PDA

View Full Version : Forum Reorganization - Thief Series Forum List

MattD
23rd Aug 2005, 21:52
As most probably already know, there is going to be a reorganization of the forums. It is scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday, August 24th.

For more information on what is going to be changed, here is a list of the new Forum set up for the Thief series.

The Rules
For easy reference, here are the Eidos Community Terms of Use. Please be familiar with the rules so that you can avoid being banned.

Thief: Deadly Shadows
Come here to talk about anything related to the latest installment of the Thief series!

Thief – Missions Forum
This is the place to discuss anything about Thief Original Missions (OMs) or Fan Missions (FMs)

Dromed Designers Corner
This is the place to discuss the use of Dromed, the Dark Engine editor.

Thief – General Discussion
Come here to talk about anything related to the Thief series!

Thief – Technical Forum
Having technical problems with the game? Come here and someone might be able to help you.

Thief Archive
Can’t find an old thread? It might be in here.

Hopefully you guys like all the changes. The official thread for discussion on the Forum Reorganization in general is here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=53051)

Peter_Smith
25th Aug 2005, 07:48
Hi Matt,

First, no I didn't know about this. Kindly introduce yourself to us, especially us moderators. Are you our new admin? If so, great.:) We have been going for a long time without having someone to contact.

Second, there is an error in the caption for Thief General Discussion. It reads the same as Techincal.

Peter

BrokenArts
25th Aug 2005, 11:42
Hello.

Thief General, talk about anything related to thief huh. Isn't that a bit restraining, only talk about thief. Should also be about life too, since it was that way before.

I like the old name of the forum better

ChristineS
25th Aug 2005, 12:23
Hello - there is an error in the Dromed Forum, it is spelled Theif - Dromed Designers Corner ;)

MattD
25th Aug 2005, 16:37
Thanks for the error catches guys. They have been fixed. For the life of me, it seems very much harder to type "thief" than it is to type "theif." My fingers do not obey. :)

And yes, I am the new admin. So I will be the contact guy to go to. There was an intro thread in the Community Chat forum, and I intro-ed myself in the Announcments thread as well. But I don't have a problem doing so again.

-Official Introduction-

Hi

Alright now that is covered, about Off-topic discussion in the General Discussion rooms. The idea behind the General Discussion forums, is so that a community can be built around a specific game. Off topic conversation is supposed to occur in the Community Chat forum. Now with that said, I don't see a problem with having some topics unrelated in the forum. I'm not here to be uber strict. I would prefer to have the topics in general around the game, but one here or there won't hurt anything. I would just prefer the Community Chat people to have more people in it, to boost their conversations/topics, rather than have 10 small communities that have a few topics that die out.

Hope that makes sense, and nice to meet you all.

Peter_Smith
26th Aug 2005, 00:54
Matt,

In some cases, speaking for myself, we are somewhat insular and do not check outside the Thief forums. Is there life outside Thief? :D

Glad to have you aboard.

Peter_Smith
26th Aug 2005, 01:14
Alright now that is covered, about Off-topic discussion in the General Discussion rooms. The idea behind the General Discussion forums, is so that a community can be built around a specific game. Off topic conversation is supposed to occur in the Community Chat forum. Now with that said, I don't see a problem with having some topics unrelated in the forum. I'm not here to be uber strict. I would prefer to have the topics in general around the game, but one here or there won't hurt anything. I would just prefer the Community Chat people to have more people in it, to boost their conversations/topics, rather than have 10 small communities that have a few topics that die out.

Hope that makes sense, and nice to meet you all.

It makes some sense, but I think it is not completely realistic. In the past mostly, and even now, we have had a tight knit group of people here, and the Crippled Burrick, like any good pub, was a place for friends to go and chat. People have brought up things here, such as their personal experiences and problems, that I think they would never bring up in a more public forum in which most of the people are strangers. Personally, I would like to keep the Thief General Discussion (former Crippled Burrick) more or less the way it was and give people a choice of where they post. As a moderator, I will not discourage comeraderie so long as forum rules are obeyed.

The new name itself may tend to cause the migration you want. I don't think we need further enforcement.

Chiefdreams
26th Aug 2005, 01:40
Bull. I needs me coffee's.

Big Thief Fan
6th Sep 2005, 13:24
Hey guys im new to this but not new to the Thief games... anyway i just wanted to know if any of you heard anything about a new thief coming out.

littlek
6th Sep 2005, 15:46
Bull. I needs me coffee's.

What Chief said...

AND....we want the "The Crippled Burrick" back. Some taffer took the sign! :mad:

Big Thief Fan
6th Sep 2005, 16:15
That little girl that trys to steal from you... doesn't she look like the little ghost girl you help.

bravus
24th Oct 2005, 20:25
Big Thief Fan:

(1) wrong thread
(2) a spoiler

This is a hugely helpful community, but try to post questions in the right thread, and try not to give away important things about the end of games, since not everyone will have finished them.