PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 3 poll

Unstoppable
16th Aug 2005, 01:51
Hello lets take a poll on Deus Ex 3.

Eruan
16th Aug 2005, 20:21
I hated Invisible War at first, but I played it so many times that I actually like it. Shame they removed the attribute points, and it was really stupid that there is a SINGLE ammo for all weapons :confused: And that the aim was always perfect. It was still fun to command bots sometimes, and kill some allies :D

binaryboy
22nd Aug 2005, 12:10
People are a little too hard on Invisible War. Compared to the original hardly anything can look good. Sure there were some bad design decisions, but it still has enough of the original stealth gameplay and freedom to be more fun than any of the mindless shooters flooding the market. A game half as good as DX:TC is still twice as good as any other game.

Let's not forget that the game is visually impressive as well. What other game did shadows and physics as well as DX:IW at that time? There are games released this year that look cartoonish next to DX:IW.

Bio Denton
8th Sep 2005, 12:20
You're posting in the wrong forum to be giving DX2 plus points :p

Mars
9th Sep 2005, 20:40
I sure hope there will be a Deus Ex 3.
After playing so many games,I know it's still the best. The storyline sucks in DX IW, when you know about Deus Ex 1. But otherwise I don't know of any game these days THAT good. :thumbsup:
PLEASE MAKE A THIRD DEUS EX!!!! :o

Aszrayel
10th Sep 2005, 03:53
A third Deus Ex game would be awesome :thumbsup: . The Deus Ex series has been one of my favorites. I keep going back to playing through Deus Ex: TC and Deus Ex: IW as I have done just recently :D . Although I do play on my computer as well as on a console hopefully there is one in progress with the new generation consoles coming out? If not, I think that the Deus Ex series would be a great addition ;) .

marker227
16th Dec 2005, 03:55
Oh yeah. The game was so amazing. I loved it so much, but I never got time to finish the last part of the game :(.

Fuchikoma
16th Dec 2005, 06:06
I would rather that they remake Invisible War and just pick the Illuminati ending for continuation. Invisible War hardly felt like you were involved in a conspiracy when no one was actually out to get you like they were in Deus Ex.

It's still nice to be able to pick sides, but if they're going to actually make another game, lets just make everyone want to stab you in the back when they're finished using you.

~¤Psychotic¤~
18th Jan 2006, 06:03
I want them to make a Deus Ex 3. That would be some major ownage.

badassco
25th Jul 2007, 17:40
The first game was awsome (ranks right up there with half life). The second was no slouch either. Definitely make # 3

DukeNukem101
26th Jul 2007, 18:30
Think about it guyz........yeh it would be great if they made Deus Ex 3 but what would the storyline be?

i reckon they messed up on deus ex invisible war ending

primer
27th Jul 2007, 20:17
I thought JC Denton in the first game was for the right way, being a special agent with augmentations. In the 2nd one he was not to ruin it for anyone. Different. What can happen in the third one. :scratch:

gareis
28th Jul 2007, 02:53
The first game was futuristic, but heavily grounded in a familiar reality. The second game was further into the future and necessarily less grounded. The third will be more cyberpunk still. This is a strong disadvantage.

Apollonius
8th Oct 2007, 06:48
Woooooot! Deus Ex 3 in the works!!!! That rocks!!! So excited!!!!

I need to go change my underpants now...

Just a bit of a suggestion, how about avoiding some of the (reported) dissapointments of previous releases and include a discussion specifically for fans to give opinions about what kind of things they'd like to see included in the new sequal. Much like what happened prior to the new Transfomers movie where fans could vote on stuff and share ideas. Just look at how much of a success that turned out to be for them.

Deus Ex has quite a big fan base, and it would be nice to be included or at least have some effect on what goes into the game (without spoiling the plot of course). Even if its just general things like skill development, augementation suggestions and conventional ammunition.

Just a side note, a way of bringing back conventional ammunition in the game could be to have them available on the black market in order to avoid disarming or 'weapons being locked up' in parts of DE IW such as some of the pubs, etc.

Anyway, best of luck to the writers and development team and hope all goes well! Really looking forward to hearing more! :D

Grox
9th Oct 2007, 14:06
Why does DX3 have to be farther in the future? It could start another ten days after the end of DX1, or even ten minutes. Just because Bob Page's plan to merge with Helios and take over the world with the Grey Death didn't succeed, doesn't mean there aren't other dangers and evils in the world for JC to face right after escaping the ruins of Area 51.

Apollonius
12th Oct 2007, 03:13
not a bad point, could even explain a bit more about how JC got into the situation that he did in IW as well as other events that occured after the end of the 1st game... i'm just still excited about the idea of DE III! :D

I also read that there were plans 4 a movie but they got scrapped :-(

Grox
13th Oct 2007, 04:57
Who knows, maybe the movie plans will come back if DX3 sells well enough.

