PDA

View Full Version : Wich Catalyst does like the game?

zizzenet
12th Aug 2005, 07:45
Oh, I'm sad. I didn't play IG for many months, but it has ran very smoothly on my pc, i remeber it well. After the patch, i tried it again with pleasure. So, i installed Catalyst 5.7, and tha battles was a slide-project... oh non, no slide-project: i saw one frame for 3-5 seconds, and the game did not recognize my actions on keyboard, mouse. Then a step, a new frame and waiting again 3-5 seconds, a new frame etc. This is a bit worse than a slide-project, a slide-project means 3-8 FPS, but i saw only 0,3 FPS.
So, i tried all of Catalyst versions back from the 5.x series, but the situation was always the same. Only Catalyst 4.12 seems to be a good driver for the game, since i reinstalled it, the game runs smoothly again. But the 4.12 generates a bit worse quality, than the 5.x series.
So, my card is a Radeon 9800 Pro.

Which Catalyst does like the game really and usually?

efthimios
12th Aug 2005, 09:40
Hmm, I have no idea. I have a radeon mobility 7500 (notebook) and use the latest Compaq released drivers....1 or 2 years old now I think. The game runs great, strategic map and battle map. In fact with all the details up it runs so much better than RTW and say Generals that it surprised me (cause it also looks better IMO).
If your radeon is a mobility version, find the latest drivers from your manufacter, that might help. Also if all else fails try using (or stop using, depending on your case) Omega drivers.

zizzenet
12th Aug 2005, 09:49
Hmm, I have no idea. I have a radeon mobility 7500 (notebook) and use the latest Compaq released drivers....1 or 2 years old now I think. The game runs great, strategic map and battle map. In fact with all the details up it runs so much better than RTW and say Generals that it surprised me (cause it also looks better IMO).
If your radeon is a mobility version, find the latest drivers from your manufacter, that might help. Also if all else fails try using (or stop using, depending on your case) Omega drivers.

No, my Radeon is a "standard" VGA Radeon. IG runs much better than RTW, that's clear. But i don't understand, why IG can't run with Catalyst 5.x (like RTW:Barbarian Invasion demo, which i also tried, but this game can only run with Catalyst 4.12, too, as IG).

Wiltshire Tony
12th Aug 2005, 10:14
I also have a Radeon 9800pro. My drivers are the ones before the most recent.
Perfect graphics. everything set to the max.
But I do have a very good rig.

the zwickau prophet
12th Aug 2005, 11:35
Hello

I have an ATI Radeon 9600 XT (256 meg) and I have recently downloaded the most recent Catalyst drivers (5.7s) and my copy of IG runs fine. Interestingly though, I noticed some graphical glitches with the Rome: Barbarian Invasion demo. In short, I am not sure what to suggest - have you tired a clean install of the newest drivers, with all traces of old drivers removed?

zizzenet
12th Aug 2005, 11:48
Hello

I have an ATI Radeon 9600 XT (256 meg) and I have recently downloaded the most recent Catalyst drivers (5.7s) and my copy of IG runs fine. Interestingly though, I noticed some graphical glitches with the Rome: Barbarian Invasion demo. In short, I am not sure what to suggest - have you tired a clean install of the newest drivers, with all traces of old drivers removed?

I always uninstall a Catalys/Omega driver with its Remover, after this i reboot the machine in safe mode and use Driver Cleaner to remove all remained files, after this i reboot in normal mode and install the new driver and restart the computer to finish the installation. In my opinion, this is a very good and careful procedure :))

I tried drivers one after the other back in history (5.7, 5.6 etc.), and only 4.12 won.

the zwickau prophet
12th Aug 2005, 15:44
well, you have exhausted my possible explanations then, maybe someone more technically minded can step in. As I say I can run Imperial Glory fine, but have problems with the Barbarian Invasion demo :confused: