PDA

View Full Version : Stat Editor Program finished!

Icanus
21st Aug 2005, 18:34
I've now finished my stat extractor/importer (well the first version of it, anyway - more stuff is planned as soon as I can figure it out)

It's now online at TAFN (http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/commandos/scripts/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=68)

basically it allows you to extract the stats to text files, edit them, and import them back into the game.

sick
21st Aug 2005, 18:57
Nicely done, mate!! :cool:

officerpuppy
21st Aug 2005, 19:39
Thats pretty cool, I think it could be the start of a ton of "realism" mods to come our way.

Nahirean
21st Aug 2005, 20:34
I've now finished my stat extractor/importer (well the first version of it, anyway - more stuff is planned as soon as I can figure it out)

It's now online at TAFN (http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/commandos/scripts/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=68)

basically it allows you to extract the stats to text files, edit them, and import them back into the game.

Icanus:

You are a god.

moetman
21st Aug 2005, 21:05
What a great effort, good work,

Is there a entry for unit sizes ?

Nahirean
21st Aug 2005, 21:13
Icanus,

I hate to say this man, but this does not work at all. I cannot make any changes without it crashing the game as soon as I go to select units in my quick game.

Ugh this is insane. I can't make *ANY* changes to these files without it completely crashing. Did you test this before you released it? What am I doing wrong here?

Nahirean
21st Aug 2005, 21:53
Icanus,

I hate to say this man, but this does not work at all. I cannot make any changes without it crashing the game as soon as I go to select units in my quick game.

Ugh this is insane. I can't make *ANY* changes to these files without it completely crashing. Did you test this before you released it? What am I doing wrong here?

Well I think I may have figured out part of the issue here.

Even when I import the text files back unchanged into the .dt format, the file size increases. Won't this cause a crash? If I understand correctly, there changes have to be implemented exactly..

Icanus
21st Aug 2005, 22:41
Nahirean:
Something that could be causing problems is if modelocombate.dt is set the read only (right click > properties to check). I've sent a PM with some more details, and if you can send me the corrupted dt file I'll try and figure out what's going wrong.

Charging into melee:
From what I can see, the AI does some calculating of its chances before deciding what to do, so making the unit worse at combat should make it charge less often (At least, it works that way with shooting - I tested making a unit have 100% resistance to ranged attacks, and the AI wouldn't fire at it at all).

Changing Unit Size:
The first 4 variables are to do with unit size. basically to change the unit size set the VidaTotal and VidaActual variables to be 100 x the number of soldiers, so 7000 would be 70 men. See statguide.htm included with the editor for details.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I'll be working on a more comprehensive (and hopefully less error prone) version asap.

Nahirean
21st Aug 2005, 22:52
Nahirean:
Something that could be causing problems is if modelocombate.dt is set the read only (right click > properties to check). I've sent a PM with some more details, and if you can send me the corrupted dt file I'll try and figure out what's going wrong.

Charging into melee:
From what I can see, the AI does some calculating of its chances before deciding what to do, so making the unit worse at combat should make it charge less often (At least, it works that way with shooting - I tested making a unit have 100% resistance to ranged attacks, and the AI wouldn't fire at it at all).

Changing Unit Size:
The first 4 variables are to do with unit size. basically to change the unit size set the VidaTotal and VidaActual variables to be 100 x the number of soldiers, so 7000 would be 70 men. See statguide.htm included with the editor for details.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I'll be working on a more comprehensive (and hopefully less error prone) version asap.

That worked. Oh my god, it BLOODY WORKS.

I just lengthed battles between units SIGNIFCANTLY!! THANK YOU SO MUCH ICANUS!!

MAXB
21st Aug 2005, 23:55
When I enter 3 (create text file from current DT file) it says its working but the screen keeps flashing. How long should it take? This has been going on about 15 minutes.

moetman
21st Aug 2005, 23:58
Everyone.. share your .dt files !