I'm not especially looking forward to that, though. Movies inspired by video games are usually bad.

CodenameD
14th Oct 2007, 04:50
Okay, so whoos developing DE3? Epic?

Agent707
16th Oct 2007, 01:17
DX3 will be welcome in my house... I haven't seen a good game in some time now.

Won't take much to impress me now-a-days.

I have played few games "all the way through" more than once... DX1 is the ONLY game I have played through more than twice... I lost count at 7 or 8.

I stopped playing it once I got a flat panel... as it just looks too bad on it.
SCREEN DOOR all the way through.

Who knows, I might dig my old 21" CRT out of the closet so I can play it again.... if they don't come out with something good soon. :(

Spc
27th Nov 2007, 19:53
I hope DeusEx 3 will be like Deus Ex 1..
It doesn't need a full ultra extreme graphics .. just a very good story.
:)

In my opinion Deus Ex 1 is the best game ever even half life is behind .. because everything said in first deus ex has gone true.. global surveillance, echelon, invisible wars, 9/11, goverment corruption.. .. etc.. deus ex 1 was all about the truth in the world that was hidden.

IceBallz
28th Nov 2007, 06:09
I hope DeusEx 3 will be like Deus Ex 1..
It doesn't need a full ultra extreme graphics .. just a very good story.

In my opinion Deus Ex 1 is the best game ever even half life is behind .. because everything said in first deus ex has gone true.. global surveillance, echelon, invisible wars, 9/11, goverment corruption.. .. etc.. deus ex 1 was all about the truth in the world that was hidden.

You really said it, like i should say it. The Deus Ex 1 rocked, not for the grafics. But for the gameplay and feeling in game and gameplay. Like the idea i give to the producers to Stalker. That it should be some sounds, when you go into and touch on bushes. Just that little tiny little sound idea was a great hit in gameplay feeling. A tiny little program line to make a lite easy sound.

Like as the new crowd program that Eidos are using in Assasins Greed. Could be a real nice thing to paste into Deus Ex 3. But just keep down the shaders,shadow quality and other "super" grafics. Then but some more effort to give us huge maps. Like a growded Twin-Towers with lots of floors and people, like a example. Still the grafics are not the point in Deus Ex, it never was from Deus Ex 1. The point was just the feeling set to the size of game of it self. One thing that it should be is 3D and very interactive.

AND OFCURSE THE STORY IT SELF !!! Deus Ex 1 really had a story that maked you intrested in the game. The original inventory menu that you could look into. Hacking doors and boxes with hacking tools. Lock-picking with the locktool. The secret passes in game, of no shooting. Just be like a shadow.

So. Grafics = Not so imported ( So long it stays 3D )
Size = Huge facilities ( Loads of people )
Ways = Hacking tools and lock-picking ( A must )
Story = Like Deus Ex 1. Something that are happening today. Like 9/11 and the connection to Medeval and Knights Templars.
Bohemian Temple. The Bush family connections to Hitler in WW2 and just more. It's just to research and use Google :) .
Just keep the story inside our time, but keep the player and his crew unhuman.

Spc
28th Nov 2007, 14:25
Well Deus Ex 1: The Conspiracy was a story.. a story what will happen after year 2000 and allmost everything came true.
It's something like a zeitgeist movie .. so it's all about the story and for people to see the naked truth what's happening in the world today..
Illuminati, Masonry, Echelon, Global Surveillance, Blaming it all on terrorists, forgery.. etc etc .. this was the main story in the Deus Ex 1.
So DeusEx 1 is not about a game .. or graphics.. it's about the truth.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/ (Watch whole movie .. you will not regret it .. because it's based on Deus Ex 1 and it ends with the Deus Ex 2 ending.)

For me a good story or real story and adventure feeling is better than super duper graphics ..

So i should say..
Welcome to the Deus Ex Age .. we're allready living in it.

... and Warren Spector knew this .. that's why he created Deus Ex 1 .. to warn us .. what will come to us in future .. that's the message in Deus Ex1 and purpose of Deus Ex 1.
You'll also notice that Original DeusEx 1 CD Disc is WITHOUT any protection from copying it to a hard drive or new CD .. you'll wonder why..
The answer is: They want all the people to see the truth even if they pirated DeusEx.

Best thought in DeusEx.

If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.
- Voltaire (1692-1778)

humbug
1st Dec 2007, 23:25
Thanks for the link Spc, a very interesting film indeed.

VoRaDoR
2nd Dec 2007, 23:31
One of the best news I heard in the past few weeks. Deus Ex is a Legend. It is where RPG innovated.

