PDA

View Full Version : This is bad

Psychonaut
13th Aug 2005, 14:54
I think this game is definitely on its way out, it's too bad cause now with the speed slider I really like the game, but this board is dead.
A game should not have so many dissatisfied customers, just look at this message board it's loaded with complaints and unhappy customers. I know that all games have people who will never be satisfied but this is way too many for it to be healthy. The silence and indifference coming from the developer is a sign that they don't care and have moved on. I saw something similar when Ion Storm released Deus Ex Invisible War(Eidos should remember, they published that little "gem" as well) They released a game that was pure garbage (I'm not saying that IG is garbage, I'm talking about the lack of support)and barely tried to fix it maybe it was beyond fixing but either way they did nothing for the customers, but shortly after that Ion Storm went out of business even though they released a fairly good game afterwards(Thief 3). I think that publishers and developers underestimate the damage that angry customers can cause.
I just bought a game called "Civil War Bull Run" by Mad Minute Games and the game is awesome it is a real time strategy game of the American Civil War. It is what IG was supposed to be (the battles that is,even though there is no pause/command the action is slow enough for it not to matter to me and that is usually a no buy for me) Furthermore if you look at their message boards I still have yet to find one negative feedback on the game, totally the opposite of this board. The feedback and support that the developers give to their customers is overwhelming. Go check it out just as an entertaining comparison.

Czar
13th Aug 2005, 15:06
Post a link!

But yeah, Developers and Publishers cannot afford to ignore customers.

If a Dev or two posted here it would help. Even if they did not agree with us and said "Look, we designed it this way because..."

Successful games these days tend to have active communities.

There will always be things that players want improved and changed - but if the Developers at least take an interest gamers will remain interested too. :)

Nahirean
13th Aug 2005, 16:45
Post a link!

But yeah, Developers and Publishers cannot afford to ignore customers.

If a Dev or two posted here it would help. Even if they did not agree with us and said "Look, we designed it this way because..."

Successful games these days tend to have active communities.

There will always be things that players want improved and changed - but if the Developers at least take an interest gamers will remain interested too. :)

I totally agree.

Psychonaut
13th Aug 2005, 16:56
Here you go,

http://www.madminutegames.com/MadMinuteBB/index.php

Don't be put off by the graphics, I was and I regret it because in the end they are not bad and it's gameplay that matters, the gameplay is truly awesome.

Queeg
13th Aug 2005, 18:12
I second the recommendation. It's a great game.

screamingpalm
13th Aug 2005, 22:30
I'll third that. Great game and the graphics are actually pretty good. Better than in the demo. You know a game is good when on the forums there are 22 topics in Rant & Rave (actually mostly raves :) ) and 149 topics on Strategy & Help. Looks like Les Grognards will be a similiar type of game, and with mp. *drool*

moetman
13th Aug 2005, 22:51
This is a perfect example of the growth by "Word of Mouth" of game software by developers who listen and support their community .. From a game that probably had a fraction of the budget of IG will reap in probably thousands ! I say sack the Pyro/Eidos marketing analysts (or whatever the hell they call themselves) who's support for their products stinks and get the developers in here to help and build the IG community and hence sales. A game can have life well after it's expected release window , people will buy a product if there are fantastic modifications to a game - Half Life is the prime example.

Moderators or People who are in touch with the Developers - It's time to get this game back on track !

Time is running out for Pyro if they want to be successful. They wont be able to carry the bag of dissatisfied customers. They can't take people for granted.

sondishG
14th Aug 2005, 10:34
hey! why havent i heard of that battle of bull game!?
it was released 05? :mad:

Psychonaut
14th Aug 2005, 11:02
Yes, it was released a few months ago.

moetman
14th Aug 2005, 21:02
Is it moddable ? Can you change maps , skins , stats etc ?

Psychonaut
14th Aug 2005, 23:06
It's moddable, You can't create new maps but you can create custom scenarios, I do know there are mods out for reduced fire, uniforms, flags etc.

Psychonaut
14th Aug 2005, 23:15
Oh, by the way the maps that do come with the game are enormous; I mean they are really big maps.

screamingpalm
15th Aug 2005, 02:26
I'm proud to say I have just recieved my Army commander promotion in Bull Run. Will be playing the game on a whole 'nother level now, excited to see how that will be. The division scenario for Beauregard was a lot of fun and quite challenging. Now will be enjoying a larger scale in tactics. Great game and lots of fun!

Queeg
15th Aug 2005, 03:04
I really enjoy the command and control aspects of CWBR. And the AI is very good, both friend and foe. There's just no experience like hanging on to a position by your fingernails, just about to give up, when up come reinforcements, just in time, just in the right place. CWBR nicely captures the ebb and flow of 19th century combat.

Czar
15th Aug 2005, 16:08
Here you go,
<link>
Don't be put off by the graphics, I was and I regret it because in the end they are not bad and it's gameplay that matters, the gameplay is truly awesome.

Thanks - yes I have seen it before but never played it (heard a lot of good things though :thumbsup:

Interesting thing about wargamers - you can get away with graphics that are not so good if the gameplay is up to scratch. :)

This game actually looks better than I thought - I'll look out for it, ta.

Sir Crow
15th Aug 2005, 23:46
I hope Pyro is looking at this thread, lol.

Psychonaut
16th Aug 2005, 02:10
Yeah I know what you mean about he ebb and flow of combat in Bull Run. I have been having a really hard time with the Evans scenario, last night I thought I nearly had the Union troops beaten. I had outflanked the first brigade that came up the hill and still had my brigade pretty much intact by the time the second came up the hill and I did pretty good with that one but my men started breaking after a while but then reinforcements came in on the right and from the rear and I thought I had them but the Union troops kept pouring up the hill, after a while I looked around and I had the last Confederate regiment left on the field, I was really outnumbered throughout the whole battle. They broke and that was it, Union flags everywhere, lost again. What a game!

Scar_Face
22nd Aug 2005, 07:45
i have but a few complaints about the game for them litteraly 5 seconds

i want ALL factions playable im sorry even if there just unlocked i don't care if peidemont was conquered relativly fast or is poor and has almost no hope i want that choice at least spain should be was in the war realtivly rich similar to france really only one province smaller 1 army smaller and likely per province a littler poorer oooo anyways :rolleyes: another complaint is that the mini nations be a little smarter talke steps to make them smarter then the empires but because the empire are just that (dont dumb anyone down to do this !) they wil win however we might see spain unite iberia and do some good or pediemnt conquereing the heleveation republic im not asking for them to be that good but just a lil succesful for the most part there just nussicances that sit three forever i know there supose to be nusicanes but a lil succeus with them is alot better hell i saw great britain obsorb 8 mini nations and those were the only ones fighting (peaceful obsorb) after that the camapgin got boaring

oh and the battles bigger that's it :P