed on this page (http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/imperialglory/html/info_empires.php). :)

Icanus
16th Sep 2005, 12:45
haha that was funny lolz :D
but dude, i mean DUDE, do u even noe wat Guerillas are? they are like partisans! not official soldiers! people put them as the elite unit because they are so popular, but in reality, they werent that strong.

The spanish Guerillas were very effective at what they did, but that wasn't line-to-line battle, so the in-game unit is unrealistic.

They waged a "hit and run" campaign against the french supply and communications, and were so feared that french messengers in spain were routinely accompanied by a few hundred cavalry for protection.

I suppose they are in the game as an elite unit because, as you say, they are popular, and it was probably considered better than having them not appear at all.

The most realistic way to have them in-game would perhaps be as a "Building" that you constuct in a teritory, which causes a few casualties every turn to all occupying forces, but that wouldn;t give the player the fun of actually using them in battle.

I_Need_Help
17th Sep 2005, 11:31
Is it possible to build these units?

ST0MPA
18th Sep 2005, 06:47
wow i have realised that i havent built the polish lancers yet, oh well any excuse to invade poland :D