PDA

View Full Version : Forum Reorganization - Tomb Raider Series Forum List

MattD
23rd Aug 2005, 21:54
As most probably already know, there is going to be a reorganization of the forums. It is scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday, August 24th.

For more information on what is going to be changed, here is a list of the new Forum set up for the Tomb Raider series.

The Rules
For easy reference, here are the Eidos Community Terms of Use. Please be familiar with the rules so that you can avoid being banned.

Tomb Raider Legend
Come here to talk about anything related to the new upcoming game featuring Lara Croft, Tomb Raider Legend!

Tomb Raider – General Discussion
Come here to talk about anything related to the Tomb Raider series!

Tomb Raider – Level Editor Forum
This is the place to discuss anything related to Tomb Raider custom levels, or the Tomb Raider Level Editor.

Tomb Raider – Technical Forum
Having technical problems with a Tomb Raider game? Come here and someone might be able to help you.

Tomb Raider – Archive
Can’t find and old thread? It might be in here.

Hopefully you guys like all the changes. The official thread for discussion on the Forum Reorganization in general is here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=53051)

Trinity34
24th Aug 2005, 00:09
what about help for older games, shouldn't there be a forum for this? You can put TR1 - TR6 in there.

Rose662
24th Aug 2005, 00:24
what about help for older games, shouldn't there be a forum for this? You can put TR1 - TR6 in there.

I agree. Some of us are still playing those - some for the first time.
Please keep the help forum for those.

MattD
24th Aug 2005, 00:44
Right now most of the help threads are located in the Story So Far forum. I saw a few mixed in with the Community Chat as well. (Not that many) I would assume that getting help for a previous TR game, could be handled in the General Discussion forum.

General Discussion can be anything about the Tomb Raider series, so asking questions about those games definately falls into that category.

Do you guys think that would work?

Trinity34
24th Aug 2005, 00:58
Do you guys think that would work?

Nope. :)

Actually, if some people do need help with the older games they might be inclined not to ask because usually there is no forum for game help... general discussion, to me personally, is not for help its more for chat or discussion.

EDIT: Where's the TR movie forum? :D :p Did you see that a new TR movie rumor has appeared? http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=52829

MattD
24th Aug 2005, 01:23
What about if the description of the forum was changed? Or there could be a sticky that includes rules for the General Discussion forum? One that states that topics of help can be included into the forum.

It seems to me that I have seen a lot of help topics in the other games General Discussion forums. (Or if there isnt a General Discussion, the forum that is closest to its description.) Which is why I was inclined to include them with the General Discussion.

However, I would like more people's input on this. If people feel that another forum would be needed, specifically for game help, an exception could be made.

Sophia Leigh
24th Aug 2005, 02:41
What about if the description of the forum was changed? Or there could be a sticky that includes rules for the General Discussion forum? One that states that topics of help can be included into the forum.

It seems to me that I have seen a lot of help topics in the other games General Discussion forums. (Or if there isnt a General Discussion, the forum that is closest to its description.) Which is why I was inclined to include them with the General Discussion.

However, I would like more people's input on this. If people feel that another forum would be needed, specifically for game help, an exception could be made.

At first I liked the sound of combining the Story So Far with Community Chat but the more I think about it, the more I believe it should be left as it is. Trinity34 makes a good point.

Adding to the description of a combined thread could work but I think the way it is at the moment is more user-friendly and more "tidy".

Trinity34
24th Aug 2005, 03:05
How about a "Game Help" forum that includes Legend also? So it would be...

The Rules
TR Legend
TR Game Help
TR General Discussion
TR Archive

I dunno... just a thought.

Sophia Leigh
24th Aug 2005, 03:17

The Rules
TR Legend
TR Game Help
TR General Discussion
TR Archive

:thumbsup: that sounds good, oh and don't forget Level Editor ;) .

GoranAgar
24th Aug 2005, 03:43
When the forum was called "Tomb Raider Legacy" (which still is my favorite forum title, but it is too close to "Legacy" now) people were able to recognize it as the forum to choose to get help for the older games. They still picked the right forum when we renamed it to "The Story So Far". I am having a hard time to imagine they would ignore "Tomb Raider General Discussion" especially when there is no real alternative. The forum description should take care of this.

I also believe that a forum called "Game help" would even seperate the people that need help from the people that can give help.

So maybe all we need is a catchier title. Any ideas?

GiaZ
24th Aug 2005, 04:39

The Rules
TR Legend
TR Game Help
TR General Discussion
TR Archive

I have to agree with Trin here. As a mod on a forum myself, I know how difficult it is to keep track of everything. By combining help with general chat, I personally think threads for help will get lost in the mix. You need the separation. First thing I look at here is people posting for help. Then I see what people are chatting about in general.

And yes, you definitely need to keep the Level Editor board. That is what keeps TR alive between games for all of us.

GoranAgar
24th Aug 2005, 05:07
I really do not see it. If you look at the "Tomb Raider: The Story So Far" forum, what do you see? I see a mixture of game help and other Tomb Raider related stuff. And as far as I can tell it works fine here. But now you are saying it does not?

And yes, of course we will keep the Level Editor forum.

Solange
24th Aug 2005, 08:00
The reason why there are other discussions in the "story so far" forum is because people tend to open threads like "do you prefer Winston's pants in TR 1, 2 or 3..." and similar topics in that forum, as it is now being used for "general discussion" about the older games. The current com. chat. forum is a mixture of non TR related topics, news and those kind of threads. It would serve the forum purpose better I think, if the more playful threads were in a "general discussion" forum, and not mixed with the help threads. Much easier for people who can help, to find the urgent and sometimes desperate threads... :) If the "help forum" is less cluttered, it will also be easier for help seeking people to see if that problem has been discussed recently.

So I agree with Trin and Mum. It would be great if there is a proper help forum, and the other discussions are kept in general! :thumbsup:

CyCro
24th Aug 2005, 08:36
I agree that a dedicated help forum is necessary. If anything, maybe it's better to make the TR Game Help and the Technical forum one, than Game Help and General Discussion. :)

DKSM
24th Aug 2005, 13:35
I don't see what's wrong with the current situation. Looking at the 'The Story So Far' forum, I don't see topics getting lost in the mix at all. Topics asking for help get a reply in a decent amount of time.

If I were to agree on some sort of seperation between the help topics and others, I would say it would be best to stick the general topics in this forum, although that would probably be an extremely tedious adventure to embark on.

MattD
24th Aug 2005, 20:57
For now, I changed the "Story So Far" forum to a "Help Center" forum, as most of the posts in that forum were help related. If people would like to see other changes to that format, that is completely up for debate. Whatever the community wants to meet its needs can be arranged.

I haven't done major changes to the stickies in each forum, so moderators feel free to move the threads around as you see fit.

Solange
24th Aug 2005, 21:02
It looks very nice Matt! :)

I think this solution is great, less cluttered, less forums to keep track on, yet a forum for each topic type! :thumbsup:

Good work! Now go home, open a beer and put your feet high and relax! :D

dhama
24th Aug 2005, 21:35
And nice to see Tomb Raider back in it's rightful place again; at the top. :thumbsup:

Trinity34
24th Aug 2005, 22:45
Thanks Matt :)

Sophia Leigh
24th Aug 2005, 23:54
Great job Matt! The forums are looking great :)

suzieq51
25th Aug 2005, 02:37
And nice to see Tomb Raider back in it's rightful place again; at the top. :thumbsup:
LOL, my thought too when I logged on today.

Solange
25th Aug 2005, 06:53

LOL, my thought too when I logged on today.

Same here! :D We rule! :D

Trinity34
25th Aug 2005, 23:46
I was just thinking... where is the TR Hottub Forum? http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forums/graemlins/jumper.gif

imported_Mark_
26th Aug 2005, 00:32
Well, I just know where is the TR hot tub chat... :D ;)

CatSuit&Ponytail
26th Aug 2005, 07:31
I was just thinking... where is the TR Hottub Forum? http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forums/graemlins/jumper.gif

I haven't made it public yet. :p

DKSM
26th Aug 2005, 12:03
I haven't made it public yet. :p

Is it hidden along with the Breakfast Forum? :p

And possibly that School place too. And if I remember correctly, I mistook the Hot Tub for the School and came underclothed for class. Thank goodness the old Eidos Forums archives aren't available anymore. :D