PDA

View Full Version : headsets

GoodieBags
2nd Sep 2005, 08:54
just wordering if u use headsets online 2 talk 2 other players

RedSector
2nd Sep 2005, 16:23
just wordering if u use headsets online 2 talk 2 other players
Of course. What modern online game doens't support a headset?

GoodieBags
2nd Sep 2005, 18:06
MC3 dont have headsets u have 2 use a KB

RedSector
2nd Sep 2005, 18:19
Most online shooters use headsets.

J-Hood
2nd Sep 2005, 18:58
Yes you can use headsets its stated in faqs.

LILhOMie14
7th Sep 2005, 22:18
i hope they use a button 2 talk cuz i don wanna hear ppl breath and cough and sum kid dats goin thru puberty cuz they is annoyn :D

J-Hood
7th Sep 2005, 22:57
Yeah you gotta press a button unlike madden.

LILhOMie14
7th Sep 2005, 23:55
ty 4 da info ps2 or xbox or pc?

J-Hood
8th Sep 2005, 00:15
Most likely for all but I tried on the PS2.

LILhOMie14
8th Sep 2005, 00:54
wat u playn on?? lol :D

TracK*
9th Sep 2005, 11:09
Hey how did the headset quality sound on the beta?

RedSector
9th Sep 2005, 13:57
Better than SOCOM 3 in my opinion.

TracK*
10th Sep 2005, 13:33
Better than SOCOM 3 in my opinion.
Was this an answer to my question? :confused:

marker227
10th Sep 2005, 18:47
Was this an answer to my question? :confused:

Yes. He said that it's better than Socom 3 so then it's going to be good.

J-Hood
10th Sep 2005, 19:34
Cant really determine that since the s3 is just a beta. 25tl's BETA I personally think the quality was horrible even the message boards was saying it and alot of people reported it but I guess Red was having better luck then me. I feel a lil opposite cuz I thought s3's was much better. Accept that dumb glitch that still lives on when your mic gets cancelled out for the whole game. But thats just from my expirence.

TracK*
11th Sep 2005, 02:49
I didn't test 25tL but I did test SOCOM 3. S3 was a pretty bad beta too. But like I said earlier, the betas can be as bad as they want as long as they are not like the final product in october.

Baby_Gangsta
19th Sep 2005, 04:56
Of course. What modern online game doens't support a headset?

resident evil outbreak

marker227
26th Oct 2005, 10:41
resident evil outbreak

Is that an online shooter? I thought it was like an RPG or something.

REC0
7th Dec 2005, 12:40
Yeah and it stinks RE outbreak blows, When 25 to life finally comes out, do yourself a favor and play it on the XBOX cause ps2 online stinks, finally a game that could be as good as Socom and available on the best online console *THE XBOX* I just hope the game doesn't suffer from cheaters,glitchers and people who use turbos, i know it's an impossible dream but maybe 1 day..... :thumbsup:

TracK*
7th Dec 2005, 17:09
Yeah and it stinks RE outbreak blows, When 25 to life finally comes out, do yourself a favor and play it on the XBOX cause ps2 online stinks, finally a game that could be as good as Socom and available on the best online console *THE XBOX* I just hope the game doesn't suffer from cheaters,glitchers and people who use turbos, i know it's an impossible dream but maybe 1 day..... :thumbsup:
RIiiiighht.....

marker227
7th Dec 2005, 21:11
Ok, but thats an opinion (even though i'm getting it on xbox).

I do have to say that I enjoy the PS2 controller setup more.

REC0
7th Dec 2005, 23:45
Hey I have both BOX and PS2 and come on if it's out for both you know it 's better on the BOX especially if it's online, I started online gaming with Socom 1 and it was amazing and still could be, but after gaming online with LIVE you see why paying for the service is worth every penny. Also, I hope they have open chat because pushing a button to talk is what ruins Socom. Just have different channels to talk on,Ghost Recon 2 works perfectly fine with open chat, also I want to be able to host game rooms so I can control who plays and who goes.I got socom 3 and they whole interface online is so in the dark ages. you can't even invite friends off your list to join your game(PATHETIC). and there is already cheaters of course.Anyways i just hope 25 to life is as good as it looks after waiting 6 months for its release...

