PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Morgan Gray at Laraslevelbase

Trinity34
25th Aug 2005, 00:31
YAAAAY. The english version has been posted laraslevelbase.org. This is from the German Games Convention in Leipzig.

Exclusive Interview
with Morgan Gray
from Crystal Dynamics

A ton of facts from the Games Convention 2005 in Leipzig, Germany

Friday, August 19th . It is hot, it is extremely loud and it is the second day of European’s largest annual gaming event, the Games Convention 2005. As announced some weeks ago Tomb Raider: Legend, the newest part in our popular series, was presented to the public for the first time in Leipzig.

Three Tribune reporters, one guest reporter and two other Tomb Raider fans just finished watching the 20- minute long live presentation of the new game. Longing for more we got the chance to catch up with Morgan Gray, producer at Crystal Dynamics, to ask him a ton of questions our community had gathered together. Thanks to the great efforts of Julia Widera from Eidos the usually fully booked CD staff member granted us about 30 minutes of his time to answer every single question we asked him in detail in an interesting and really nice, motivated way. So, again, thank you Mr. Gray for everything. It was clearly an unforgettable experience.

Few days ago we presented to you some of the facts in advance, now get prepared to read the full transcript. And those of you who are interested in the audio file can download the whole interview at the end of the article.

One last thing: Because of the noises in the background it was sometimes really difficult to reconstruct every single word of Mr. Gray and us, so please forgive us some slight grammatical errors and missing words, as we tried sticking to the original text as closely as possible, anyway.

READ MORE... (http://www.levelbase.dyndns.org/newspaper/box_artikel.asp?Nnr=350&lang=e&art=na)

suzieq51
25th Aug 2005, 02:26
Very interesting read! Many thanks Trinity34.

Sophia Leigh
25th Aug 2005, 05:22
:thumbsup: Thanks for that Trinity34, I'm getting more anxious now to play the game ;)

CatSuit&Ponytail
25th Aug 2005, 09:26
Hehehe! :D

star girl
25th Aug 2005, 10:15
People, don't know if you have played 'Project IGI: I'm Going In' or not, but maybe, the camera is gonna be like THAT! You can see nothing but Jones (he's the agent we're playing with in IGI) hand and the weapon he's carrying.

LBT: What about the camera? Can you change the perspective or the viewpoints?

At will, yes. The second analogue stick not only controls the camera. In a deeper configuration pressing it in brings up the binoculars that will let you go into another mode.

LBT: You can look at the game from Lara’s point of view?

There are three different ways: We have the third person, the binoculars and then we have a close- in over the shoulder that you can actually fight in, similar to [Tom Clancy’s] Ghost Recon. It’s sort of a bad comparison for Tomb Raider, but it’s like first person, but it’s still third. So I think as we want our combat still to be a lot of movement based most players are going to stick in this third person mode using our camera- lock combat systems where they are able to see where they’re going.

See what I mean?!?!?!!?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

BlueSkiesXXV
25th Aug 2005, 14:54
Thanks Trinity34!!!

I can't wait to start running around the mansion...Hurrah!!!!!! :D

Legendary Lara Croft
24th Sep 2005, 17:11
it's so great that Winston will be there!

Acceber
28th Sep 2005, 18:37
Three Tribune reporters, one guest reporter and two other Tomb Raider fans just finished watching the 20- minute long live presentation of the new game.

Who could they have been?
:confused:

jay2
28th Sep 2005, 19:42
But overall we want to focus more on movement and puzzles and traps and exploration than on combat.

That'll do for me.

Mangar The Dark
28th Sep 2005, 20:49
But overall we want to focus more on movement and puzzles and traps and exploration than on combat.

That'll do for me.

Me too. Exploring and puzzle solving are really where TR shines. Fighting in TR games has never been much of a thrill-- it's often the anticipation of a fight that's more exciting than the actual fight.

Sophia Leigh
28th Sep 2005, 22:48
Who could they have been?
:confused:

Who knows? :confused: Maybe it was CatSuit&Ponytail and GoranAgar? :D

Hehehe!

susan
28th Sep 2005, 22:53
Personally I can't wait to leisurely take in the surroundings, stroll in the locale checking out interesting objects and possibilities so that Lara can (after 5 minutes):

...talk to herself like “Something doesn’t seem to be right here”, maybe as she tries [to discover what to do next].So that:
...you won’t waste a lot of your time. I think Tomb Raider 1 would have benefited from this system greatly.

Mangar The Dark
29th Sep 2005, 13:20
Personally I can't wait to leisurely take in the surroundings, stroll in the locale....

The odd thing is, this article makes it sound like you can do that sort of thing, but previous articles emphasized that the game will be much more action oriented. I wonder which is correct? I'd prefer this approach of exploration over nonstop action, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.