PDA

View Full Version : psyched!!!

Gabriel Edson
3rd Sep 2005, 00:33
i brought my old unplayed games to ebgames at the local mall tonight. there were only like 12 or so, no big titles (except DMC 1&2 and Driv3r), and a couple dvd's as well; all in all, it added up to $25 credit, and because of the deal they have going on right now, i ended up getting like $57 credit (i think they double it or something if you bring in a minimum value trade-in). i also bought this little discount card thing they have, for discounts on pre-played games.

i bought God of War and Destroy All Humans (pre-played), both of which listed for $45, for just $34 total!!!

now theres nothing to do but decide which to play first... :D

<runs to bathroom>

rabban
3rd Sep 2005, 01:11
that's cool once i got rid of so much old stuff i had enough to buy a next gen system...but i hated xbox with a passion...i sorta still do.

i still can't get rid of enter the matrix though lol...btw god of war you are gonna love and David Duchovny and Marilyn Manson are in the game...sounds interesting from the word go!

Gabriel Edson
3rd Sep 2005, 02:51
didnt know d duchovny and manson were in GOW, that certainly spikes its interest for me. i cant wait to play it as it is. unfortunately i have to work in the morning so ill have to put it off till tomorrow afternoon/evening.

destroy all humans isnt exactly what i expected, but its still fun. if anyone here plays it, who has played GTA:VC, theyll recognize some similar elements immediately. im disappointed by the AI in the game, but the graphics are cool and its just fun to fry humans and blow up buildings and vehicles. i may lose interest in the game however if it doesnt offer something more soon.

but hey ive still got GOW to fall back on, ive heard nothing except its awesome from anyone whos played it.

rabban
3rd Sep 2005, 06:15
erm..typo....Destroy All Humans...not GOW...but linda hunt, Claudia Black and Terrence 'T.C.' Carson are in gow...sry dude...and yes gow is the best there is...every person who has played it neasures other games by how good it is in comparison to gow now.

Gabriel Edson
3rd Sep 2005, 17:07
nope, just looked at the VO credits and no manson or duchovny listed. must be just a rumor.

hmm, i havent seen anything with linda hunt since T2, i wondered what she was doing these days. VO's for videogames, perhaps.

unimatrix2612
3rd Sep 2005, 19:27
Destroy all Humans was funny initially - but after hearing the same thought from the cop looking for a cowboy, an indian, and a construction worker for the umpteenth time, I just put the game down and started Defiance again. :D

<runs to bathroom> ookaaay. . . *unimatrix2612 edges away slowly* ;) :p

Gabriel Edson
3rd Sep 2005, 21:57
im still having fun with it. but i think im going to start renting games before i buy them.

going to play this a while longer... and then... GoW... :D

Gabriel Edson
4th Sep 2005, 21:33
WOW.

thats all im going to say; im sure everything else has been said already.

rabban
4th Sep 2005, 22:07
ummm...when i said typo i mean to say that Manson and duchovny are in destroy all humans and linda hunt is the old lady that won an oscar (or at least a nomination) for playing a male pimp in year of the dragon.

your thinking linda hamilton.

Claudia Black is aeryn sun in farscape

and T.C. Carson...well you might recognize him if you looked for him.

Gabriel Edson
5th Sep 2005, 01:32
@ rabban: i understood what you meant. i looked up the VO credits in DAH and no manson or duchovny.

my bad with hunt/hamilton... <coughcough'duh'smileycoughcough> when i think linda hunt twister is the first (actually the only) movie that pops into my head. but i know ive seen her in other movies. as for the other two, never heard of 'em.

rabban
5th Sep 2005, 01:55
:eek: ...twice...linda hunt not helen hunt!..linda hunt is a old woman with a gravely voice...you may recognize her if you saw her but i doubt it...she is not that well known...imagine a short female leonard nimoy and you will get the picture.

Gabriel Edson
5th Sep 2005, 03:41
:eek: LOL. :D

well, then, i have absolutely no idea who any of those people you mentioned are. sorry it took 2 days to establish that. :p :D

rabban
5th Sep 2005, 04:35
well... :p david duchovny is the guy who played mulder in x-files and manson is the singer with the devil fetish.

Gabriel Edson
5th Sep 2005, 12:36
:p AAAARGH I KNOW WHO MANSON AND DUCHOVNY ARE!!! lol... :D

but the other three... nope. :)

rabban
5th Sep 2005, 19:13
ever see the 1980's version of dune?

Gabriel Edson
5th Sep 2005, 19:38
ive seen the one with patrick stewart. is that the one youre talking about? probably a waste of time to point out anyone in that movie... its been YEARS since ive seen it. id just go over to imdb.com and look it up, if i wasnt so lazy. you have to type it in, then click a button, then click a link... sheesh. so much work. :p :D

beat GoW a couple hours ago. mustering up my nerve to go for God Mode.

rabban
5th Sep 2005, 20:43
well if it's any help linda hunt was the short lady who died right before the dad got captured...

btw....loved the fight with the big minotaur!!!!

linda hunt is the narrator of the gow game..."ten years of suffering...etc."

tc carson is kratos.

claudia black is the godess who gave you the big blue sword.

Gabriel Edson
5th Sep 2005, 23:02
oooh ok i know who youre talking about.

yeah, that was an awesome fight.

i think my favorite was the first big fight against the hydra, though.

im going to play through again sometime, just to see how that fight compares to the others in the game.

some of those puzzles were just... genious... that game is a work of art.

[edit] just did an image search on t.c. carson and claudia black. nope, dont recognize either of them. :p

rabban
5th Sep 2005, 23:17
it's kinda funny cause t.c. carson is usually playing the scared black guy in movies....funny how all that pint up frustration can lead to a malevolent anti hero like kratos...i still like the minotaur one better...but of course the ending battle is the best.

Apocrypha Roxy
6th Sep 2005, 17:33
beat GoW a couple hours ago. mustering up my nerve to go for God Mode.

Play Challenge of the Gods. Play it before God Mode.
Prepare to be fustrated.
Prepare to play it for hours at a time, perhaps an entire weekend before you beat it. Note that you cannot save your progress.
When you beat it, you can take on God Mode.
Cause I'll be darned if that wasn't the hardest thing I've ever done in a videogame.
It's worth it, though. ;)

Gabriel Edson
6th Sep 2005, 21:54
i made it up to level 4 in challenge of the gods. i dont even remember what you were supposed to do, i just remember getting angry enough at it to throw the controller at the tv, so i stopped before i actually did it.

Apocrypha Roxy
8th Sep 2005, 01:50
Hehehehe... I did it.

A girl did it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Just kidding. Anyone can do it. :cool:

Level 6 is where the pain starts to kick in. 8 is worse. 10 is complete Heck. But you'll love yourself a little more when you beat it (Finally).
Pick up the controller again, give 'er another whirl. Think of it as a test of endurance - plus, you can pause whenever you need to take a break.
Prepare to pause often.
There is also no shame in looking at a strategy or two. No shame at all. (http://stuckgamer.com/gui_god_of_war_02.shtml)

garbagefanuk
10th Sep 2005, 18:57
I got to Challenge 9 on GoW then got bored. I'm half way through Pandora's Temple again on God Mode.

Gabriel Edson
10th Sep 2005, 21:56
Hehehehe... I did it.

A girl did it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Just kidding. Anyone can do it. :cool:

Level 6 is where the pain starts to kick in. 8 is worse. 10 is complete Heck. But you'll love yourself a little more when you beat it (Finally).
Pick up the controller again, give 'er another whirl. Think of it as a test of endurance - plus, you can pause whenever you need to take a break.
Prepare to pause often.
There is also no shame in looking at a strategy or two. No shame at all. (http://stuckgamer.com/gui_god_of_war_02.shtml)
i may end up doing that tomorrow, if i decide not to go to work (nice having the decision left to me for once).

right now im trying to decide whether to go to the movies and see the possession of emily rose (i think thats the title) or rent sin city.

@garbagefanuk: sweet. im curious, how does god mode effect the gameplay? enemies do more damage while you do less, etc.? give me a little warning before i dive in. ;)

welcome back, by the way; where have you been hiding?