PDA

View Full Version : Windows 64 support...

Jimi-101
7th Sep 2005, 15:58
Hey guys,

I bought Lego Starwars a couple of days ago but I'm unable to install it on Windows 64. Is there a fix for this cause I really want to play this game as a lot of people said it's pretty good.

Jimi-101
7th Sep 2005, 22:46
So is there no fix for this at all?

Jimi-101
10th Sep 2005, 18:34
God damn, this is a good support forum init. *Rolls eyes*

Don't know why I even bothered.

bond_bbs
19th Oct 2005, 02:15
You're not the only one man. Im running Server 2003, and cant get this installed. And boy is it a piss off.

intrepid_soul
26th Oct 2005, 22:47
I understand the frustration everyone is having, this game was in test and was deigned prior to the 64 bit version of Windows being out. As the requirements state XP with no mention of the 64 bit version,, I can only assume there are not alot of people who have tried tinkering with this game on 64 bit. As a member of support I can recommend updating drivers, such as video and sound. I can also recommend trying compatibility mode, that has worked for a few users.

lytic
15th Jan 2006, 06:33
I understand the frustration everyone is having, this game was in test and was deigned prior to the 64 bit version of Windows being out. As the requirements state XP with no mention of the 64 bit version,, I can only assume there are not alot of people who have tried tinkering with this game on 64 bit. As a member of support I can recommend updating drivers, such as video and sound. I can also recommend trying compatibility mode, that has worked for a few users.

I read elsewhere on the web that you have to copy the entire contents of the CD to your hard drive, then edit the msi install file and run it from that. I tried to download it from the link, but it looks like someone had moved it. If it's that simple, Eidos should allow people to trade in their disk for an updated version. You can't patch a CD... ya know?
http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t7272.html

Please support the 64 bit OSes Eidos.

lytic
15th Jan 2006, 07:52
Oh nevermind, I figured it out myself.
- Copy the entire disk to your hard drive.
- Install Orca from microsoft.com and open the lego star wars.msi, go to LaunchConditions and just remove the one line in there.
- Save it and install.

If you don't think you can do that, email me Gargan at lyticsystems.com and I'll send you my MSI file.

intrepid_soul
15th Jan 2006, 11:26
Oh nevermind, I figured it out myself.
- Copy the entire disk to your hard drive.
- Install Orca from microsoft.com and open the lego star wars.msi, go to LaunchConditions and just remove the one line in there.
- Save it and install.

If you don't think you can do that, email me Gargan at lyticsystems.com and I'll send you my MSI file.

So you sucessfully got it to load in XP 64? Everything works ok? I will be crediting both you and the previous post with this information, and will put up a faq so we can get this information out.

intrepid_soul
15th Jan 2006, 12:07
Please support the 64 bit OSes Eidos.

Well I just read an article that Half Life 2 just now put out a 64 patch. So you never know, as Lego Star Wars is still selling, hopefully we will see something, the information in this thread looks promising.

lytic
19th Jan 2006, 05:01
So you sucessfully got it to load in XP 64? Everything works ok? I will be crediting both you and the previous post with this information, and will put up a faq so we can get this information out.

Yes, in fact someone emailed me last night and asked me for my MSI. He tried today and it worked good with him as well. If you want, I can forward that MSI to you as well. Maybe you can upload it to the server or something that people can just download directly from you. You have my email address if you want to contact me.

The 64-bit patch for HL2 is a post install patch. Steam looks at your OS when you open it, if you have x64 installed it will install a patch for HL2 and Lost Coast the next time you start those games that allows it to take advantage of of the 64-bit platform. They are working on patching the other source games. I haven't noticed any performance increase from the 64-bit patch, but it's a good start.

gustavgMCSD
19th Apr 2006, 00:06
I just want to add that ORCA application is not installed when you download& install the Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 SP1 package from Microsoft, when you install this one an applications called ORCA is deployed on that directory where the SDK was installed, so you have to run the Orca installer to install ORCA, next, after you installed Orca and opened the Lego Star Wars MSI, it's simpler to remove (drop)the table containing the Condition Installer rather than rewrite the condition itself.:thumbsup:

lytic
24th Apr 2006, 08:38
intrepid, I'm still getting emails for my MSI file. I don't mind helping people play this wonderful game at all, but I thought you were going to add my file to the FAQ/Tech Support page with a download to my MSI file on your server?
It's not a big deal really... I was just wondering.

Total people helped so far (that I know): 18 people

lytic
22nd Jul 2008, 00:27
I wanted to resurrect this thread, because I believe I have helped my 100th customer yesterday, 20 July 2008, nearly 2.5 years after finding the fix. Still hoping that Eidos will upload my MSI to their server (or start paying me for support! :rasp:).

lytic
30th Sep 2008, 10:43
Still waiting on my first paycheck...