PDA

View Full Version : A devastating shock for Kurtis lovers

star girl
19th Aug 2005, 14:33
Yes, I've found out something that'll be quite relieving for Kurtis haters, and vice-versa for Kurtis lovers. I'm 80% sure Kurtis WONT be in the next game. The rest 20%, I can only tell after Legend is released. Here is something old I found, but might register what I've stated above.

ADRIAN SMITH ON THE FUTURE OF TOMB RAIDER

Core Design boss Adrian Heath-Smith has sensationally revealed details on the future direction of British aristocrat Lara Croft and the Tomb Raider series: "The story in The Angel of Darkness has been really important for us, it's been argued that there's maybe too much story in this game. The reason is that we decided we'd do more than one game from the get go, rather then one new game and then go 'guess what guys, you've got to do another one'.".....

The link is given below:-

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tng/futuregames.html

A little about Kurtis they mentioned, and a reminder to those players who forgot him:-

Enter Kurtis - "We introduce Kurtis quite early on and he's very much the protagonist at the beginning on the game. He's always one step ahead of Lara, he's in the cafe when Lara walks in, or he's on the other side of the river. Eventually they get together and they work together and you get to play as Kurtis. At this point, you get all the pieces of the jigsaw. You discover he is the last descendent of an organisation called the Lux Veritatis, which translates as 'light of truth,' a religious group that have been the Cabal through history. The Lux Veritatis knew what the Cabal wanted. They all have a special ability and have chosen to wage this war against the Cabal because ultimately the Cabal wants to bring back the Nephilim. They want to put themselves into higher order, a new race if you like, that is going to rule the world and we're all going to be doomed. Kurtis has turned his back on all this. Then his conscious leaves him. He's the only one in the world that knows the secret history. He takes it upon himself to take on the Cabal and Eckhardt."

And here is the shock:-

What next? - "So you've given Karel all the pieces he wants and now he's gone. That then becomes the beginning of the second game. And there's a bit of a twist. I don't think people will see the Karel thing coming from anywhere because there's no reason for it. But he shows himself at the end and to just really confuse everybody we've said that the Nephilim are shapeshifters. So the way he shows himself to Lara is by changing through the various people who have come up to Lara throughout the game and have told her what to do. Throughout the game, that was Karel manipulating her path. The reason he was doing that was because he wants the painting. No one has been able to find them other than Lara, so he manipulated the whole situation. He Lara at the beginning so she was accused of murder, he wanted the painting so he got Lara to look for them. Eckhardt's a great baddy, but at the end of The Angel of Darkness to all intents and purposes he's killed. So he's actually gone. Karel isn't, he shows himself to be a Nephilim, he escapes and there's no way of killing him."

Kurtis Doomed - "The last time you see Kurtis he's collapsed on the floor, injured. He's being considered for the second game and could be a really big part of it, but ... if he stiffs and people really hate him, potentially he could be dead. I hope not though, because there's already a part written for him in the second and third games. That's why Lara collects Kurtis' Chirugai weapon at the end of The Angel of Darkness. The give-away is that it glows, showing that he still has power and so that Kurtis could be alive. Will Lara get to him in time? You'll have to wait and find out! In the second game Lara goes to the Nephilim stronghold under Cappadocia. The whole game is under Turkey in Cappadocia. Lara finds some secret passage and that's where the Nephilim race were, that was their stronghold. She's given Karel everything he needs, so he's gone back there and is starting something that Lara has to stop. We never really wanted to reveal the Nephilim in their true form. We showed the Sleeper, but that's as much as we ever wanted to show of them. What we're actually doing now for the second game is designing the whole Nephilim race: what do Nephilim look like? You'll have to wait and see..."

SO here's my conclusion:

Eidos has fired Core, and this person is from Core's company. The story can be changed, since Core's out and a fresh start with a new Lara. Crystal Dynamics might not continue AOD.

It is mentioned above that in the second AOD game, Lara will be in Cappadocia, but she is somewhere in Hong Kong and Tokyo in Legend (says tomb raider chronicles). The second game was meant to be in Cappadocia, it isn't so that means they will not be continuing AOD.

Sad isn't it? *sob*

star girl
19th Aug 2005, 14:52
info on Legend, fresh from chronicles:-

It has been confirmed that NO innovations from The Angel Of Darkness, including the strength upgrades and Kurtis, will appear in TRL. This chapter is regarded as a fresh start for the franchise.

Fantastic news about Legend:-

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/synopsis_01.html

xbaa
19th Aug 2005, 19:11
I think Kurtis will be better off in his own game , it will probably be a great competition against games such as Psi-Ops or the second sight or maybe TombRaider!

star girl
20th Aug 2005, 13:09
I think Kurtis will be better off in his own game , it will probably be a great competition against games such as Psi-Ops or the second sight or maybe TombRaider!

Maybe, okay, will you buy it? I will.

xbaa
20th Aug 2005, 19:17
Sure I'll buy it If there will be an xbox version