PDA

View Full Version : Historically accurate skin pack

GeraldDuval
31st Aug 2005, 21:51
I've started making a skin pack for IG that is as historically accurate as i can make it. I've mostly made non-player nation skins because they are the worst looking. So far here is my progress:

French:
Red Lancers
1806 Fusiliers
1806 Voltigeurs de ligne

Spanish:
Regiment de la princesse grenadiers

Portugese:
8th Cacadores

Batavia:
Dragoon

Saxony:
Fusiliers
Jagers

Poland:
Legion Vistabule

Denmark:
Schleswig Regiment
Fionie Regiment Grenadier
Jutland Dragoon
Light Infantry

As you can see Denmark is almost done, so i'll try to release that soon. The others i will get to as soon as I can. (college is very time consuming)

For a refrence I have been using this site (http://www.grosser-generalstab.de/lh/lh.html)

If anyone has and suggestions for particular regiments and such let me know. As for the playable nations, After i'm done france I'll see what i can do with the rest (especially england...Why is the whole army wearing skirmisher wings?!)

Irish2
1st Sep 2005, 14:19
This skinpack sounds great, keep up the good work!

Wilden
1st Sep 2005, 16:08
Could you possibly do a skin of the Prince of Wales Own Voulenteers? Just for us Sharpe fans, it would be greately appreciated.

officerpuppy
2nd Sep 2005, 01:46
Good luck with your work, I would love to see a change in the neutral countries uniforms, add some more life into them.

ST0MPA
2nd Sep 2005, 16:18
Good luck with your work, I would love to see a change in the neutral countries uniforms, add some more life into them.

absoloutly :thumbsup:

lipton
2nd Sep 2005, 16:47
im a Guy from Denmark and i just love that you've decided to actually put Danish soldiers in the skin pack.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

isn't there a mod to play as Denmark ??

ytareh
2nd Sep 2005, 17:59
Plenty of Danes in the Napoleonic Total War mod for Medieval Total War-not to mention in the Viking Invasion expansion!!!!!!

lipton
2nd Sep 2005, 22:47
so...where do i download these mods ?

and when's the skin pack done?? cant wait :D

ytareh
3rd Sep 2005, 09:21
TO play the "Napoleonic Total War" mod of Medieval Total War you need the MTW game AND Viking Invasion expansion pack.The NTW mod itself can be downloaded free(its about 65Mb with a 5Mb update)You also need a patch (small again, 5-10Mb)for the Viking Invasion game.Now this game is NOT going to make you think it is much better than IG (graphics miles/kilometres(!) behind )BUT you can use more infantry and there are DANISH units in the default set.OK Lipton!?PS I made a little joke earlier about there being Danish soldiers in the Viking Invasion expansion .Were the some Viking warriors actually from Denmark or were they all from Norway/Sweden?(I know denmark is in Scandinavia....)

lipton
3rd Sep 2005, 13:30
well there were wikings in sweden and maybe some in Norway
but wikings mainly came from Denmark

ps. i dont remember seeing those expansions on the shelves

Hengist_Sharpe
3rd Sep 2005, 19:25
Could you possibly do a skin of the Prince of Wales Own Voulenteers? Just for us Sharpe fans, it would be greately appreciated.
You also forgot to mention the South Essex.

Icanus
3rd Sep 2005, 20:01
Prince of Wales' Own Volunteers = South Essex.

They get renamed in "Sharpe's Regiment".

GeraldDuval
3rd Sep 2005, 20:40
As big of a sharpe fan as i am, The south essex did not exist. However I havn't chosen what regiment with represent brit line infantry. I may do one with yellow facings.

Btw, i just finished sharpe's prey, thus the danish pack was first. I'll get to spain and pourtugal soon enough.

I_Need_Help
3rd Sep 2005, 22:18
Couldnt you make several I can get some names for you and probably what there uniforms looked like.