PDA

View Full Version : is this the end of lok series?

davescorpion
29th Aug 2005, 00:48
hi all, newbie here, just wondered, after blood omen, soul reaver, soul reaver 2, blood omen 2, and lok defiance, is this the final chapter to the lok series, or do we wait for the next instalment?, will there be another game, after lok defiance, shall we see a "rebirth of raziel"?, i am not up with the latest news on this subject, any one know............
surely we have more to see and do?
help if you know anything...........
ds........

Gabriel Edson
29th Aug 2005, 01:02
nobody knows. :( there may be another game, or there may not. we may hear one way or another tomorrow, or two years from now.

sorry, but thats where we are right now. :o

anyway, welcome!

what other interests do you have besides LOK? ive heard rumors that there may be a star wars fan or two lurking amongst the members of this forum... ;)

X-prt
29th Aug 2005, 09:26
i dont think that this could be the last game in the LoK-Series.
there is so much left to know. may be the next game will tell us more about the time when Kain was the head of Nosgoth or maybe it tells us about kains way between BO2 and Defiance

Gabriel Edson
29th Aug 2005, 20:22
whether there is more story to be told is irrelevant, im afraid. crystal dynamics / eidos / SCI are businesses, after all, and for them there is no point in undertaking a project if they cant make enough money from it. im not saying theres no chance there will ever be another game, im just saying we should accept the fact that its a possibility. :o

rabban
29th Aug 2005, 20:28
let me put it this way...it's the end of lok as we know it.

fneh
29th Aug 2005, 21:12
let me put it this way...it's the end of lok as we know it.

my how cryptic...

no future LOK projects have been announced. Just before defiance came out there was another LOK planned but not in production. For all we know they couldn't get the funding to make it. LOK isn't exactly a very sucessful series really I'm afraid.

there's actually a few threads like this already with more info if you wanna use the search option........ ;)

I'm quite happy thinking defiance was the last in the series personally. If another game was to come out i'd be excited of course, but it's not something I'm craving (like soul reaver 2 and 3 for example).

davescorpion
29th Aug 2005, 22:02
thanks for the replies, i would to be honest welcome another in the series, but on the other hand, would it be too much?, defiance was a better game than bo2 i think but sr2 was the best for me...... i must have completed it a dozen times now, maybe its time to call it a day, however if some one to write the complete story start to finish and publish it, i'd buy it, better than harry bloody potter, but only us lok fans would buy it me thinks........
well whatever the powers that be do, i'll be here waiting.......
cheers,
ds.

Gabriel Edson
29th Aug 2005, 22:35
<shaky voice> bewaaare, the powers that be... ;)

but hey, DS, dont go vanishing on us. this is still a great place to chat with people about the games you love. :) we dont bite!

well, except for the vampires amongst us. and there is a certain purple-text slinging vampiress vixen who eats trolls for breakfast. always lurking, watching, waiting... ;) :D

Umah Bloodomen
30th Aug 2005, 01:26
well, except for the vampires amongst us. and there is a certain purple-text slinging vampiress vixen who eats trolls for breakfast. always lurking, watching, waiting... ;) :D

**twiddles thumbs, whistles and attempts to appear innocent*** :D

Indeed, there are plenty of topics that should spark your interest davescorpion, (especially those that speculate on the events of a future title). :)

davescorpion
31st May 2006, 23:48
hi guys, after playing most of the lok series for the upteenth time i decided to move on, now mostly multiplayer fps titles, but they can get repetative and monotonous dont you think?, i still welcome the idea of a new lok title, has anything happened since i was last here, first visit in such a loooooong time? and will there ever be a lok movie, doom, resident evil, bloodrayne, movies coming out of the woodwork, wouldnt a lok movie be great, i think yes, but its back to the "only fans would watch it" idea.........
right i gonna check out what ive missed, catch u all later.........
ds.

evil_sharkey
1st Jun 2006, 04:51
In theory a LoK movie could be cool. In reality, it would probably be directed by Ewe Boll and would therefore stink like the downwind side of a rendering plant.:nut:

dumah's wraith
1st Jun 2006, 21:15
All games to movies are awful [mortal combat, final fantasy, doom]. Its just unavoidable. Games aren't repetetive when you play them, but in a movie its impossible to keep it interesting.

Binky24
2nd Jun 2006, 06:07
Hmm. Silent Hill? I haven't seen it, but I've heard many good things told about it?

But in general, I must agree.

Merkury
2nd Jun 2006, 08:48
Personally, I thought that the FF7 movie, Advent Children, was rather good.

