PDA

View Full Version : How to complete...? - May contain Spoilers

liam_IG
25th Aug 2005, 18:14
Could you please tell me how I can complete the Rosetta stone Stone quest as it is confusing me

Ryoken
25th Aug 2005, 19:02
Basically, because you cannot do long distance trade due to fog-of-war on the strategy map, you have to essentially conquer Morocco, then work your way all the way over to Egypt, before you can complete the conditions.

Or you can wait until you get the highest level of fog-of-war removal.

liam_IG
25th Aug 2005, 19:11
What I meant was two of the objective are 'garrison X No. of infantry (selected in Armies Screen)' and 'garrison X No. of Sloops (selected in Armies screen)' it this part that I don't understand, I couldn't do this Quest in my first campaign I tried training troops and Sloops in Egypt and garrisoning them there but nothing happened (no tick in the box)

Icanus
25th Aug 2005, 20:31
What I meant was two of the objective are 'garrison X No. of infantry (selected in Armies Screen)' and 'garrison X No. of Sloops (selected in Armies screen)' it this part that I don't understand, I couldn't do this Quest in my first campaign I tried training troops and Sloops in Egypt and garrisoning them there but nothing happened (no tick in the box)
In the quests screen, with the rosetta stone quest selected:

At the bottom of the requirements list, next to the "collect" button there should be another button, which will take you to the Armies Screen.

once there, you need to click on garrisoned light infantry and sloops in port to select them. They can be garrisoned anywhere in your empire, not just in egypt (you don;t even need to own egypt, just have the trade route)

Once you've selected enough click ok and the requirements should now be fulfilled (You'll lose the troops, as they're off on an expedition to egypt)

liam_IG
25th Aug 2005, 20:33
thank you I'll try it as soon as I get access to the port at alexandria