PDA

View Full Version : Help Plz!

J11
7th Sep 2005, 11:06
I just got Imperial Glory today i did everything ok then after it was done and i tryed to go play it, it say's "The application cant be initialized". Can anyone help?

lipton
7th Sep 2005, 15:05
reinstall ?

Godkin
8th Sep 2005, 02:43
upgrade to 1.1 version where this has been fixed already

J11
8th Sep 2005, 02:58
How do you upgrade to 1.1. And what is 1.1?.

Godkin
8th Sep 2005, 03:55
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=52733

J11
8th Sep 2005, 07:33
That still did not work it says "IMPERIALGLORY.exe-Unable To Locate Component"> Then under that it say's "This application has failed to start because binkw32.dll was not found re-installing the application may fix this problem" Then when i installing the game and try to play it it says the same thing "The application cant be initialized". What's going on anyone help again? lol.

Godkin
8th Sep 2005, 09:00
m8 you really got me here, ask another :o

update your Card driver

J11
8th Sep 2005, 10:14
LoL I just seen in one of the other post's that i need to get graphics cards to play this game? where do i download them from?. And why do i need to get them for this game and none of the other games Need's it?

Mike_B
8th Sep 2005, 10:56
The application cant be initialized

Could you look up via dxdiag (start/run/dxdiag) what kind of graphic card you have (under the display tab, above left). This problem was fixed with the patch so it's strange that you still get that error.

J11
8th Sep 2005, 11:15
Ok i went to "Display"

Under "Device" There's

Name:
Manufacturer:
chip type:
Dac type:
approx.Total Memory:
Current display mode:
Monitor:

Under "DirectX features"

Directdraw acceleration:
Direct3D acceleration:
AGP Texture acceleration:

Under "Drivers"

Main driver:
Version:
Date:
WHQL logo'd:
Mini vdd:
VDD:
DDI Version:

What one you want to know about On that list?

I think you want me to look in "system" right?.. then i

see "DxDadiag"#.##.####.#### unicode
^^^^^^^^^^^
((Numbers here just dont want to show them))

Mike_B
8th Sep 2005, 13:23
Ok i went to "Display"

Under "Device" There's

Name:
Manufacturer:
chip type:

Those should give enough information. Not entirely sure I can help but I'm sure someone else will be able to.

J11
8th Sep 2005, 13:33
how do you install the patch? i do it like this i save it somewhere then i go to where i saved it then unzip it. out of all them name's i just gived you there's not one of them can tell what graphic card i got i just click on one of them and they will tell me just dont know what one. 60$ for a game that cant play thats fun. what website can i go to get graphic card to play this game?.

Will i seen in other post that if i seen something that says "The application cant be initialized" that means my graphic card is no good i think so i'm going out geting a new one. because no matter what my graphic is now its not playing it so going to get new one, can anyone tell me the "right" way to install it?.

Mike_B
8th Sep 2005, 14:41
how do you install the patch? i do it like this i save it somewhere then i go to where i saved it then unzip it.

Download the file here (http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/commandos/scripts/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=67) unzip it and double click it for it to install.

out of all them name's i just gived you there's not one of them can tell what graphic card i got i just click on one of them and they will tell me just dont know what one.

Look at the red box on the screen here (http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/commandos/scripts/Staff/uploads/gfxcard.jpg)

Will i seen in other post that if i seen something that says "The application cant be initialized" that means my graphic card is no good i think so i'm going out geting a new one.

True but the patch fixed the issue so you should be able to use your graphic card after all. Give the patch another try.

J11
9th Sep 2005, 03:28
Ok the first 3 is

Name:Intel(R)82845G/LG/GE/PE/GV

Manufacturer:Intel corporation

Chip Type:Intel(R)82845G Graphics controller

I hope that tell's you what your looking for!..

J11
9th Sep 2005, 03:39
Ok i just done saveing the patch to "MY DOCUMENTS" then i unzip it then another folder comes up with the game icon in it. How do i instal it? after i unzip it.

Sorry i'm just a noob at computer stuff like this?lol

J11
9th Sep 2005, 05:15
Ok i got the game to work after 3 days of working on it. Thank you guys for all your help!.