clayman
25th Aug 2005, 21:51
Stolen anything interesting lately ? :D

John D.
25th Aug 2005, 22:22
Plenty, try Greyfeather Gems II by Morrgan :thumbsup:

Chiefdreams
25th Aug 2005, 22:48
Clayman, has the insurance company settled yet?
We have alot of new members and it would be nice to use the executive lounge again.

BrokenArts
25th Aug 2005, 23:47
Hmm, who's I see, our local curmudgeon aficionado. Welcome back Clay.

I stole the chandelier out of the penthouse, I was lonely without it.

littlek
26th Aug 2005, 04:02
And someone stole the crippled burrick sign! Taffers! WB clayman.

theBlackman
26th Aug 2005, 06:50
The best news I've heard for a while. Glad you are back. PM to follow.

Fill us in on the news. I hope all is well with you and the family. We missed you, nearly had to appoint a new CURMUDGEON OF RECORD. :D

clayman
26th Aug 2005, 11:51
Thanks all - good to see these familiar names popping up...executive lounge is officially open again, and the tab's on me. :)

Three trips to Dallas lately, my son starting shooting sporting clays, reminded me of BrokenArts being somewhere nearby (the only Thief I've actually met, sigh), and my old moniker popped up as a username somewhere else...and the fact that I had a pesky game in storage I had criticized some but never actually finished, plus its 2 much-better predecessors and about 500 FMs in storage that hadn't been dragged out in a while....so here I am.

I'll want news of course (you all will remember me as lazy in the area of actually searching the forum for answers) :

- the rest of the old crowd, where are they
- are people still ghosting
- notice that The Keep, TTLG and Thief underground are still up, any other sites to go to
- I'm now about 2 years behind on FMs, so someone helpfully paring down the list to what needs to be severely thrashed by clayman would be appreciated (thanks John D for that one to start on)
- T2X : thoughts?
- would love emails from the crew also with what's been going on in your respective worlds, and any juicy gossip I might like to help me get by in this new and I'm sure much improved forum

- and of course, the most important : can Thief DS be Ghosted ? :thumbsup:

I did run through the first 7 missions of Gold quickly just to limber up, then did Bafford's in 2 minutes or so just to see if I could, then smacked around a couple of FMs just to get the creak out of these old joints, so I'm ready.

I'll be around a lot, whether you like it much or not. ;)

Chiefdreams
26th Aug 2005, 12:07
BrokenArts being somewhere nearby (the only Thief I've actually met, sigh)

Didn't you meet someone in Tenn once? Oh, that was his hot wife......:D nevermind.....

John D.
26th Aug 2005, 12:44
- I'm now about 2 years behind on FMs, so someone helpfully paring down the list to what needs to be severely thrashed by clayman would be appreciated (thanks John D for that one to start on)
-Greyfeather I & II
-Frobber's KOTP series
-Slyfoxx's missions
-Right up there in the Mountians
-Ominous Bequest
-Rowena's Curse
-A Debt Repaid
-Deep Trouble 2 ;) :p

There are many, many more great ones as well! :thumbsup:

T2X is a very good mission pack although some of the textures are a little dated in some areas, (love the Hammer Cathedral!).

Nightwalker
26th Aug 2005, 12:55
It's great to see you back, Clayman! We've lost a lot of the old crowd so having one return to the fold is awesome. You've got some terrific FMs to play so it'll take you awhile to catch up. :)

clayman
26th Aug 2005, 14:02
Didn't you meet someone in Tenn once? Oh, that was his hot wife......:D nevermind.....

shhh...trying to keep that low key, don't want a fire arrow enema over that... :eek:

BrokenArts
26th Aug 2005, 19:53
http://modetwo.net/users/brokenarts/pacer4.jpg

http://modetwo.net/users/brokenarts/pacer5.jpg

http://modetwo.net/users/brokenarts/party2a1.jpg

Was digging through the family album today, *sniff*. Good times, good times, indeed.

clayman
26th Aug 2005, 22:52
Am trying to remember the photo album - who's that desperate enough to get in the green Pacer with me - littlek ? :D

BrokenArts
26th Aug 2005, 23:19
How quickly he forgets........that is Hawklette in the pacer with you. Lay off the leapfrog. ; -)

clayman
27th Aug 2005, 02:06
Forgeting the lady is unforgiveable. Sorry. :(

And no Leapfrog has been imbibed in ages. I've moved on to more complex indulgences. ;)

BrokenArts
27th Aug 2005, 02:21
And of course, you are waiting for a response, and a question from someone around here. What other * complex indulgences* have you been engaging in hmmm?

littlek
27th Aug 2005, 03:05
Am trying to remember the photo album - who's that desperate enough to get in the green Pacer with me - littlek ? :D

LOL! Don't you remember? You ran over me! I am under the car!

theBlackman
27th Aug 2005, 03:09
LOL! Don't you remember? You ran over me! I am under the car!

