PDA

View Full Version : Can all the modders get together....

Irish2
1st Sep 2005, 14:22
To make the ultimate mod? It would be great if you guys could organize a team and release 1 great mod for the community including the skin pack into 1 download. Keep up the great work.

ST0MPA
3rd Sep 2005, 06:26
i have compiled most of the mods into one easy to execute winrar file, it has all the flags, sounds, and most skinmods, martins 95th, Berdans skins, pretty much all of officerpuppys stuff, if you want it let me know,

I might just make a credits readme file. so everyone knows who,s done all the hard work:thumbsup:

ytareh
3rd Sep 2005, 09:13
Do they all just unzip at once to IG program files?That would be handy.SOmeone suggested earlier that there might be incompatibility between Icanus work and these....Any news on that?Ive got many changes made with the Icanus and Godkin work/research,Id like the skins etc but dont want to risk messing up anything else.I havent even applied the patch for that reason...what does it do but allow speed changes and stop narrator?If I apply the patch it will reverse all my stat changes wont it?What about these skin etc packs?

ST0MPA
4th Sep 2005, 03:50
i havent had any problems with Changed .dt files. all you do is put it into the IG folder and select "extract here" and it places the files in the appropiate folders, i did it becouse a mate i play on lan with is always formating or doing things to his puter and it was taking to long to put them in seperatly all the time, so i compiled them all into one to save time. i also got the patch to work in the same execution, you have to already have the data.pak already unpacked for this to work of course.

I_Need_Help
4th Sep 2005, 19:19
To get it to work you download it i know that but how do you unzip it?

ST0MPA
5th Sep 2005, 02:01
you would have to prepare the directory first, (IG).

open pyro/imperialglory and if you only have two folders Audio, Video. you need to reveal the packed folders, you do this by using Winrar to open two files, data.pak, text.pak.if you do not have winrar, rename data.pak to data.zip, and change text.pak to text.zip. This will run the zip wizard that will unzip the files revealing the folders. then once both files (data.pak and text.pak) have had their folders extracted, you can now remove the data and text.pak files, or rename them to data.pak.bak and text.pak.bak.

now that you have the folders in the imperial glory directory you can place the Mod compile file into the pyros folder wich contains the Imperial Glory folder and right click, select "extract here" it should place all the files into their proper folders. it will also update version 1.0 to 1.1.

so far its about 29mb, im updateing it as soon as Good mods are released, it was made more for a personnel thing , but i would email it to anyone who would like it. :thumbsup , if you have concerns about your DT file, make a copy before you run the mod compile, then the 1.1 update wont replace the DT file. you could have the mod compile without the 1.1 update, then there wouldnt be an issue with the DT file