PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars game begins loading and then "drops"

miguelc
22nd Aug 2005, 22:40
I have just purchased a new computer HP Mediacenter, a1140n, with the Intel graphics graphice adapter. I downloaded the 3dAnalyzer and selected the appropriate options, and then my kids could play the game all day yesterday.
Today, my kids tried to enter and the first screen with nvidia logo appeared, and then when the history letters appeared, the program closed itself...

That happened several times, and I suspected about Norton Suite, so I reinstalled the computer again and did not install the Norton Suite. However, now the same problem is happening, and I have no idea why it was working yesterday and not today...

I'm not sure if I purchase a new graphics adapter it will work properly.. and my kids were very excited to play this amazing game... it's frustrating..

Any clue ? :mad:

jaywalker2309
24th Aug 2005, 21:46
If you buy an nVidia or ATI graphics adapter you will not have any issue with the game (as long as its not a GeForce MX - which is not compatible)

Find a card in your budget and write it on here and i can advise you if it will be okay or not

Shaw
10th Sep 2005, 09:01
Your problem sounds similer to mine. The 3d Analyzer worked great day one then stopped day two. After much mucking about I discovered the problem only happens when i switch the computer off. There is a work around and it's a pain. You have to unistall Lego starwars and reinstall it. then run 3d again. You do not lose any saved game position. Not ideal but you can still play the game.

nickdrums
2nd Jul 2006, 23:03
I am having exactly the same problem. Game works fine after install, but once the PC has been powered down, the game crashes just after the nVidia splash screen, while the initial Star Wars music is playing. Interesting to note that the music plays at this point, but the normal graphics (i.e. Star Wars logo and top level menu) do not appear.

First encountered the problem today, and have brought graphics card (Radeon X1600 Pro) drivers right up to date, but it was the re-install of the game which cured it.

Surely there is a better work-around than a re-install?? As the problem is solved by re-install, then it must be a config issue with the game, and not a driver or system issue at all??

What do tech support think?

I am running XP SP2 on a P4.

nickdrums
9th Jul 2006, 21:51
No response from tech support, but I found the answer on another post in this forum.

If this error occurs, delete file c:\Program Files\Giant\Lego Star Wars Game\SWLEGO.BIN

The game will now run normally.

I have set up a batch file to delete the file and then run the .exe

merquisez
4th Jan 2008, 13:19
You are a lifesaver Nickdrums! I love this game and it ticked me off when it crashed after the invidia screen. Why would someone stop supporting a game so quickly?

Thanks buddy.
May the force be with you.... Always!

brighteyes12
17th Feb 2008, 15:42
The same thing happened with my computer, and what nick said helped, but when we took the cd out and reinserted it the same thing happened. How do we fix this?

coridan
22nd Feb 2008, 22:26
You need to disable autoplay on your CD rom. should be able to do it through the control panel/system if you can't do it there you need to do it in the regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom
autorun regdword i believe its set to 1 and you need to change it to 0.

Be sure to backup your registry before doing this... blah blah...i take no responsibility for any changes you make in your registry.

I had this problem and with the deleting of the .bin file and disabling autoplay my son can play the game fine