Zyden
2nd Jun 2006, 23:20
:rolleyes: ff-spirits within wasn't that bad

ok ok so i only had popcorn and a 32 year old man for company

Zyden
2nd Jun 2006, 23:22
apologies to all 32+ ff fans:o i'm just an arogent 14 year old boy...

wow i just reallised!!! Lok games are 15+ ooooooooo i feel so rebeliouse!!!

ammon
3rd Jun 2006, 20:33
i have to admit, i'm not a Final Fantasy fan but Advent Children was awesome!!! i had to watch it a couple of times because it was too fast and my eyes couldn't keep up (the fight scenes) :D

Zyden - i was younger when i got into Soul Reaver :D (which was the first one i got - untill then i didn't even know LoK existed) and now i'm too bloody old ^.0 :D :D

i caught the back end of FF:SW on TV once and i could tell by looking at it that it was rubbish.

dumah's wraith - come on! Mortal Kombat wasn't that bad surely? (but it did have a good soundtrack ^.^ )

evil_sharkey - UGH!!! Uwe Boil!!! *runs to bog to be sick*
i've seen his movies and there all ****e - honestly, i don't know how he get's away with it!??
can't anyone stop him from making movies???

surely the LOK series isn't doing that bad fanancilly???
if i was in control i would do another - you can't just leave it like that, there are too many questions!!!

dumah's wraith
6th Jun 2006, 22:15
I was referring to spirits within, haven't seen advent children.

Does anyone here read Empire? They did an interview with Uwe a couple of issues ago-he thinks he's getting better. There's some website where there's a petition to stop him making anything else. Haven't seen his films so I can't judge.

Yep, Mortal kombat was crap, even if they did have a good theme tune. But, I have to admit, they did the best they could with the material. Where did Johnny cage come out of, by the way. I don't remember him in the original game[Striker?]

ammon
10th Jun 2006, 20:44
you must see it!!! i comand you! :D

never heard of it.. is it american?

www.uweboll.com don't know if that works - i tried it and it doesn't do it for me but it might work for someone else ^.^
from what i read, this is a site to stop him aswell
good! you DO NOT want to SEE HIS MOVIES!!!

come to think of it...i don't remember Johnny in the game either :scratch: maybe it was artistic liscence ???

oh, i (a couple of days ago) was rummaging around with my old playstation mags and i remembered this
(extract from an interview between PSi2 and Mattew Guzenda, senior producer at Crystal
Dynamics PSi2 issue 36 october 2003 )

PSi2 - With franchises more important than ever, how important is the Legacy of Kain series now in the Crystal Dynamics portfolio?
MG - The Legacy of Kain series has been a mainstay of the Crystal Dynamics portfolio for a long tim, and as long as it continues to be successful. I can't see any reason to change that. The team is already making plans for the next game. now wether that means a next LoK or another game, i don't know. but it does make you wonder (as it was in a interveiw about Defiance)

dumah's wraith
11th Jun 2006, 17:54
Empire is English, as far as I know.

By trying to stop Uwe, you're making him famous, you'd be better served ignoring him.

soundspeed
11th Jun 2006, 18:37
I really hope not! This is still my favourite series as far as characters and story go. I would like to see some gameplay advances in the next title.

Man i would hate to hear there would be no more games..... Personally I dont think Eidos should wait too long. I mean theyll just lose more fans.

ammon
17th Jun 2006, 19:47
dumah's wraith - nope, still never heard of it.
he's kindda hard to ignore because he so ****

soundspeed - i suppose some fans will find the waiting off-putting, but it's the waiting that makes it worth-while...isn't it???
personally i don't mind the wait, just so long as it's good when it finally comes out :D

dumah's wraith
17th Jun 2006, 22:17
dumah's wraith - nope, still never heard of it.
he's kindda hard to ignore because he so ****

soundspeed - i suppose some fans will find the waiting off-putting, but it's the waiting that makes it worth-while...isn't it???
personally i don't mind the wait, just so long as it's good when it finally comes out :D
Are they really that bad? Better or worse than Ed Wood?
Who wrote Van Helsing, by the way *sharpens knife*

ammon
18th Jun 2006, 19:26
dumah's wraith - YES!!! there terrible!! for those that have played Alone in the Dark (nothing even close to the game!!) and seen the movie, it makes you sick (not in a good way) - and i heard Bloodrayne is dire aswell - but i haven't seen this one yet (House of The Dead was rubbish - i think there's another movie he's done but i can't remember)
written and directed by Steven Sommers (i might have spelt his name wrong :D ) i take it you thought it was weak aswell? :D :p