PDA

View Full Version : New items to mod !

Godkin
29th Aug 2005, 01:22
Here is what I have found about IG which is moddable to improve its gameplay a little bit.

First the important thing is MILITIA_CONGLOMERATION_COEF.If you set the value negative, it indicates that AI would try to stay away from melee as far as possible.

Secondly to make AI catch up with player in reseach progress, I gonna stop them from trading their reseach points for money. Just go to C:\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion\IA\Default,and open IADefsMinistroTecnologico.sb.At the bottom lies the line VALOR_MAXIMO_CONVERSION_CIENCIA , pl set the value to 0, and AI won't do that anymore.

Here I 'd like to thank Icanus.The other day some guy said "you are really a god ",I second that.

Icanus
29th Aug 2005, 01:39
Thanks, and nice work yourself - reducing the AI's tendency to just pile everything into melee should sort out one of the major problems people have with the game. nice one.

Godkin
29th Aug 2005, 05:24
Thanks, and nice work yourself - reducing the AI's tendency to just pile everything into melee should sort out one of the major problems people have with the game. nice one.

Without your work IG simply loses half of its charm :D .All I expect from you now is to help reduce recruiting time to one month for AI to guarantee more frequent battles.

Oh forgot to mention antoher way to keep AI from charging your guns all the time : go to C:\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Batalla,open DatosAIBatalla.sb, locate COMBAT_ENEMY_SELECTION_INFANTRY,set the value of .ARTILLERY_DANGER_BONUS_COEF to 0. By doing this you just persuade AI from thinking guns are their No.1 on their priority list. Indeed AI infantry would still come rushing to get your guns within his shoot range,but if you put your guns somewhere behind your infantry line not before, AI would leave them alone and take care of your men.

moetman
29th Aug 2005, 09:44
Either people with a lot of time on their hands or the Devs are here :D

Good work !

ruftops
29th Aug 2005, 12:06
Thanks Icanus and Godkin. I really appreciate the work you contribute to the game, thank you very much! :thumbsup: :)

ytareh
29th Aug 2005, 16:53
Hi Guys(First post after eidos sorted out posting problems)Thanks for all the mod work.This anti melee mod looks great but I cant seem to find this "Batalla"file!Any ideas/clues?

Icanus
29th Aug 2005, 17:04
Hi Guys(First post after eidos sorted out posting problems)Thanks for all the mod work.This anti melee mod looks great but I cant seem to find this "Batalla"file!Any ideas/clues?

"Batalla" is a folder within the "Gamemodes" folder - the file DatosAIBattalla.sb is in this folder.

ytareh
29th Aug 2005, 17:59
When I navigate to the GameModes file and right click to explore I can not find "Batalla".What I have is:Unitdata,DTFileIO,DTFileIO_log,ModeloCombate.dt,readme and statguide.Is it in the ModeloCombate,dt file.I cant open this with Word,Notepad or WordPad.Any information appreciated.Do I need to reinstall.....REALLY not looking forward to typing in all those unit stats changes again.Infact theyre so time consuming I cant even be bothered applying the patch as it will overwrite then (Correct?!)PS strangely when I do a "search" (on my computer)for "Batalla" I get up several files but they are all audio(.OGG)only.

ytareh
29th Aug 2005, 18:40
OK making progress...I see that when I downloaded WINRAR and extracted the files it appeared...

ytareh
29th Aug 2005, 20:05
Well all this modding certainly changes the flavour of battles..In my own favourite "The Battle of Friedland" in Historic Battles section it makes the game much more frantic.The changes Ive made mainly are Artillery range to 650m and 1000m (6&12ib)(half the historic values and i think i'll have to half them again!!)rifles to 180m muskets to a little longer than in the game.Ive also messed with the small arms range "zones"(close/med/long)and accuracies to reflect big difference in accuracy between90/100m and point blank(Rough historical stats are 100m= 3% 70m=33% and 50m or less practical lethal.)(in the game 90% at every range)Ive also made Godkins suggested changes.The battles are over in a flash-sometimes under 3 mins- as the enemy swoop in on you from all quarters.Looks like I'll have to learn a whole new set of tactics all over again for the tiny number of battles I had "mastered".Keep up the modding guys!

Hogan
30th Aug 2005, 09:19
When I try and edit the file it tells me access was denied...

Icanus
30th Aug 2005, 09:31
When I try and edit the file it tells me access was denied...do you mean when you try to save changes? if so, check the file properties to see that isn't set to "read only" (if it is, uncheck it).

Lakefather
5th Sep 2005, 15:20
I've discovered three things that can be modded, although I have only done some quick tests with these.

1. Adding extra ships to countries.

Find the C:\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion and open the dbgDefFlotasIniciales.sb. In this file you'll see all the counties listed, scroll down to the one you want (I chose Britain for my test) and copy and paste the following. (Note you'll need to edit the numbers FLOTA and .NOMBRE, .NOMBRE is roman numerals).

[ # FLOTA 1
.NOMBRE "Fleet ING I"
.PROVINCIA MARNORTE
.BARCO_INICIAL CORBETA
]

Make sure that you add it before the last bracket.

2. Edit the start date.

Find the C:\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion and open the DefCalendarioRevolucionario.sb. Scroll down to the bottom until you find .ANYO 1789. Change this to whatever number you want (I tried 1749).

3. Alliances at the start and how much countries like you.

Find the C:\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion and open defsInicialesLocalEasy.sb or defsInicialesLocalMedium.sb or defsInicialesLocalHard.sb. Find the country you want to edit and find these lines .JUG_PORTUGAL [ .HOSTILIDAD 40.0 ] if you increase the number 40.0 then this country will like you more, if you descrease it they will hate you more.

If you want to be allied with a country add this to the end .ESTADO_DIPLOMATICO [ .ESTADO PROTECCION_MUTUA .TURNOS 12 ] ].

I haven't tested these thoroughly yet so I don't know if there are any limits to them. Also has anyone already posted this stuff because i'm sure i've seen some of it before?

officerpuppy
7th Sep 2005, 01:38
With that information in hand, maybe someone can try and make "scenarios" like for example starting the game in which France is allied/really good relations with most of Europe and a large navy to challenge England with.

ST0MPA
7th Sep 2005, 09:12
so this should let me start with ships of the line too?

that is what corbet stands for i think

Godkin
7th Sep 2005, 12:15
Remember this file DatosAIBatalla.sb in ?:\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Batalla ? I think there is sth worthes your while and that still leaves much to explore.

For those who have 100men this is the one deserves your attention:

.AT_POSOF_VALUES
[
.MAX_RADIUS 4000.0
.MAX_RADIUS_DIF 8000.0
.TROOP_WIDE 600.0
.TROOP_LONG 500.0
]

this is just to say,raise the value of TROOP_LONG to some amount to suit your double-extended battalion line otherwise they just pact together on one spot when they spread for an attack.

Inferior Being
7th Sep 2005, 19:40
When I right-click on "DatosAIBatalla.SB", and choose "Open With" - "WinRAR Archiver", I get a message saying that the archive is either in an unknown format or changed. When I open in Notepad, it works. After I've edited the files, and choose to save, I get a message saying: "Cannot create the C:\Program Files etc. Yada yada yada DatosAIBatalla.SB File. Make sure that the path and filename are correct."! What the...?! :mad:

Icanus
7th Sep 2005, 21:06
You don't need to use winrar to open .sb files, just to extract them from the pak file, which it soulds like you've already done. Notepad should be fine for editing them.

The error you get when saving sounds like the file is marked as Read Only. Right click on it, choose properties and un-check Read Only, then press OK. You should then be able to save changes (remember to keep a backup, just in case).

Godkin
8th Sep 2005, 02:38
Hi ,Icanus how nice to see you on line again ,Pl Pl let me know when you release your latest version of DTFileIO ? I'd like to sacrifice the function of forming square for running 120men battalions without game crash.

Or Pl give me militia with the function of square formation for militia is really becoming a pain in the neck but I decide to live with it provided it can be replaced by lineinf.

Inferior Being
8th Sep 2005, 08:54
Thanks an awful lot, man! Now not only do I fight battles with 100 man battallions, (If I choose more, some maps become too small. :( ), but now the soldiers stand and shoot at each other all the time. But I have a question. A little while ago, I fought a battle in Norway. The battle went fine, huge battallions swapping lead across a reasonable distance. But then, one of my Black Watch battallions got too close to the enemy, and automatically charged. There's nothing funny in that. The AI stuff only works for, well, the AI, and I know that and are not going to start complaining. No you see, my problem is this:

A mass-hysteria broke loose.

After the charge of the Black Watchmen, everyone on both sides started charging into one wild melee. After the morbidly huge melee had been resolved, everything went back to normal. What the hell, man?! :eek:

Godkin
8th Sep 2005, 09:21
maybe i was wrong at previous posts.

Icanus
8th Sep 2005, 11:00
Hi ,Icanus how nice to see you on line again ,Pl Pl let me know when you release your latest version of DTFileIO ? I'd like to sacrifice the function of forming square for running 120men battalions without game crash.

Or Pl give me militia with the function of square formation for militia is really becoming a pain in the neck but I decide to live with it provided it can be replaced by lineinf.

I'm still working on the next version (which is now going to be a proper editor, which will let people canhge values directly rather than exporting and importing text files). There should be something very soon (by the end of the coming weekend), but it probably won't include the "Actions" variables in this version, as I'm still having some trouble working these out.

it looks like each action (charge, form line, etc) has a value (line is 1, square is 16, shoot is 64), and the value of the variable is the total of all the values for the actions a unit can perform, but it looks like there are some unused actions (such as expanded formation) which didn;t make the final game, which confuses things somewhat.

In the meantime you could try adding the following lines to your inf-militia.txt (backup your DT, because once they're imported the current version won't let you export and change them again)

120 uFlagsAccDisIni: 94153 * Initial Actions for unit
124 uFlagsAccDis: 94175 * Actions for unit
7952 uFlagsAccDisIni: 94153 * Initial Actions for unit
7956 uFlagsAccDis: 94175 * Actions for unit
15784 uFlagsAccDisIni: 94153 * Initial Actions for unit
15788 uFlagsAccDis: 94175 * Actions for unit
23616 uFlagsAccDisIni: 94153 * Initial Actions for unit
23620 uFlagsAccDis: 94175 * Actions for unit
31448 uFlagsAccDisIni: 94153 * Initial Actions for unit
31452 uFlagsAccDis: 94175 * Actions for unit

These are the values for Line Inf at the correct adresses for militia, so should allow firing and line formation.

They may however cause problems in campaign mode (the problem I had when importing action variables, even when I didn;t change them at all, was that while the starting units were fine, any units built after the start of the campaign were unable to attack or change formation, just march around and get shot).

Let me know how you get on with these.

Inferior Being
8th Sep 2005, 13:08
I don't get it... there's still a lot of melee fighting about in the game... I even cranked the "MILITIA_DISTANCE" and the "MILITIA_CONGLOMERATION" values up to a hundred! One question, though... when you set the "CONGLOMERATION" values to a negative and I want it to be -100, do I type "-100.0" or "0.100"? Such puny details doesn't matter, right? :confused: This is spooky! :mad:

Godkin
8th Sep 2005, 14:30
Well ,i gotta start a new thread to clarify sth ,obviously i made a mistake ,sorry!

Godkin
8th Sep 2005, 15:46
120 uFlagsAccDisIni: 94153 * Initial Actions for unit
124 uFlagsAccDis: 94175 * Actions for unit
7952 uFlagsAccDisIni: 94153 * Initial Actions for unit
7956 uFlagsAccDis: 94175 * Actions for unit
15784 uFlagsAccDisIni: 94153 * Initial Actions for unit
15788 uFlagsAccDis: 94175 * Actions for unit
23616 uFlagsAccDisIni: 94153 * Initial Actions for unit
23620 uFlagsAccDis: 94175 * Actions for unit
31448 uFlagsAccDisIni: 94153 * Initial Actions for unit
31452 uFlagsAccDis: 94175 * Actions for unit

I'm really indebted to you ! Just can;t wait to have a try on it. Hoping it will work :D .

