PDA

View Full Version : A major step to edit millitia

Godkin
2nd Sep 2005, 12:05
I have been trying to do away with millitia but in vain, so it occurred to me why not replace it with some other more decent battalion like lineinf, and to my great disappointment, after many trial-error i just brought out piles of millitia in lineinf 's clothes who refuse to stand in double line and do the firing things let alone forming square. And guess what I just succeeded in putting hussar in the place of millitia and they've done a great job with 36 men 27 attack and 20 deffence. I set the value deliberately half the hussar's in order to keep the newly-born star from becoming too strong for fear that it may tip the balance and ruin the gameplay :eek: .

Icanus
2nd Sep 2005, 13:57
I think the problem with replacing militia with ranged infantry is that there are variables controlling what actions a unit can perform (formations, whether it can shoot, whether it can enter/leave buildings etc).

I removed these variables from the editor as they were causing errors in campaign play when they were re-imported, so even if you give militia the model, animations and stats of line inf, they still have the default set of actions for militia.

I'm now a bit closer to understanding how the actions variables work, and hopefully will be able to get them back into the editor soon. (In the meantime if you fancy getting in there with a hex editor I can give you some more info that might help achieve what you want to do)

The main issue is obviously not to make whatever you replace them with too powerful, since in campaign every nations will churn them out like cray near the beginning.

Godkin
3rd Sep 2005, 00:38
I'm now a bit closer to understanding how the actions variables work, and hopefully will be able to get them back into the editor soon. (In the meantime if you fancy getting in there with a hex editor I can give you some more info that might help achieve what you want to do).

Pity I know nothing about hex editor :( .All I can do is make some changes on your new findings to my own taste, but what you just said really cheers me up :thumbsup: , and I can wait.

Keep up good work!