Icanus
22nd Aug 2005, 00:03
When I enter 3 (create text file from current DT file) it says its working but the screen keeps flashing. How long should it take? This has been going on about 15 minutes.
Should be no more than a few seconds, so something's obviously going wrong. if you close the program manually, has it created text files in the unitdata folder at all, or failed before creating them?

Have you unzipped the whole contents of the zip file into your Imperial Glory\Game\Gamemodes folder? (it needs the unitdata folder included in the zip file to put the text files into).

moetman
22nd Aug 2005, 00:11
Mine crashes as well with a file size of 33.8 kb . the changed .dt is not read only. I was changing the file sizes in cav-Hussars from36 to 66

Any ideas ?

MAXB
22nd Aug 2005, 00:30
ok, it worked. did'nt realize where it was sending info. Not sure why it flashes though. Anyway, thanks. Time to tinker with some stats.

Nahirean
22nd Aug 2005, 00:38
I've completed my MOD for Imperial Glory! But there's ONE problem.

In really big battles - the timelimit can now BE a problem! Anyone know how to disable time limits? If so I can release this.

MAXB
22nd Aug 2005, 02:25
This program is great! Thanks! I just had a battle of epic proportions. This program is going to make this game really cool!

Nahirean
22nd Aug 2005, 02:33
Just so you folks know:

I am going to post a public version of my mod probably sometime tomorrow evening.

Nahirean
22nd Aug 2005, 03:15
Update.

Thanks to Icanus my mod is complete. I will be play testing it after work.

From the first glances, you guys are going to LOVE this. Picture piles of dead soldiers, long lines of muskets firing off going on for 10-15 minutes!!

Picture MELEE fights that last long and look real!

Posting tomorrow after playtesting.

MAXB
22nd Aug 2005, 04:21
Correct me if Im wrong, but from the testing I have been doing, 3600 men per side is all you can field. Game crashes if more than that, at least for me it did. 3600 men per side (7200 total) is still a pretty intense battle.

officerpuppy
22nd Aug 2005, 04:36
How did you get around the time limit?

moetman
22nd Aug 2005, 04:50
Then why the hell is mine crashing ? Is anyone here having this problem ? I only altered one field ,

1088 uUnidades: 66 * number of soldiers in unit

can someone send me theirs ?

MAXB
22nd Aug 2005, 05:00
368 uValTropa: 100 * health per soldier
372 uUnidades: 200 * number of soldiers in unit
376 um_VidaTotal: 20000 * Total Health of unit
380 uVidaActual: 20000 * Current Health of unit

try this on light infantry and see if it works for you. any infantry will work. i think your numbers are wrong.

moetman
22nd Aug 2005, 05:36
Yea I tried that, just what Icanus said in his userdata file, I tried something though: I packed a new .dt file with unaltered stats and it still crashes so I'm thinking either the program is packing it incorrectly , maybe something like a Big Endian / Little Endian thing or a Euro/US version problem.

I don't see why it should crash. who's having trouble and which version have you got ?

I 'll try again when Nahirean releases his .dt

MAXB
22nd Aug 2005, 06:05
Perhaps its not the program at all. Have you tried altering anything else manually without the program like the population percentage change on a hospital for instance. I did that wrong earlier and it casued it to crash. just a thought.

ST0MPA
22nd Aug 2005, 08:41
Update.

Thanks to Icanus my mod is complete. I will be play testing it after work.

From the first glances, you guys are going to LOVE this. Picture piles of dead soldiers, long lines of muskets firing off going on for 10-15 minutes!!

Picture MELEE fights that last long and look real!

