PDA

View Full Version : The cure for unsupported Napoleonic games.

5/77 Armd
10th Aug 2005, 16:54
I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this or not, as I've been inactive on this forum for awhile and have placed IG back on the shelf in disgust of the "patch."

This game looks like it'll take the Napoleonic prize:

http://www.battlefront.com/products/les_grog/index.html

...back to RTW.

5/77 Armd
10th Aug 2005, 17:02
Found in a Q&A session on their discussion forum:

Posted August 10, 2005 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Philippe:

Will it be possible to modify the graphics of the game?

For example, each regiment had slightly different uniforms. Will it be possible for users to make the adjustments to the uniforms and regimental flags so that all units of the same type do not look the same?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Response:

Within the OoB editor you can easily change the distinctive regiment colors on the uniforms on cuffs, collars, turnbacks and if applicable even the lapels. For hussars you can change dolman. pelisse and breaches as well.

Default is historical colors (at some time) for each regiment.

You will not be able to mod the flags though. Not within the editor and I doubt the code will be open. At least that was the answer some other guy got when he asked about it in the Histwar forum.

Queeg
10th Aug 2005, 20:56
I've been following Les Grognards for some time. Looks like Battlefront just picked it up, which I take as a very good sign. They make quality games and support them forever. [Insert your own Pyro/Eidos jab here.]

screamingpalm
11th Aug 2005, 01:56
Woot! Looks like they got a publisher, shouldnt be much longer to wait now. Been following this one very close for awhile now!

Gelatinous Cube
11th Aug 2005, 05:42
Wow, that's going to be way better than IG.

efthimios
11th Aug 2005, 10:22
Perhaps you guys should try Waterloo (the one based on gettysburg's engine, not the ancient text input game) and UMS. Old games but work great.

Lindkvist
12th Aug 2005, 11:04
Found in a Q&A session on their discussion forum:

Posted August 10, 2005 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Philippe:

Will it be possible to modify the graphics of the game?

For example, each regiment had slightly different uniforms. Will it be possible for users to make the adjustments to the uniforms and regimental flags so that all units of the same type do not look the same?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Response:

Within the OoB editor you can easily change the distinctive regiment colors on the uniforms on cuffs, collars, turnbacks and if applicable even the lapels. For hussars you can change dolman. pelisse and breaches as well.

Default is historical colors (at some time) for each regiment.

You will not be able to mod the flags though. Not within the editor and I doubt the code will be open. At least that was the answer some other guy got when he asked about it in the Histwar forum.

Just a correction. The textures e.g. flags can be moded. :)