Game Mechanics - Puzzles
Game Mechanics - Game Engine
Game Mechanics - Graphics
Game Mechanics - Control System
Rumours
Release Date
Formats

Enjoy!

TOMB RAIDER LEGEND GAME SYNOPSIS (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/synopsis.html)

dhama
29th Aug 2005, 09:10
Come on, own up... how many of you are going straight to number 12 .... :D

Thanks. :thumbsup: some things there I didn't yet know.

enoch
29th Aug 2005, 09:29
2 qt of 2006? Hmm..., the next stall of the next installment.

Johnny
29th Aug 2005, 11:08
I can't even imagine how much work the Crystal Dynamics team is puttng forth to make this a flawless game. Cudos to Crystal Dynamics! :)

Ah, an April-June 2006 release... It'll be something to look forward to when I finish exams in April. :cool:

Young Lara will make an appearance?! :eek: That's great news! I've always loved the concept of a young Lara Croft, but I hope (and assume) Crystal Dynamics gave Core Design's character model a complete overhaul. Her eyebrows looked like they were painted on, her eyes had a reddish tinge to them, and her lips were the exact same colour as her skin. :rolleyes: Didn't look like Lara Croft at all. Anyone else agree?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Johnno_86/younglara.jpg

Trinity34
29th Aug 2005, 13:06
The release date is second quarter 2006? Where did you see that? The Eidos site still says "this winter". Did they change it?

http://www.eidosinteractive.com/games/info.html?gmid=158

I think you mean second quarter 2005-2006 fiscal year which would be December thru March. :)

phenom666
29th Aug 2005, 14:55
news articles on eurogamer and ign said Q2 2006 trinity34 :D

each financial year starts with july and ends with june:

july-sept = Q1
oct-dec = Q2
jan-Mar = Q3
apr-june = Q4

so according to this tomb raider would be released sometime this xmas (Financial year Q2 2006). But we know it isnt!!!! :eek:

so they must be going by the normal yearly calender:

Q1 = Jan-Mar
Q2 = Apr-Jun <<<< :thumbsup:
Q3 = Jul-sept
Q4 = oct-dec

So Q2 2006 is April-June 2006! :D :cool: ;) so I think the news bit by Miss Lara 2 u is right.

Trinity34
29th Aug 2005, 15:00
I do not agree.

I think Sci changed their financial year after the ign and eurogamer stories came out. And you are saying ign and eurogamer are more credible than the Eidos website? LOL. :p

EDIT: My point is this... every website has a different release date. IGN says feb 2006, Gamespot says TBA, GameSpy says Feb. 2006, Amazon.com says Dec 2005, EBgames.com says a variety of dates......who do you believe? Its not official until Eidos announces it. :)

Xxx_Lara_xxX
29th Aug 2005, 15:19
Yeah the young lara pics were always kind of creepish looking, not quite as bad as this though:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/wiccaebay/007.jpg

:eek: This is where I really became disenfranchised with Core. Were they deliberately making her look ugly? The red eyes with weird stigma eyelids, solid caterpillar eyebrows, and the cheesy lightning in the background.

I think it would be cute to play with an overweight young lara 'super size me' size so you could see Lara before she lost her baby fat

probably won't happen - :p

Johnny
29th Aug 2005, 17:02
Xxx_Lara_xxX, I totally agree with you. Eidos made such a wise decision handing the TR franchise to Crystal Dynamics. Core Design was beginning to get very sloppy and the whole pull-a-switch-and-open-a-door puzzle scheme was adequate for 1996, but not for the new millennium. :rolleyes:

Alti
29th Aug 2005, 23:45
Everything sounds so good! All except the release date! Eidos needs to update their release date posted in the site, because that is misleading.
Thanks for posting MissLara! :)

Sophia Leigh
30th Aug 2005, 05:24
Young Lara will make an appearance?! :eek: That's great news! I've always loved the concept of a young Lara Croft, but I hope (and assume) Crystal Dynamics gave Core Design's character model a complete overhaul. Her eyebrows looked like they were painted on, her eyes had a reddish tinge to them, and her lips were the exact same colour as her skin. :rolleyes: Didn't look like Lara Croft at all. Anyone else agree?

I completely agree Johnny. I always thought that "young Lara" might be able to pass as Lara's younger sister but never as Lara herself. :cool: