PDA

View Full Version : Is thier friendly fire?

liam_IG
25th Aug 2005, 14:14
Is thier friendly fire? as I am not sure when playing through a battle if my bullets kill my men or the enemy kill them

Sir Crow
25th Aug 2005, 14:32
put your infantry infront of your artillery then fire, lol

liam_IG
25th Aug 2005, 16:09
I mean infantry firing behind onfantry, silly

Icanus
25th Aug 2005, 17:02
I mean infantry firing behind onfantry, silly

Infantry can fire through your own units without causing any friendly damage, though it does seem to reduce the effectiveness of the fire from the unit behind (you get the red or yellow musket icon indicating that they have a shooting penalty).

What I still haven't figured out is whether you hit some of your own men when you fire into a melee.

As to artillery hitting your own units, putting your guns on a hill can allow you to shoot over the heads of your men (though if the hill isn't steep enough, or you men are too close to the guns, then it can be a costly and embarassing mistake).

liam_IG
25th Aug 2005, 17:06
Thank you very much

ytareh
30th Aug 2005, 20:22
I may be imagining it but after (maybe before?) changing some settings with the various mods I saw one of my Cavalry being shot when he "got in the way" of a volley.....I was surprised because never saw that before and nothing was near him.

theenglishdude
14th Oct 2005, 20:13
Yes i placed last 2 cavalry behind the last enemy battalion and a bit to the right my other two battalions fired and errrrrr after i realised (much to my mistake and embarresment) my horse men were gone