Posting tomorrow after playtesting.

come on Nahirean, stop hogging it already, give it out, release the beauty. :eek:

moetman
22nd Aug 2005, 20:57
Nahirean:
Something that could be causing problems is if modelocombate.dt is set the read only (right click > properties to check). I've sent a PM with some more details,

What are these 'more details' ? I'm having trouble getting this happening

Icanus
22nd Aug 2005, 21:36
The PM was Just a few more suggestions as to why an error might have occured in importing the data - checking whether any changes had been made to the layout of the text files (it's very delicate at the moment, and will mess things up if it doesn't follow the format: Byte# TAB Variable_Name TAB TAB Value. I also asked what version of the game is being run (I've only tested the editor with the patch).

I'm working on a new version to try and fix the errors that people have reported so far (the main addition being a log file which will make it easier to figure out exactly where and why things have gone wrong), as well as some better error checking throughout the process which will exit gracefully with a warning message telling you what went wrong, without ruining your DT file.

I've also discovered that importing the 2 variables for disabled actions, even if they are unchanged, creates odd behaviour in campaign mode (some units appear, but are unable to shoot, charge or enter buildings). The new version will sort this out. (in the meantime, the rather laborious solution is to manually edit out the lines containing these variables and then import into a "clean" dt file.)

I'm also looking at the seperate dt file for automatic battle resolution, which seems to be a duplicate of the main one. If it does turn out to be identical, I'll set the program up to update both.

Version 0.8 should be ready in a day or two.

Nahirean
22nd Aug 2005, 21:39
The PM was Just a few more suggestions as to why an error might have occured in importing the data - checking whether any changes had been made to the layout of the text files (it's very delicate at the moment, and will mess things up if it doesn't follow the format: Byte# TAB Variable_Name TAB TAB Value. I also asked what version of the game is being run (I've only tested the editor with the patch).

I'm working on a new version to try and fix the errors that people have reported so far (the main addition being a log file which will make it easier to figure out exactly where and why things have gone wrong), as well as some better error checking throughout the process which will exit gracefully with a warning message telling you what went wrong, without ruining your DT file.

I've also discovered that importing the 2 variables for disabled actions, even if they are unchanged, creates odd behaviour in campaign mode (some units appear, but are unable to shoot, charge or enter buildings). The new version will sort this out. (in the meantime, the rather laborious solution is to manually edit out the lines containing these variables and then import into a "clean" dt file.)

I'm also looking at the seperate dt file for automatic battle resolution, which seems to be a duplicate of the main one. If it does turn out to be identical, I'll set the program up to update both.

Version 0.8 should be ready in a day or two.

Whoa? You mean everything we've done won't work in campaign mode?

moetman
22nd Aug 2005, 21:42
I've managed to get it going just by using a hex editor .

Good job Icanus with being the only one bothered to go through Pyros .dt cpp code . You've done a lot of work ! Hats off

Icanus
22nd Aug 2005, 23:17
Whoa? You mean everything we've done won't work in campaign mode?

As it stands, no, the starting units come up as they should be, but units built after the campaign starts have all their actions disabled.

The next version of the editor (in the next day or two) will fix it, but I've figured out a workaround in the meantime:

1. mod everything to your satisfaction; looks like you've done that already - looking very nice (I'd back up the text files too, just to make sure you don't accidentally extract new ones over them)

2. go through the text files and remove all the lines with uFlagsAccDisIni: and uFlagsAccDis:

3. replace your DT file with an unedited backup

4. import your text files with the offending lines removed.

That should sort it.

Sorry for the inconvenience - I tested briefly with campaign to start with, but because there's no problem with the starting units I only found this bug today when I played for longer.

Irish2
23rd Aug 2005, 00:04
Nice job...Now can we get the AI in campaign mode to change its build criteria. I.E., Much less militia and more elite units. Can we also chang the amount of research that the AI does. I.E., have it advance ages quicker.

Thanks.
Irish

Sir Crow
23rd Aug 2005, 01:18
Is there a 'setting' to get rid of those orange circles at thier feet?

moetman
23rd Aug 2005, 02:07
Isn't there a texture you can scrub to get rid of their circle feet ?

officerpuppy
23rd Aug 2005, 03:30
Yes there is, I've seen it a few times in the files, I'll try and whip up a quick mod for you and anyone else who feels the same about that circle.

Sir Crow
23rd Aug 2005, 14:48
Thanks m8, they annoy me for some reason like those green triangles in RTW.

Queeg
23rd Aug 2005, 18:55
Great work, Icanus!

Nastavnik
23rd Aug 2005, 21:37
Indeed, great work Icanus! :thumbsup:
I've just tried it, and it works great: I could increase the number of men and cannons in the units, and the range of cannons. It's great.
However, there is something I don't understand: it seems that once I use the modified dt file, I cannont use the ctrl and +/- to lower the speed of the game anymore. Have you noticed any thing like this? or is it just me mishandling the files :confused:

Icanus
23rd Aug 2005, 21:44
I've just tried it, and it works great: I could increase the number of men and cannons in the units, and the range of cannons. It's great.
However, there is something I don't understand: it seems that once I use the modified dt file, I cannont use the ctrl and +/- to lower the speed of the game anymore. Have you noticed any thing like this? or is it just me mishandling the files :confused:

Not encountered this myself.

The most likely thing I can think of is that you might have replaced modelocombate.dt with the one from within data.pak? if so,
the dt file for the patched version of the game is in data1.pak, so extract that, then re-import you text file data.

Also, have you installed Berdan's skin pack? Someone was saying they had the same problem after installing that.

Nastavnik
23rd Aug 2005, 21:57
Thanks !
I think that's it.
When I restarted the game, somehow it was v1.0! (I still have that exe on my folder, under a modified name), but my shortcut points to the v1.1 exe. So, something happened there...

But you're right, I used the data.pak and not the data1.pak.
Thanks again!

Once more, great work!

I'll try correcting it tomorrow, it's midnight here and the little wife is preparing for somekind of insurrection, if I don't show up right now ;)

Emperor of the French
24th Aug 2005, 07:18
Does this tool require replacing files within data.pak or extracting the files from data.pak before being operational?

Nastavnik
24th Aug 2005, 09:51
As far as I understand, you dont need to replace anything: just extract the contents of the data.pak (actually data1.pak if you play the patched version), ("extract here" --> so it doesn't create a "data" folder with all the contents). Then you just follow the steps in the read me file.
There is no need to recreate a data.pak with the modified files. The game seems to work fine with everything decompressed. The program will automatically replace your combate.dt file with the new values you entered in the .txt files it has extracted. It is actually pretty easy to use.

Icanus
25th Aug 2005, 00:50
Just to let people know, the new version of the program (0.8) is now online at TAFN (http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/commandos/scripts/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=68)

New features:

Automatically creates a backup in the unitdata folder if there's not one already there
Checks the filesize of the DT file at startup and exit, and restores the backup if it isn't correct.
No longer exports the Actions Disabled variables which were causing problems in campaign mode
Keeps a log of actions to make tracking down any problems easier
lots of error checking throughout the program, so that if it fails to open a file for reading or writing, the log can tell you what went wrong.

I'm now working on the damage amounts, which are stored in a different area of the file. Hopefully this will be in version 0.9.

moetman
25th Aug 2005, 02:51
Keep up the good work.

Gunfreak
25th Aug 2005, 08:39
to all you that have maniged to change the units size, do you also get a CDT when you order your tropps in squere formation?

Lakefather
25th Aug 2005, 09:20
to all you that have maniged to change the units size, do you also get a CDT when you order your tropps in squere formation?

This happens to me, I am currently using unit sizes of 180 but I might try other sizes. I have also noticed some other things about the units stats.

1. You can't increase health (though this isn't really a problem)

2. The reload time seems to have no affect on artillery but the ranges do, i'm guessing that reload relates to the soldiers attack and not the cannon.

Gunfreak
25th Aug 2005, 09:45
i tried using 160 and 120 both crashes when i go to squere,

Eruan
25th Aug 2005, 11:30
I am not looking forward to altering unit sizes, but if say I simply modify attack numbers, so that all nations are not the same, will it work? :o

Icanus
25th Aug 2005, 13:44
I am not looking forward to altering unit sizes, but if say I simply modify attack numbers, so that all nations are not the same, will it work? :o
Unfortunately all the nations use the same set of stats, so if you alter, say, Black watch, the changes are also applied to all the elite infantry (French Imperial Guard, Russian Ismailovski Guard, Prussian and Austrian Royal Guards).

Even the spanish Guerillas use the same stats as Riflemen. The only "Unique" units which have seperate stats are the camel-cavalry for the arab nations, and the British rockets.

I'm going to experiment with adding in an entirely new unit, though without getting into the .mng file (which, as far as I know, has no information on its format publicly available) it probably won't be possible.

Mike_B
25th Aug 2005, 16:22
I'm going to experiment with adding in an entirely new unit, though without getting into the .mng file (which, as far as I know, has no information on its format publicly available) it probably won't be possible.

Then I gave good news for you mate: copy/paste from TAFN site (http://www.tafn.info) & "post your modding questions here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=52493)"

------------------------------------------

Just got a mail from the IG Producer which included this from the Lead Programmer.

I send to you a piece of source code that people can use to learn how the MNG format works. It is a piece of incomplete code, so they won't be able to compile it. However they will be able to extract enough information to create a application to edit the MNG format.

Also in the zip file there is a text file ("ExportacionModeloGestion.txt") explaining the MNG format, the only problem is this file is in spanish, so someone should translate it.

Get the source code here (http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/commandos/scripts/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=70).

Icanus
25th Aug 2005, 16:54
Great stuff!

I'll start looking into it properly as soon as I have some free time. Cheers, and big thanks to the guys at Pyro.

Nastavnik
25th Aug 2005, 17:21

I have all infantry (except militia) to 100, and in the last battles the square formation worked fine. :)

Nastavnik
25th Aug 2005, 17:22
And Icanus
the stat editor is really great now (it was a little boring to go erase all those disabling lines) :)
Thanks!

moetman
25th Aug 2005, 20:47
Long Live Pyro !! and Imperial Glory.

Angelus888
26th Aug 2005, 01:16
My infantry is 120 and my cavalry is 72. I went back to my campaign and obviously the units I already trained were 60 or under.

In battle, ONLY the cavalry and artilery would fire/attack. No infantry in my army or the enemy army could attack in any way.

Nastavnik
26th Aug 2005, 08:16
I had the same problem at first
Have you erased the the action disabling lines (2 lines per level of troop type)? The exact name of the lines to erase was posted in the first page ih this thread). Once I did it, all worked fine.
This is true for the first version of the stat editor. Supposedly the second one doesn't cause this problem (as it doesn't edit the lines that cause this malfunction).
To solve my problem I had to restore my original combate.dt file then remake the modifications I had done. It all depends on which version of the program you are using
Hope this helps

Angelus888
26th Aug 2005, 09:10
Hi. I remade my changes with the latest version and the stats show up as opposed to dashes so I assume it works now. The problem I now have is that new units are all still at 60 and not 120 like my starting units.

Nastavnik
26th Aug 2005, 09:21
Hi.
That's strange.
Have you changed all there was to change? (totalvida, etc?)
Had you restored the original combate file? When I used the new version of the program on my already modified .dt file, it would still not work. My best guess is the disabling lines had been modified and since the new version does not extract them, you cannot erase tham anymore. After restoring the combate file, I remade the cha,ges, and it works fine. I have even changed stats for cannons during a campaign, and when I went back the saved game would allow me "restore" these units to their full size (from 3 to 5) thanks to the field hospital.

