PDA

View Full Version : Having a blast

efthimios
15th Aug 2005, 00:08
So I started a new game as France at hard. With some changes, no initiated by me diplomacy and no building of diplomatic buildings anywhere. I do not try to annex minor countries. I play trying to conquer the "world" but it is not as easy as with diplomacy. I am getting at war all the time and I don't think there have been more than 3 turns without me in one. I control the two northern spanish provinces and getting ready to capture their capital. The southern province is owned by Portugal. Currently I am at war with all the minor neighbours apart from Helvetia. I was in big trouble earlier when I was also at war with Austria. At one point I had only Ile de france while I had british troops on brittany, batavian on the north eastern province, Spanish on the southern and Piedmont troops on the south eastern. Austria has expanded a lot, controlling most of central and eastern europe including the province next to the capital of Russia. UK is barely managing to hold on its own since it is under constant attack by Austria which invades via Norway. Two turns ago I invented the two lines formation and I am having militia for dinner. :-) The problem is that the enemy though still uses militia, it doesn't as much as earlier. All in all an exciting game so far.

screamingpalm
15th Aug 2005, 02:36
Congrats on finding some entertainment out of the game, sincerely. For me, I would play scored because conquering the world was both too easy and too unrealistic/cheesey, but would still have too easy of a time on hard difficulty. Like as it has been said before, if the AI would be competetive on research and build quality units it may be worth some time playing. Just my opinion, of course. For those serious about tactics, check out Les Grognards- I anticipate this to be THE GAME for Napoleonic warfare.

Imagine playing Borodino on your pc with more units (like 50,000 soldiers) than a skirmish ala IG.

edou20_nl
15th Aug 2005, 14:07
try changing the ai , by giving more percentage to others units to build then militia. i changed some things with help of some posts in forum and is very dificult to anex now , only by improve relations uk still gets some countrys, i modified the ships they build , i put more percentage on line ships then frigates an a little to sloops, try editing some things it gets more interesting :thumbsup:

Captain.Crunch
16th Aug 2005, 11:22
So I started a new game as France at hard. With some changes, no initiated by me diplomacy and no building of diplomatic buildings anywhere. I do not try to annex minor countries. I play trying to conquer the "world" but it is not as easy as with diplomacy. I am getting at war all the time and I don't think there have been more than 3 turns without me in one. I control the two northern spanish provinces and getting ready to capture their capital. The southern province is owned by Portugal. Currently I am at war with all the minor neighbours apart from Helvetia. I was in big trouble earlier when I was also at war with Austria. At one point I had only Ile de france while I had british troops on brittany, batavian on the north eastern province, Spanish on the southern and Piedmont troops on the south eastern. Austria has expanded a lot, controlling most of central and eastern europe including the province next to the capital of Russia. UK is barely managing to hold on its own since it is under constant attack by Austria which invades via Norway. Two turns ago I invented the two lines formation and I am having militia for dinner. :-) The problem is that the enemy though still uses militia, it doesn't as much as earlier. All in all an exciting game so far.

The game is not so bad after all is it :thumbsup: