PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to change inital starting units?

MAXB
21st Aug 2005, 01:13
Does anyone have an idea or know how to change the initial starting units of each country? I would like to do away with militia altogether if possible. I was able to sustitute their icon with a rifleman icon but that doesnt help much. Sure would appreciate anybodys help. I did set the priority for each country to build militia to 0 but I would prefer to do away with them altogether. They are little more than pests and Im tired of fielding elite soilders against AI armies consisting mostly of worthless militia and cannon. Im going to have some cool battles if I can figure this one out.

efthimios
21st Aug 2005, 01:18
How did you disable the militia?

MAXB
21st Aug 2005, 01:22
Well, so far, I havnt been able to disable them completely. I just set the building preference of each country to zero for militia when constructing armies. They still build them but later on Im hoping they stop. Would prefer to take the option away altogether.

edou20_nl
21st Aug 2005, 13:30
changing the preference to 0 . they will build militia at the begin anyway because they dont have anything else to build, but i think they will not build so much of them later, already played a while with militia preference 0.2 and they build lesser but did not get far in the ame yet.

MAXB
21st Aug 2005, 16:32
Well, my hope is to get rid of the militia altogether. I figured out how to replace their icons with other units but they still come out on the battlefield.

efthimios
21st Aug 2005, 16:53
But how? and where are these options/preferences you are talking about????

OldBean
13th Sep 2005, 12:06
I would like to add more starting units. This may be in the .MNG file. Has anyone gotten to the point of figuring how to modify this file? I think it has all kinds of goodies in it. :rolleyes:

Mike_B
13th Sep 2005, 12:32
I think it has all kinds of goodies in it. :rolleyes:

I put a translation (http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/commandos/scripts/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=78) of the documentation on our site and it looks like it holds a lot of data. I'm currently busy with translating the comments in the source code and I've asked our site programmer to have a look at it and see how it can be edited.