Lakefather
26th Aug 2005, 12:23
I have all infantry (except militia) to 100, and in the last battles the square formation worked fine. :)

I've just tried this myself and it does indeed work. Since yesterday I have been playing around with different unit sizes and it seems that the game does not properly support unit sizes over 100.

MAXB
26th Aug 2005, 16:08
It does support unit sizes over 100. I have made units up to 200. The maximum amount of men you can put on the battlefield, however, is 7200 (both sides combined).

Lakefather
26th Aug 2005, 16:46
It does support unit sizes over 100. I have made units up to 200. The maximum amount of men you can put on the battlefield, however, is 7200 (both sides combined).

Sorry, I ment without the game crashing when putting units into square formation. The game only seems to support a maximum of 100 units before it crashes when you form a square.

MAXB
26th Aug 2005, 19:09
Havnt tried the square yet. If, however, I find it does indeed crash in square formation, you probably should be able to reduce the number of men to 100 in each unit but increase the number of units on the field. This way you can still put the maximum number of soilders on the field. Will have to try it. From what I can tell, the game doesnt care about how many battallions are on the field at once, only how many men are on the field at once.

Nastavnik
27th Aug 2005, 09:30
Havnt tried the square yet. If, however, I find it does indeed crash in square formation, you probably should be able to reduce the number of men to 100 in each unit but increase the number of units on the field. This way you can still put the maximum number of soilders on the field. Will have to try it. From what I can tell, the game doesnt care about how many battallions are on the field at once, only how many men are on the field at once.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. How do you increase the number of battallions on the field. I thought they were limited by the max number of captains/generals in a region and them by the max number of battallions under that commander (3,4 or 5). Can you increase that somehow? or are you talking about something completely different and it just me who didn't get it? :o

Angelus888
27th Aug 2005, 18:08
The game crashed when I went into square with 120 people. It looks like the batallion maximum is 100 men. Does anyone know how to increase this?

ThomasLongbow
29th Aug 2005, 22:56
unrelated question, in the artillery txt'x does the whole, musket range line work the same way fro arty as it does inf, ie increasing it increases the range of arty?

ytareh
29th Aug 2005, 23:00
Yeah I think so Thos Longbow...

ThomasLongbow
29th Aug 2005, 23:07
1 more question how does the uModDanDis: (ranged damage modifier) work?, same question with the other 2 modifiers :P

Icanus
29th Aug 2005, 23:24
1 more question how does the uModDanDis: (ranged damage modifier) work?, same question with the other 2 modifiers :P

I'm not entirely sure myself, except that higher numbers = more damage. There's a seperate set of data for amounts of damage inflicted, according to how many men are in the unit, and the range. this is the same for all infantry, with another set for all cavalry, but seperate stats for artillery types (This data isn't exported by the current version - it should be sorted for the next one)

The uModDanDis would seem to be a bonus amount that a particular unit gets, but whether it's a "real" number for the binus damage, or a percentage I'm not entirely sure. (probably a percentage, as otherwise even the best units would get less than one extra kill per volley)

for reference, a unit of 60 men does between 1000 and 1300 damage per volley at close range, 500 to 700 at medium and 300 to 400 at long range.

I'm also not sure of the exact workings of the accuracy ratings (though they are the same at all ranges by default). I guess it's a percentage of the total damage that actually gets inflicted.

ThomasLongbow
29th Aug 2005, 23:32
well I altered the line infantry's ranges slightly then completely dumber down the accuracy values, I fought

100 man line infantry, 15% accuracy at 65 meters (up from 60) vs 1 unit of militia, default stats

1st volley at max distance.... 3 kills... :) 2 second pause.... a longer reload feels more realistic to me

2nd 25% accuraccy volley had to be mid range as I'm sure they weren't within 20 meters and killed 7

militia reached line infantry before 3rd volley was fired, and was subsequently overwhelmed by my linemen in melee., so its seemed a bit better. my close range is set at 50% accuracy

---------

Default 60 linemen vs default 60 militia

1st volley max range 7 kills
2nd volley mid range about 10 kills :(
close range volley 15 or so. so it seems to be having a serious affect, one which I like

a general modding question, is there a way that I can make other empires make less militia and more of the actual rifle/musket infantry? also i know there's a post on it somewhere as to how to prevent automatic melee when unit are in close proximity

joxer31
13th Sep 2005, 18:55
I dont have the folder Game at all. Did a fresh install and still no folder. I just extracted the files into the same spot where I found the .dt file in hopes this worked all the same

Tried the mod anyway to change my unit numbers and failed.

I ran the program and changed the numbers in the folder unitstat and the exported the files again. Didnt work. I did a direct copy and paste of the .dt file in the unitdata folder and pasted it over the .dt folder which was just in the root folder Imperial Glory.

Going to check the log file but in case I find nothing. . .

Guess my question is, has anyone be able to do this with the American version?

Mike_B
14th Sep 2005, 09:18
I dont have the folder Game at all. Did a fresh install and still no folder.

Did you extract the data.pak file?

britishjohn
14th Sep 2005, 09:24
I dont have the folder Game at all. Did a fresh install and still no folder. I just extracted the files into the same spot where I found the .dt file in hopes this worked all the same

Tried the mod anyway to change my unit numbers and failed.

I ran the program and changed the numbers in the folder unitstat and the exported the files again. Didnt work. I did a direct copy and paste of the .dt file in the unitdata folder and pasted it over the .dt folder which was just in the root folder Imperial Glory.

Going to check the log file but in case I find nothing. . .

Guess my question is, has anyone be able to do this with the American version?

I followed these instructions when I first wanted to mod:

A copy of Eidos's “Imperial Glory” is required.

If you have not used “Imperial Glory” mods before, please follow these simple steps prior to installing this mod.

Browse to;
...\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory

There should be a file there named “data.pak”

This file needs to be extracted using Winrar or a similar program.

Extract “data.pak” to;
...\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory\data

In the new “data” folder, there are seven folders containing the game data, (including the graphics.) Now copy all seven folders to ...\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory.

Lastly, rename the “data.pak” file to be “data.pak.bak”

Now you can use mods for “Imperial Glory” or even make your own. Of course if you have the 1.1 version of the game then you need to extract those files to and overwrite them on top of any files you got from data.pak. Then all you have to do is rename data1.pak to data1.pak.bak.

Icanus
14th Sep 2005, 10:33
Got there before me :)

I'll add something to that sffect to the readme on the next version (though it may be a while, as versin 0.9 has just gone up on TAFN (http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/commandos/scripts/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=68) ).

It fixes some typos, and has the damage and "Actions" variables included.

There's a guide to modding the actions in the included HTML file.

There's a file for damage for all infantry (inf-damage.txt), and another for all cavalry (cav-damage.txt). Each of these has a set of values defining the Maximum and Minimum damage amounts for different ranges and different numbers of men.

The artillery damage is per cannon, and is included in the relevant artillery stats files.

joxer31
14th Sep 2005, 13:06
Will now be counting down the hours here at work till I can try all of your suggestions. 8h54m. :)

joxer31
15th Sep 2005, 11:07
Well, downloaded WinRAR and installed. Added. data.pak to my archive and then extracted. Everything looked good until I looked in my data folder after it was done. Saw 1 file, data.pak. No folders, nothing else except another data.pak. Thought that was quite humerous. Must be doing something wrong, dont know what but something.

joxer31
15th Sep 2005, 11:16
Ok, now I feel really stupid. Of course that is the only file when I compress it, then try and extract it into my folder. Never just extracted the file directly. :o

Hope everyone gets a chuckle. :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Godkin
15th Sep 2005, 13:52
Got there before me :)

I'll add something to that sffect to the readme on the next version (though it may be a while, as versin 0.9 has just gone up on TAFN (http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/commandos/scripts/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=68) ).