REC0
7th Dec 2005, 23:53
Ohhh I forgot to answer you, yes it's my opinion and it's also a fact LIVE has far far less lag and is so much more user friendly.

marker227
8th Dec 2005, 00:06
I never really knew that Xbox had less lag then PS2. I guess I didn't notice.

REC0
8th Dec 2005, 00:26
what do you mean you never noticed,when's the last time you got booted of of the socom server (everytime you play) I never lose my headset capability on LIVE it always goes out on Socom,and when I pick my gun in Ghost Recon or any other shooter on LIVE i get to use it not some default setting glitch. Sony or the game publishers don't care how the games run online unless it's something like Final fantasy where you have to pay 2 play online they have the capabilities to patch glitches but it takes a total public outcry to get them to actually do it.Live does automatic updates fairly quickly,We pay these companies alot of money to play the games they make and I find lately they have been just pumping out garbage games that should be ten bucks not fifty and they need to do a little more quality control and debug the games before releasing them to the public.

marker227
8th Dec 2005, 00:28
I really don't recall getting booted from socom because of lag. I know I couldn't get into a room a few times, but that was very rare for me at least.

I do agree that the XBox's Live is very decent and superior then the PS2.

What I do like on the PS2 is that you can have different game tags for each different game.

REC0
8th Dec 2005, 00:37
Hey do you know why 25TL is delayed for so long,was it political or are they just putting it all together and taking thier time on it whats the deal. Me and about ten of my LIVE buddies have been waiting on this sucka for months,btw you look pretty dedicated to this game!!

marker227
8th Dec 2005, 00:50
Thanks. And welcome to the forums! :)

The release date was changed because one of the head guys in the team to produce the game was switched. The new one realized how much work still needed to be done and thats why the release date was changed.

REC0
8th Dec 2005, 01:53
Is it slated for Jan release still?? I have waited for a good 3rd person shooter for the Xbox for a long time. Ghost Recon 2 or summitstrike are good but they don't have the feel that Socom does and I hope this plays like socom but feels like grand theft auto...

marker227
8th Dec 2005, 01:56
I feel the same way. Ghost Recon was not impressive to me very much.

Yes this is coming out January 18th.

REC0
8th Dec 2005, 02:40
what do you play on LIVE???

marker227
8th Dec 2005, 03:31
Live refers to playing online, since thats what you have to use in order to do so.

http://www.playfeed.com/blogimages/xbox-live.jpg

Maybe its because I didn't spell it like "LIVE" which confused you.

REC0
8th Dec 2005, 22:47
Noooooo what games do you play on XBOX LIVE???????

marker227
9th Dec 2005, 00:24
I play Halo 2, mostly because I don't have any other games that are any good. I do have Ghost Recon 2 and DDR but I hardly play them online.

slimSiN
3rd Jan 2006, 22:53
Also, I hope they have open chat because pushing a button to talk is what ruins Socom.
lol. no.

socom is fine with pressing circle to talk. i don't see how that "ruins it" (if anything, ghilli suits and the high scope ruined socom). i hope talking is like socom.

marker227
4th Jan 2006, 03:01
I highly doubt that it will be open mic chat.

J-Hood
4th Jan 2006, 19:10
I hope "open mic" is an option because thatd be nice but somtimes I dont always want it open.

Brownchikano
5th Jan 2006, 18:42
Headset is a MUST!

Headsets will make the game much more fun.

marker227
5th Jan 2006, 20:59
It said it does support it, so there isn't a problem here :).

Brownchikano
5th Jan 2006, 21:04
Yea i know. For those that dont have one already you must buy one to really enjoy online.