PDA

View Full Version : How can we make Artillery fire canister?

britishjohn
26th Aug 2005, 16:50
I an wondering whetehr anyone has made a mod or has an idea how we can change the artillery so that at close range it can fire canister and devestate close quarters enemies?

Also is anyone working on a way to edit the ships stats?

Icanus
26th Aug 2005, 17:20
I an wondering whetehr anyone has made a mod or has an idea how we can change the artillery so that at close range it can fire canister and devestate close quarters enemies?

Also is anyone working on a way to edit the ships stats?

I've been digging into the damage statistics, and for each type of cannon there are seperate damage amounts for each range band (close, medium, long), so putting up the damage amount for close range should work, though as far as I can tell there's not way to have a different projectile animation for close range, so visually it'd look the same.

The damage stats will be included in the next release of the stat import/export tool.

ST0MPA
26th Aug 2005, 18:37
would be nice if we could at least link the close range to a musket animation

britishjohn
27th Aug 2005, 16:01
I've been digging into the damage statistics, and for each type of cannon there are seperate damage amounts for each range band (close, medium, long), so putting up the damage amount for close range should work, though as far as I can tell there's not way to have a different projectile animation for close range, so visually it'd look the same.

The damage stats will be included in the next release of the stat import/export tool.

I have already tried tinkering with the close range accuracy but there is no damage thing. I have version v0.8 of the DTFileIO. Will there be another version then?

Icanus
27th Aug 2005, 16:13
I have already tried tinkering with the close range accuracy but there is no damage thing. I have version v0.8 of the DTFileIO. Will there be another version then?
yes, I'm currently working on version 0.9, which will include the damage stats, and, hopefully, the modifiers to unit stats for different formations. (as well as tidying up all the code which will make it easier to re-use if I ever get the hang of the windows API enough to try an actual editor, rather than just an import/export tool).

It looks like there's one set of damage stats for all the infantry (varied for individual units by the uModDanos variables), another set for all cavalry, but individual damage stats for each type of artillery.

Each of these sets of damage stats has damage rates (max and min - I guess it's a random amount between these two) for close, medium and long range, hand to hand and charge attacks (except artillery, which can't charge, but has a variable sfor Accuracy agains Buildings).

britishjohn
27th Aug 2005, 16:44
yes, I'm currently working on version 0.9, which will include the damage stats, and, hopefully, the modifiers to unit stats for different formations. (as well as tidying up all the code which will make it easier to re-use if I ever get the hang of the windows API enough to try an actual editor, rather than just an import/export tool).

It looks like there's one set of damage stats for all the infantry (varied for individual units by the uModDanos variables), another set for all cavalry, but individual damage stats for each type of artillery.

Each of these sets of damage stats has damage rates (max and min - I guess it's a random amount between these two) for close, medium and long range, hand to hand and charge attacks (except artillery, which can't charge, but has a variable sfor Accuracy agains Buildings).

Thanks for the super fast reply to my question. I think you program is great by the way, easy to use and works. Great, thanks.