Godkin
9th Sep 2005, 01:06
Hi, I have tried it out.Well I succeeded in adding these lines to text file and importing them into .DT file.Then I started a quick game and found with delights that milltia actually acts the parts of lineinf,that is ,my millitia can stand in line or form square and even shoot!

So i clicked to start the real battle.To my great great dismal AI militias (now they have change their appearance into lineinf) just marched until they reached outside my field of fire and stopped to form line for attack. Suddently they throwed themselves into column again and started charging with desperation as if they finally found out the truth that they haven't got trained to fire. So that's it.

Now it seems I have to wait until some other files have been cracked to get rid of militia once for all just like UK does its milltia. :o

Thanks for all the trouble.

Icanus
9th Sep 2005, 02:18
Just had a try with ranged militia myself.

Looks like the AI is set up to charge with militia no matter what :(

It might still be fixable if we can figure out the AI scripts (I believe they're in the Imperial Glory\Game\LuaScripts\IA_Batalla folder).

On the bright side, I think I may have finally figured out why any changes to the actions made units in campaigns have no ability to do anything but move - a typo in the source code of my program :o .

I'll give it another try to see what the effect is if militia are set to have no ability to fight hand-to-hand at all, which should prevent them charging, though I suspect the AI will just sit there.

Godkin
9th Sep 2005, 12:33
Just had a try with ranged militia myself.

Looks like the AI is set up to charge with militia no matter what :(

It might still be fixable if we can figure out the AI scripts (I believe they're in the Imperial Glory\Game\LuaScripts\IA_Batalla folder).

Yes I have been trying it for a while. I deleted every single line with the word militia in it in "resources.lua" file, but did not come to anything, for AI still pumps out militia like anything.

On the bright side, I think I may have finally figured out why any changes to the actions made units in campaigns have no ability to do anything but move - a typo in the source code of my program :o .

You must be kidding :eek: . I never though of such a tricky issue should end up in this way. Great!

I'll give it another try to see what the effect is if militia are set to have no ability to fight hand-to-hand at all, which should prevent them charging, though I suspect the AI will just sit there.

Well that's brilliant! handle it the other way around...so any news coming up?

Icanus
9th Sep 2005, 19:28
Another update:

I tried it with militia having all the abilities of line inf except for charging and hand to hand combat, but the AI doesn't deal with it properly - player controlled militia works as expected, and can shoot, form square etc, but the AI still wants to charge into close combat, and when it finds it can't, the militia just stand there doing nothing.

Seems we will have to figure out the AI or get into defmodelogestion.mng to remove militia entirely.

I've now tested the fixed actions changing in camnpaign properly - it seems that in the part of the program that imports values from the text files I'd made a small type that made the "Initial Actions" field get imported as "00 00 00 00", which meant that newly created units had no abilities. this is now fixed, and will be in the next release, along with some help on how to figure out what the action values mean.

Icanus
9th Sep 2005, 19:31
You must be kidding :eek: . I never though of such a tricky issue should end up in this way. Great!
That's the downside to my chronic insomnia - I get plenty of time to work on things, but my brain isn't necesarily in top-gear when I'm doing it :)

Godkin
10th Sep 2005, 05:58
...but the AI still wants to charge into close combat, and when it finds it can't, the militia just stand there doing nothing.

OH GOD! can't be more serious! Somebody gotta do something. Should I report this huge bug to DEV? :eek:

Seems we will have to figure out the AI or get into defmodelogestion.mng to remove militia entirely.

Well just one of those days...That implies we have to keep waiting for tomorrow's jelly.

I've now tested the fixed actions changing in camnpaign properly - it seems that in the part of the program that imports values from the text files I'd made a small type that made the "Initial Actions" field get imported as "00 00 00 00", which meant that newly created units had no abilities. this is now fixed, and will be in the next release, along with some help on how to figure out what the action values mean.

That's above my head, could only count on you :thumbsup: