PDA

View Full Version : My Texture Mod - Requests anyone???

Colmanian
11th Sep 2005, 23:31
Hi,

I'm making a texture mod for Imperial Glory at the moment but I'd like everyone's requests for new textures to put in the mod.

This is what has been done and tested already:

- 1801 British Flag to all British ground units: This is the current Union Flag as used by the UK since 1801. This isn't historically inaccurate since most of the game is set after 1801 anyway.

- Royal Naval White Ensign on all British Ships: This is the current Royal Navy Flag. It was not the only royal naval flag at the time but was used along with the Red and Blue Ensigns to symbol the 3 main squadrons at the time. Nelson used this flag at the battle of Trafalger. The flag used by british ships in the current game version is totaly innacurate in naval terms.

- Russian Navy Flags: This gives the Russian Sloops and frigates the standard navy flag of the time (white with a blue horisontal cross) it also changes the smaller flags ontop of the mast. I've gave the Russian ships of line a special flag used by only the best russian ships in reality at the time. It is the same as the one described but with a red St.George's Illustration on it.

- New British Rifleman Uniform: This gives them new uniforms, they are vastly the same but all that yellow/brown dirt rubbish has been cleaned off. The trousers have been made a realistic dark blue with a gold stripe down the side. The Jacket is now a nice clean red with a second white leather strap from the other solder as used by the real riflemen. They generally look better, cleaner and more realistic.

- New British Hussar Uniform and Saddle: All British Hussars of the time wore dark pale blue jackets (simmilar to RAF blue) with white trimmings. The saddles were either Red or Blue depepding on their Regiment. This new texture gives red saddled, blue jacketed hussars for Britian. The Saddles have some good looking white Embroyding on them (tricky to make though). The finished item looks simmilar to this picture that I used as a reference for my textures: Hussar (http://www.hz-forum.de/portal/a_seiten/images/Lane/2004_juli/10th%20Hussar%20ready%20023.jpg)

Thats all i've done so far. What else would people like to see? Tell me and i'll probably make it. I like Historical accuracy but if theres enough totaly innacurate reqests i might make an alternate mod as well as the historic one for you.

Cheers :thumbsup:,

Ian (UK)

Sir Crow
12th Sep 2005, 00:09
Sounds good m8, only thing I can think of and would like is for those orange circles on the troops feet to be removed, like the gren triangles were in RTW.

ST0MPA
12th Sep 2005, 10:05
if that picture of the hussar is of the skin you made, then m8 your freaking LEGEND :eek: :thumbsup:

we had someone awhile back ask for a new french flag with the colours in the corners, i cant remember the link, but he had pictures from a movie, it also had elaberate gold embroding, about the regiment it honoured.

there is a similiar one on the spanish website, but it is a tri colour and this one had the colours in the opposing corners.

btw good luck with cricket :D

Mike_B
12th Sep 2005, 11:28
Looking good, you might want to check out our downloads database (http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/commandos/scripts/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=1) to see which skins are already be done.

Colmanian
12th Sep 2005, 11:57
Wow, thanks for all your support guys :thumbsup:. Unfortunatley that picture link is just of a moddle I used as reference, its not a screenshot from the actuall game, i'll get some screens of what I have done posted if you like. Annother thing worth mentioning is that I am quite a novis to the modding world and my skills only reach as far as modifying textures unfortunatley :( .

The French Flag mod sounds like it could be worth doing, i'll look into that one. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the orange circles on the troops feet, so if you could elaborate a little that would be much apriciated. I didn't know about the teture mods that have already been done so thanks for that link.

By the way, thanks for the luck with the cricket :)

Ian

ST0MPA
16th Sep 2005, 09:12
hey well done on the cricket, excellent game to watch, did you get the flag under way, i beleive a fella called french emperor or something is the one to see about this flag, he has all the details, and i would love to see it come together.

found the link to the thread http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=51809

his post starts at the bottom of page 1, but you might find interesting things there from the start too :thumbsup:

LasseG1
17th Sep 2005, 17:40
Fun to hear about it....I have a quite large request....I'am swedish and wonder if you could make an accurate skin for the swedes,in the game they are orange,they should be blue and yellow...use the adorable unionflag(which can be seen when swedens turn is simulating).best of all would be if you made it playable.

britishjohn
17th Sep 2005, 19:24
Hi,

I'm making a texture mod for Imperial Glory at the moment but I'd like everyone's requests for new textures to put in the mod.

This is what has been done and tested already:

- 1801 British Flag to all British ground units: This is the current Union Flag as used by the UK since 1801. This isn't historically inaccurate since most of the game is set after 1801 anyway.

- Royal Naval White Ensign on all British Ships: This is the current Royal Navy Flag. It was not the only royal naval flag at the time but was used along with the Red and Blue Ensigns to symbol the 3 main squadrons at the time. Nelson used this flag at the battle of Trafalger. The flag used by british ships in the current game version is totaly innacurate in naval terms.

- Russian Navy Flags: This gives the Russian Sloops and frigates the standard navy flag of the time (white with a blue horisontal cross) it also changes the smaller flags ontop of the mast. I've gave the Russian ships of line a special flag used by only the best russian ships in reality at the time. It is the same as the one described but with a red St.George's Illustration on it.

- New British Rifleman Uniform: This gives them new uniforms, they are vastly the same but all that yellow/brown dirt rubbish has been cleaned off. The trousers have been made a realistic dark blue with a gold stripe down the side. The Jacket is now a nice clean red with a second white leather strap from the other solder as used by the real riflemen. They generally look better, cleaner and more realistic.

- New British Hussar Uniform and Saddle: All British Hussars of the time wore dark pale blue jackets (simmilar to RAF blue) with white trimmings. The saddles were either Red or Blue depepding on their Regiment. This new texture gives red saddled, blue jacketed hussars for Britian. The Saddles have some good looking white Embroyding on them (tricky to make though). The finished item looks simmilar to this picture that I used as a reference for my textures: Hussar (http://www.hz-forum.de/portal/a_seiten/images/Lane/2004_juli/10th%20Hussar%20ready%20023.jpg)

Thats all i've done so far. What else would people like to see? Tell me and i'll probably make it. I like Historical accuracy but if theres enough totaly innacurate reqests i might make an alternate mod as well as the historic one for you.

Cheers :thumbsup:,

Ian (UK)

When will we be able to get these Mod files and where from?

ST0MPA
18th Sep 2005, 07:13
all them navy ones have been out a while from other people, some are on the spanish site, the spanish ones are easy to install even if the readme is...
you guessed it,
spanish.,

Sir Crow
26th Sep 2005, 16:14
The orange circles appear when you select an unit and they appear on each individuals feet, I hate them with a passion, lol. Like the green triangles in RTW but they were removed simply by altering one word in a .txt file.

ST0MPA
1st Oct 2005, 06:45
Hi How are your skins going m8. i was hoping you weould release your Hussar skin, intrested to see the intricate saddle work :thumbsup: