PDA

View Full Version : Test to see if your system can handle Lego Star Wars

intrepid_soul
29th Aug 2005, 21:37
If you go to the Lego Star Wars page at game spy:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/lego-star-wars/

There is a link that says "Can my PC run this game" if you click on it there is a quick system check that it does to try to determine if you can run Lego Star Wars. As this is not an Eidos tool, I cannot guarentee 100% accuracy but I can say that it analyzed my system pretty well. I would be interested in seeing if other people get good information from this.

I am putting up a poll to see how helpful this was to everyone, so let us know!

intrepid_soul
30th Aug 2005, 15:43
As a member of technical support I was to make sure its giving the correct information.

bond_bbs
26th Oct 2005, 22:15
Failed:

Format is Minimum/Recommended -- My system spec.

CPU: P3 / P4 -- Athlon XP 2500 - Passed
CPU Speed: 1 ghz / 2ghz -- 1.8 Overclocked to 2.5 (untrue) Passed
RAM: 256m / 512m -- 1024mb Passed
VideoCard: 32m DX9 Card / 64m DX9 card -- GeForce 6800 (128m / Pixel Shader 3.0 supprot) Passed****
VideoCard Driver: -- 6.14.10.7801 Passed
DirectX Version: 9.0c --9.0c Passed
Sound Card: -- Realtek AC97 Passed
Free Disk Space: 1.5gb / 2.5gb -- 6.0gb (not counting other partitions) Passed
CD: -- Yes, HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM 8163B -- Passed

The **** beside my videocard is because of this: In the Minimum requirements check, it says I failed the test, but all the extended checks (3d Acceleration, RAM, Pixel Shader support version) were all good. But, on the Recommended requirements test, I passed it. Very Odd.

intrepid_soul
26th Oct 2005, 22:44
That is odd, I can say that the game should work on a 6 series. We do have some issues on a small portion of users systems with the 6 series. The usual fix is uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, or rolling back to a previous version.

bond_bbs
27th Oct 2005, 10:49
Unfortunately, I cannot even get the game installed to try. With running Server 2003, the installer says that my OS is unsupported, and just drops to desktop.

intrepid_soul
27th Oct 2005, 15:36
Unfortunately, I cannot even get the game installed to try. With running Server 2003, the installer says that my OS is unsupported, and just drops to desktop.

And unfortunatly since its not a supported OS, it is correct. I can only recommend checking with Microsoft and seeing if they can help you figure out how to get it to run with Compatibility mode or something.

jmille8934
5th Jan 2006, 03:20
First I am told that I have a defective cd christams gift. Then I get a replacement and I get

Fatal Error!
---------------------------

Sorry, but your machine is unable to run this game.
It requires a graphics card which supports Pixel Shaders v1.1.
The game will now exit.

To say that I an annoyed is an understanding!

I went to GameSpy as directed and here is the failure report that you wished to have posted.

CPU
Minimum: Pentium 3 or Athlon equivalent
You Have: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1700MHz PASS
CPU Speed
Minimum: 1 Ghz
You Have: 1.7 GHz PASS
System RAM
Minimum: 256 MB
You Have: 511.0 MB PASS
Operating System
Minimum: Windows 2000/XP
You Have: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) PASS
Video Card
Minimum: 32 MB DirectX 9 compatible Video Card with Pixel Shader Support
You Have: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 (GeForce2 MX/MX 400) FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. Upgrade to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - 32.0 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 1.0 , You have - 0.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.7189 FYI: Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card. Click 'Free Driver Update' and we'll direct you to your video card manufacturer.
DirectX Version
Minimum: 9.0 (included)
You Have: 9.0c PASS
Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: Santa Cruz(tm) PASS
Sound Card Driver Version
Your driver version number is: 5.12.1.4112 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
Free Disk Space
Minimum: 1.5 GB
You Have: 157.1 GB PASS
CD
You Have: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8160B PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.

intrepid_soul
5th Jan 2006, 16:51
First I am told that I have a defective cd christams gift.

First let me apoligize for the inconvience! I am just glad that we became aware of the problem as early as we did, other wise that 800# woulld not have been in existance for Christmas, and that would have drastically changed the turn around times for the replacement discs getting out

You Have: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 (GeForce2 MX/MX 400) FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. Upgrade to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - 32.0 MB

Here lies the rub the , the MX as it states does not have the required Pixel Shader 1.1. I would highly recommend picking up a card that supports this, as it will not only get Lego Star Wars to work properly but most other games will see a slight increase in performance and looks. That being said, you should look for a lower end card, as the requirements are 32 megs of video ram. A 32 meg video card goes for about $20-$40 at most computer stores. The memory changes teh price of the video card, for example the same model number but a 256 meg video card I have see go all the way up to $500. So it lies in where your comfort zone for upgrading it.

I can't stress enough the more thought you put into the upgrade the less headache later you will have from future games.

All that being said there was a work around reported for the Intel Graphics Chipset using 3d Analyze, look for that sticky. The link has changed, here is the new link to get that software:

http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/

jmille8934
6th Jan 2006, 00:44
i dl'd the software, and the program moves a bit further along and does not come up with an error message, but the progarm does not start either. What settings should be chosen?

jon43
30th Jan 2006, 18:48
I feel that i am on the home straight with this but have one more hurdle. The history is that I had the Geforce MX MX 400 card which was not compatible - I updated to the Geforce 6200 which is compatible with this game. However I could not leave Dexter's Diner by any door without the game crashing. following various threads, I realised that there is a glitch with this card and the latest drivers and I must download the forceware 71.89 driver as the last one that is compatible. i did this but my computer would not recognise it. I believe that is to do with the .inf file so I copied a later file across (from the 81.89 driver) and the driver loaded and works, except with the lego game. i can now leave Dexter's diner and start to play the game but the problem is that the game now freezes every minute or so for around 30 seconds. First the video freezes and then the sound and then it unfreezes (quicker if I press escape).

Can you please help me with this problem - i have loaded and unloaded the drivers and game many times with no change. Is it the .inf file? I have not managed to find anyone else who has this final problem, most of them seem to work after they load 71.89 driver. Is there a way of loading this driver without changing the .inf file when it is not recognised or am I barking up the wrong tree.

my son is no longer speaking to me!

thanks

jon

want to play
25th Apr 2006, 18:27
My son purchased, using his own money, the PC/CD rom edition of Star Wars, the Video Game. The graphics are not displaying correctly. I'm getting weird geometric shapes on the screen but am able to see game characters and can make them move around.

I downloaded directX9 to two different laptops, and took the 2 Dells (one purchased 2 months ago, one 16 months ago) to Best Buy and asked them to install a graphics card that is compatible with direct3d with pixel shader support. I was told at BestBuy that laptops don't support that kind of graphics card.

My son is upset that he spent money on this game and can't play it. I just tried the widget you suggested to test my PC to see if it could play the game. I couldn't see how to start the download for the tester. I need help! Does the Best Buy story seem correct to you? Where is the 'press here to download' button on the referred site?

sick
25th Apr 2006, 20:35
Here's a direct link: clicky (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/eidos?registration_option_id=2528).

I'm afraid it is likely that the game doesn't run on your laptop, since laptops are generally not supported. It doesn't say exactly so in the system requirements though (at least not the one I read) but you might want to contact Eidos customer service (a phone number can be found on the last page of the game's manual.)

jaxondad
11th Sep 2006, 21:34
I used the webpage quoted above and received a pass for all of my system, yet the game still won't run. All I get is a black screen and the opening soundtrack audio after some light flickering once the icon is clicked. I am running a P4 1.4 machine with 512 Mb RAM , DirectX 9.0c and a 128 Mb FX5200 graphics card which I upgraded from the TNT 32 Mb card that I ran before. I also got rid of the latest NVidia drivers in favour of the 71.89 set which I have seen on several sites is required to run the game but still no joy. When I tried the game with that card it gave me the pixel shading error which forced the upgrade and now that is gone, but neither the Lego Star Wars I or demo Star Wars II will run.

Help!! :scratch: Ian

jasonreeduk
22nd Oct 2006, 19:04
I just wanted to post this for information for any interested party. I have recently bought a new laptop (Graphics is Intel 94GM Express Chipset family) and Lego Star Wars.

I was disappointed, along with many others, when the game didn't run and had the Pixel Shader error. I was really astonished to find on Intel's site that the chip supports Pixel shading above version 2.0!!!!...... so the error seemed a little off!

Anyway thanks to the forum I downloaded the 3D analyser software http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/ and ticked the option:

emulate HW TnL CAPS

The software now works fine and has no performance issues.

:)

caymangolfer
18th Sep 2007, 18:32
I have a brand new Dell, running an Athlon x2 wiht 2GB RAM and a supported Video Card.

I get this when I run the test.

CPU
Minimum: Pentium III or Athlon equivalent
You Have: 2 processors running - AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53 PASS
CPU Speed
You Have: 1.70 GHz Performance Rated at 4.32 GHz PASS
System RAM
You Have: 1.9 GB PASS
Operating System
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) PASS
Video Card
You Have: ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 (ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x5975)) PASS
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - 700.0 MB
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 1.1 , You have - 2.0

Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.6677 FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
DirectX Version
Sound Card
You Have: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC PASS
Your driver version number is: 5.10.0.5401 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
Free Disk Space
You Have: 100.6 GB PASS
CD
You Have: Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-5540A PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.

However when I run the game I get past the vendor page, and get to a part where it has a black background and a green light on the middle and it freezes, just bloody craps out. I bought this laptop with XP specifically to play the bloody game for my 4 year who is dying to play and has been since Feb (his B-day) and now it came in yesterday and the game still cannot be played.

Is there a fix? Any reason why it isn't working?

Cheers

Paul

naraku
26th Oct 2009, 08:17
So is this thread and or forum only for the PC versions?

Bananza
12th Apr 2010, 14:31
It's really nice game?)

legostarwarshappymom
16th Jul 2015, 05:32
I learned on this site about 3D analyzer. As a mom who knows next to nothing about computers, here's how I got my son's game Lego Star Wars Complete Saga to work using 3d analyzer. First, I went to the games files both on the dvd drive file and in the program x 86 files (under lucas films), and told them to allow sharing under advanced sharing (I think it was under properties). This causes me to get no more "can't do this and can't do that" messages.
Once that is done:
1) Go to programx86 and access 3DA as program administrator!
2) Select file by browsing for programx86 lucas films lego game exe file
3) on 3DA screen, check HW Tnl caps (I only need this one, not the others that other people have mentioned)
4) press "Run"
5) Game plays.
PS: I would not have been able to do this without the 3DA tip to begin with, so thanks from my boys
I sure hope this helps some other parent/child!

First I am told that I have a defective cd christams gift. Then I get a replacement and I get

Fatal Error!
---------------------------

Sorry, but your machine is unable to run this game.
It requires a graphics card which supports Pixel Shaders v1.1.
The game will now exit.

To say that I an annoyed is an understanding!

I went to GameSpy as directed and here is the failure report that you wished to have posted.

CPU
Minimum: Pentium 3 or Athlon equivalent
You Have: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1700MHz PASS
CPU Speed
You Have: 1.7 GHz PASS
System RAM
You Have: 511.0 MB PASS
Operating System
You Have: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) PASS
Video Card

Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.7189 FYI: Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card. Click 'Free Driver Update' and we'll direct you to your video card manufacturer.
DirectX Version
Sound Card
You Have: Santa Cruz(tm) PASS
Your driver version number is: 5.12.1.4112 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
Free Disk Space
You Have: 157.1 GB PASS
CD
You Have: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8160B PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.