Eidos needs titles like Deus Ex, HITMAN, Legacy of Kain to make good money.
Now hopefully Eidos will also make a new Legacy of Kain game too.

walton simons
3rd Dec 2007, 21:46
yeah,i know the first Dx was the best one,but i really liked invisible war,i know (not long enough,not enough mods) but it was still pretty good. and i sure hope that eidos montreal can keep sheldon pacotti and sarah paetsch on as lead writers,they are great. when ion storm canned Dx3,it was supposed to be a prequel. and the new trailer mentions the year 2027,so it must predate the first Deus ex,interesting? hey,maybe it is the same story that sheldon wrote before ion storm imploded? oh,cool!

Dave W
3rd Dec 2007, 22:33
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/ (Watch whole movie .. you will not regret it .. because it's based on Deus Ex 1 and it ends with the Deus Ex 2 ending.)

Based on Deus EX 1? It's based, if anything, off the film "America : Freedom to Fascism". Although it's really based on what they pieced together from quotes and such to come up with a conspiracy.

Freddo
4th Dec 2007, 22:23
Despite the shortcomings of the Deus Ex sequel, the series still have a ridiculously large potential. I just hope they manage to grasp it for Deus Ex 3.

Rosenrot
18th Jan 2008, 10:11
Well Deus Ex 1: The Conspiracy was a story.. a story what will happen after year 2000 and allmost everything came true.
It's something like a zeitgeist movie .. so it's all about the story and for people to see the naked truth what's happening in the world today..
Illuminati, Masonry, Echelon, Global Surveillance, Blaming it all on terrorists, forgery.. etc etc .. this was the main story in the Deus Ex 1.

For me a good story or real story and adventure feeling is better than super duper graphics ..

So i should say..

... and Warren Spector knew this .. that's why he created Deus Ex 1 .. to warn us .. what will come to us in future .. that's the message in Deus Ex1 and purpose of Deus Ex 1.
You'll also notice that Original DeusEx 1 CD Disc is WITHOUT any protection from copying it to a hard drive or new CD .. you'll wonder why..
The answer is: They want all the people to see the truth even if they pirated DeusEx.

Best thought in DeusEx.

- Voltaire (1692-1778)

Dear god, and to believe i was going to become an FBI agent, hahah watching that film makes me want to grab my girlfriend and run off to some mountain, where society can't mind control us. World leaders are natzi scum.. I think DX3 should hint to Zeitgeist or reference it, just to show that conspiracies can be real.

minus0ne
18th Jan 2008, 19:33
Dear god, and to believe i was going to become an FBI agent, hahah watching that film makes me want to grab my girlfriend and run off to some mountain, where society can't mind control us. World leaders are natzi scum.. I think DX3 should hint to Zeitgeist or reference it, just to show that conspiracies can be real.
If you don't want to be mind controlled, just throw out your television (or just stop watching FOX, CNN, MSNBC etc. and stop reading/listening to anything Rupert Murdoch), it does a surprisingly good job of "mind control" (ie controlling public opinion). The US has become a country with 10 pundits to every citizen, telling them what to think, how to vote, what to fear and what to buy. Just read a good newspaper and form your own opinion. You don't need to buy a ****load of guns and move to some survivalist mountain town to escape the "coming new world order", just accept you're already living in a less obvious and less romantic version thereof and turn off your frickin' TV ;)

I browsed through zeitgeistthemovie but quickly gathered it was yet another pointless and mis-informed (not to mention poorly executed) 'Loose Change 287th edition'. If you want to be well informed about the events leading up to the world we now live in, I suggest seeing some Adam Curtis documentaries (such as The Power of Nightmares and The Trap: What Happened to Our Dream of Freedom). At the very least he's well-informed, does his research, lets both parties (and both extremes) have their say and out of that, presents a crystal clear conclusion. TPON is available in DVD quality at www.archive.org, the others you'll have to find yourself.

That said, DX simply re-iterated Orwellian (amongst others) ideas and did so very symbolically. I think it's clear there's a huge difference between the actual United Nations and DX's fictional UN, which is how it should remain. DX very plausibly mixed real world events and history with fictional elements, but it should never serve as a WARNING. Please remember we're talking about a game, yes a very good game, but a game nonetheless. In DX, the political and sociological philosophy and dialogue served the story and the game world - in other words, it made the game world seem almost plausible, which made the game that much more fun. Games should immerse, challenge and entertain, but not warn. At least not Deus Ex 3. Principally it should be a good GAME, not a warning of the dystopian futures that await us (we'll have to actually use our own brains to do that).

G.A.Pster
28th Jan 2008, 01:05
Of course it’s my second favorite game! though I’m leery after Invisible War.:confused:

Unstoppable
28th Jan 2008, 02:29
Wow I created this topic close to 3 years ago. Who revived this thing.

G.A.Pster
28th Jan 2008, 02:41
Not me, I’m only posting on stuff from the first page of threads.

dxfan94
31st Jul 2008, 13:52

So i should say..

Best thought in DeusEx.

- Voltaire (1692-1778)

Ah finally someone gets it. Thank u soo much for this