PDA

View Full Version : Mod Suggestion for officerpuppy :-]

Sh!fty
15th Aug 2005, 00:08
I know your goal is to make IG more realistic and thus more interesting to play, I realised that with all your mods and especially your new smoke mod ;)

So...Here's a cool suggestion for the Land Battles...:
Make the volleys slower...I doubt that any battalion could've fired their rifles within 1 second...In IG it's like....ready aim fire and all that within 1 second...

Like the movie "The Patriot" for example, the volleys of a battalion sound like machineguns....and take like 5 seconds or more to fire. More like ready aim fire bang bang bang bang bang....Not just one big BANG and all 60 men have fired their muskets.

So please, can you make the rate of fire slower...this will enable the battles to last longer as well :D

Thanks and keep up your fantastic work!

-Sh!fty

officerpuppy
15th Aug 2005, 16:47
Thats not a bad idea, but what files would I have to look into for this? Any ideas?

Irish2
15th Aug 2005, 17:27
I know your goal is to make IG more realistic and thus more interesting to play, I realised that with all your mods and especially your new smoke mod ;)

Make the volleys slower...I doubt that any battalion could've fired their rifles within 1 second...In IG it's like....ready aim fire and all that within 1 second...

Like the movie "The Patriot" for example, the volleys of a battalion sound like machineguns....and take like 5 seconds or more to fire. More like ready aim fire bang bang bang bang bang....Not just one big BANG and all 60 men have fired their muskets.

So please, can you make the rate of fire slower...this will enable the battles to last longer as well :D

Thanks and keep up your fantastic work!

-Sh!fty

That will make militia and calvary even stronger if you lower the rate of fire.

edou20_nl
15th Aug 2005, 18:02
militia should be crap i think modifying the percent of the countries constructing militia (putting more percentage to other infantry)would make them not to build so much of this, hope so :)

a suggestion to a mod to make: make better canon fire sounds in ship wars, and some backgrounds sounds surely would be great

officerpuppy
16th Aug 2005, 04:39
I'll look into that ship sounds idea.

Update: I've completed a ships sound mod, including some new rain/wind/thunder effects. I'll submit it later today. I've also made some new music to go along with the new ship sounds but I cant seem to get it to work properly so I'll release the mod without the music for now.

Sh!fty
16th Aug 2005, 11:08
Any luck on the slower rate of fire thing?

Cro_Knight
18th Aug 2005, 03:58
the voleys are fine man sometimes i march my men into position then it takes awhile for them to stop kneel and maybe reload to fire i think its just fine

officerpuppy
18th Aug 2005, 04:48
Naval sounds mod is up.

http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/commandos/scripts/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=66

As for the rate of fire, I think thats beyond my knowledge of moding the game at the moment.

ST0MPA
18th Aug 2005, 06:55

-Sh!fty

Could i have a link to this new smoke mod...please :)

Sorry, found it

Deaden
2nd Sep 2005, 18:59
-Sh!fty

well not in my game it goes like this in my gameplay ready.aim...fire reload...(then repeat)

the . is a second so it take quit a long time for my men.

also i have seen a real musket fire befor but it takes 2 second to reload and only 1 to aim and fire.

Sh!fty
2nd Sep 2005, 21:01
Thats not what I mean!

The thing you're mentioning is just fine I know...But the FIRING..

All 60 soldiers pull the trigger at the same time and empty their muskets in like 1 second...

So 60 soldiers FIRING AT THE SAME TIME in 1 second is what bothers me...

Look at the movie The Patriot for example...It's more like this:

"FIRE!"

*bam bam bam bam bam*

And for like 5 seconds you hear something that sounds more like a machinegun than a musket...

Now THAT'S what I mean...

Get it now? :)

-Sh!fty

ST0MPA
3rd Sep 2005, 06:20
like a rolling volley,? but more of a disorganised, rolling volley :D

Sh!fty
3rd Sep 2005, 11:12
YEAH! :p

Whew! Breakthrough..

Beer anyone?

Kazahana
5th Sep 2005, 04:17
Why is it always unfound for the TAFN, is there another link I can use to download these mods?

Mike_B
5th Sep 2005, 09:53
Why is it always unfound for the TAFN, is there another link I can use to download these mods?

Site is currently down to domain change, we'll be back up by tomorrow.

Lt. Kyuzo
5th Sep 2005, 10:09
You can slow down the volley speed using icanus's (sorry if thats the wrong spelling) stat mod tool thing, there is another thread here that talks about slowing down the volley speed Here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=53291)

Deaden
20th Sep 2005, 06:12
If you could make a mod for me that turns the Rockets that only grate england can have into a ww2 howazar(you know were the baral is bolted down to a 3 in. steel plate and that is bolted down into a biger steel plate and theres 4 legs that go down when unlinbering the gun that levl it out when fireing and have it were theres only 1 in each group instead of 3 cannons and have 4 men maning itone for turning and hight 1 for loading and the other 2 for guards)but not so big and not as powerfull just a bit more range like say instead of 120 range have it 200? if you can i''d love it. :)

officerpuppy
24th Sep 2005, 04:31
Does anyone have a save game file from right before they have the choice of becoming a dicatorship or republic? I need save game file in order to test a mod out. Send me a PM if you can assist. It does not matter what empire it is.