Me too, but that's rickNmel's fault. Broke my pore widdle legs he did. :(

Chiefdreams
27th Aug 2005, 11:05
http://home.comcast.net/~ddragon1/busted1.jpg

clayman
28th Aug 2005, 00:45
Caught on tape again ! :D

Peter_Smith
28th Aug 2005, 06:11
Welcome back, clayman! :D It is very good to see you, and I hope you do stick around for a while. It is amazing how many of the old guard have recently come out of the woodwork, as if nothing had changed.

There have been a lot of good FM's in the last few years. Some of my favorites not already mentioned include

Burrick's Head Inn, Vintage Edition
Horns of Canzo
Turn of the Tide
Unfinished Business
Lord Alan's Fortress
The Goblins (Les Korrigans)
Into the Maelstron (contest 5 winner)
Masque of the Red Death
Forgotten Forrest
Emilie Victor
Lord Fishkill's Curse
Relic, Left for Dead
A Winter's Night
The Night Falcon

I'll second the votes for Ominous Bequest and Rowena's Curse, and Deep Trouble part 2, and Frobber's series.

There are many other good ones.

The main mission site is http://thiefmissions.com/

T2X is a must play mission set. It is not 100% state of the art, but it has some good moments.

Many people still play in ghost mode, and ghosting remains popular, but the mission reports and the competitive sprit that they fostered have been inactive for some time. Daffydd made a lot of the more recent reports, but he got discouraged because nobody else was doing it.

Caradavin1
29th Aug 2005, 20:04
Wow, I thought I missed you guys...but, I missed you guys even when I was around. Happens to the best, ya know. WB

clayman
29th Aug 2005, 21:57
And I saw somewhere that one of my favorite designers, Purah, had updated one of all time favorite FMs, Lord Rothchest, for T2 ?

So who has the total/best FM list for download : Komag or TTLG or who? I went to about 10 different places and on more than one ended up on a Fileplanet link with about 20 gazillion interfering pop-ups, so I just lost my temper as usual and left. :)

theBlackman
29th Aug 2005, 23:13
www.thiefmissions.com

Nightwalker
30th Aug 2005, 04:51
John D. did the update and conversion to T2 for Lord Rothchest, with Purah's permission of course and he did an excellent job!

Peter_Smith
30th Aug 2005, 04:53
Rothchest's Shadow is a conversion of Purah's mission Lord Rothchest's Shadow to T2. The conversion was done by John D. I was privileged to Beta test it. I think the conversion is a little better than the original in terms of the appearance of textures, but the game play is about the same. It is a nice ghosting mission.

Maybe you missed my post. I had already answered your question about FM sites.

Old Man
30th Aug 2005, 13:59
- and of course, the most important : can Thief DS be Ghosted ? :thumbsup:

I've played through in Ghost mode and there are a couple of points where the rules don't quite fit correctly and the ending is impossible but I did manage in Lytha's Zero Damage Mode and uncaught (unseen.) Only one blackjack of the innkeeper in the first mission. All loot too. I think. Sorry, hardware problems, Windows reinstalls, TDS not currently installed so can't check the accuracy of this but that's what I remember after all this time for whatever that's worth.

Okay, just thinking about it got me interested again so I've reinstalled so I could get at the statistics and post it here as a challenge of sorts for anyone interested. My own personal obsession with pickpocketing I think I got them all in the missions proper including the Clocktower which was quite the challenge IIRC. After Day Eight upon leaving the Museum and the last time the statistics are available:

Time: 2,296 minutes (38 hours 16 minutes)
Loot: 39,975
Times Caught: 0
Opponents Blackjacked: 1
Locks Picked: 197
Pockets Picked: 232
All others nil.

Good to see you back, clayman.

SlyFoxx
3rd Sep 2005, 03:20
Welcome back you taffer. And hit the DL button...should keep you busy for about a year. :)

RicknMel
8th Oct 2005, 00:38
LOL! I haven't seen those pics in ages BA. Thanks for posting them. They're probably still on my backup CD somewhere.
I never did get all the duck crap off of Chief's hood did I? :p
:D

I still haven't buoght me a bottle of Leapfrog yet either.... I forgot about that too. :)

Rommel_1891
14th Oct 2005, 20:54
Those pics are a riot!! I LOL everytime I see them, especially after I forget about them! ;) Thanks for the reminder. :D