It fixes some typos, and has the damage and "Actions" variables included.

There's a guide to modding the actions in the included HTML file.

There's a file for damage for all infantry (inf-damage.txt), and another for all cavalry (cav-damage.txt). Each of these has a set of values defining the Maximum and Minimum damage amounts for different ranges and different numbers of men.

The artillery damage is per cannon, and is included in the relevant artillery stats files.

That's great :thumbsup: . Thank you for your great work! I think you should start a new thread to anounce it's release instead of getting buried deep :) .

joxer31
15th Sep 2005, 16:09
Ok, I have my seven folders, have extracted the mod file into Game folder. Ran the program to create text files.

Made 1 change, increased the unit size for Black Watch to 100, increased health to 10000 and current health to 10000

Save the text file.

Ran the program and uploaded the text files back into the DT.

Closed the program.

Started Imperial Glory

Began a quick battle with all guard units, black watch, imperial guard etc.

Units still size 60.

I have 4 ModeloCombat.DT files.
1 is a backup I have stashed away.
1 is in the root directory of Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory
1 is in Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory\Game\Game Mode
1 is in Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory\Game\unitstat

Its all very confusing. I must be dense about something. :confused:

ytareh
15th Sep 2005, 18:59
Did you try a "historical battle" or actual"quick battle"?There are four or five experience levels and you have to set eg unit size to 100 for each one.In historical battles most units are Not at experience level one.If you just changed level one only "Quick battles will show your changes.ALso are you doing that stuff with press 2 or 3 to save settings etc.I found pre patch game easier to mod.Consider reinstalling without patch.Typing in all those changes does take a lot of time.....

joxer31
15th Sep 2005, 19:29
I am doing post patch mods, I followed britishjohn's advice for post patch modding by overwriting the folders with what was extracted from the Data1.pak file and renamed it data1.pak.bak.

I only changed the lvl 1 black watch part because it does take a long time to do them all. But I made sure in my QUICK BATTLE that I only had lvl 1 units so I know its correct. Will try again after work. I just want to make sure my steps are correct.

gogerl
17th Sep 2005, 20:02
how much RAM do I need or how much would u recommend, in order
to use the mods, like 200 gunmen and 200 horses and 20 cannons, without
laggs?
and is it important to ve a big amount of free space at the hard disc,
when i am playing IG?

regards gogerl

Icanus
18th Sep 2005, 00:58
I am doing post patch mods, I followed britishjohn's advice for post patch modding by overwriting the folders with what was extracted from the Data1.pak file and renamed it data1.pak.bak.

I only changed the lvl 1 black watch part because it does take a long time to do them all. But I made sure in my QUICK BATTLE that I only had lvl 1 units so I know its correct. Will try again after work. I just want to make sure my steps are correct.

The most likely problem is that your ModeloCombate.dt file (the one in the Imperial Glory\Game\Gamemode\ folder) is set to "Read Only" (I believe all the files stored in the pak files have this setting by default when they are extracted).

Godkin
18th Sep 2005, 05:08
Hi Icanus :

With your new editor I enable all infantries to form square at the very beginning of the game. Now we can see AI churns out lineinfantries like hell,which partlly resolves militia issue. :thumbsup:

Deaden
20th Sep 2005, 22:20
i have a problem i downloaded the programe and i unziped it then i did the command like 2 then edited the units stats now what do i do?

Icanus
21st Sep 2005, 11:28
i have a problem i downloaded the programe and i unziped it then i did the command like 2 then edited the units stats now what do i do?

Once you've edited the text files, open the program again and this time choose option 3 - Import data. This should add it back into the game.

Alternatively, I've just released the first version of a proper editor (also hosted at TAFN), which allows
you to change the stats directly rather than importing/exporting text files (this is just the first version, so it's slightly behind the text-file extractor in terms of some of the features, but should be much simpler to use).