PDA

View Full Version : Sensational new Legend cinematic

MissLara2U
9th Aug 2005, 06:09
Eidos has released a sensational new cinematic cut scene from the African segment of Tomb Raider Legend, Lara Croft's seventh outing now under the aegis of Crystal Dynamics. The stunning landscape and beautifully scored soundtrack compliments perfectly a positively polygon-dripping Lara Croft in what is sure to be Eidos' most-successful Tomb Raider title to date.

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/i/go_tombraiderlegend_2351.jpg

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/i/go.gif Download Tomb Raider Legend African cinematic (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/hdtv_movies.html)

Ann Hooven kindly spent five hours uploading this to our server yesterday evening, so in her direction your thanks should be sent.

M.

www.tombraiderchronicles.com
www.tombraiderforums.com

Trinity34
9th Aug 2005, 10:41
:)

You forgot to say it came from the US PSM magazine... ;) Can't download it now but will tonight. :)

Sophia Leigh
9th Aug 2005, 11:06
Trinity34 & MissLara2U, thank you as always :thumbsup: :)

GoranAgar
9th Aug 2005, 12:13
I won't watch it. Movies and games I do not want to know/see too much before I actually play or watch it.

But I will download it for later. :p

xbaa
9th Aug 2005, 12:59
WOW what a great improvement to the first trailer :) :) :)

MissLara2U
9th Aug 2005, 14:00
For some reason, Eidos seem unable to colour balance or polarise their screen shots or movie footage. I've just re-produced the movie and replaced the original. It should be more pleasing to the eye now.

I'll also upload a D-DVD version once demand has slackened off a bit.

M.

Johnny
9th Aug 2005, 15:32
I just noticed that the baddies disappear after Lara kills them. I had hoped they would eliminate that aspect after Angel of Darkness... :rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Johnno_86/baddy.png

Tipsko
9th Aug 2005, 15:39
It's good to see that they've fixed that awful bug with her jumping and grabbing ledges :) Thanks for sharing!

dhama
9th Aug 2005, 17:23
Don't know how many times i've got to say this, but I have 56k dialup and I get cut off after 2 hours.

It takes about 2 hour 30 minutes to download a file of that size, and your site won't allow download managers.

So what you gonna do about it?

MissLara2U
9th Aug 2005, 17:24
dhama. Download managers work fine. Try using Getright.

Ask politely and I'll create a smaller version just for you. Give me a thumbs down and you can check out the screen caps being posted online. :)

M.

MissLara2U
9th Aug 2005, 17:30
b/w I've just tried PMing you a direct link for your download manager, but you appear to have exceeded your INBOX quota for received PMs.

As you can see, I am trying to accommodate everyone.

M.

Acceber
9th Aug 2005, 18:47
:eek: Sensational! Amazing! Wonderful. Thank you, MissLara2U and Ann Hooven! :D

Our exchange was finally upgraded, so I was very happy to download the movie in around 5 minutes. I suffered enough under Dial Up: The Only Option, for too long. :p

Wow... the ponytail looks amazingly lifelike, swishing, flicking and swinging. I won't mind if it is the new only alternative to the french plait. And I'm delighted to see you can still make fun mistakes and fall from great heights without inflicting too much damage... and gun fights! :eek: again! I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one who just tries to run through those snappy slasher traps. They reminded me a little of the levels below the Hall of Seasons, in AoD. I died there a lot. :) :thumbsup:

I'll have to remember that sequence for when I come to play.....

Thank you! :)

dhama
9th Aug 2005, 20:48
dhama. Download managers work fine. Try using Getright.

Ask politely and I'll create a smaller version just for you. Give me a thumbs down and you can check out the screen caps being posted online. :)

M.

They don't seem to work from this PC, sorry, I thought it was your website limiting the downloads using such software.

Don't take the thumbs down so personally, I always thought they were used in an amusing and lighthearted way.

I've now cleared my PM box. :)

[edit] Sorry.. re-reading my post, it does look a little harsh, sorry about that. 56k downloads have been the bain of my life and consequently get very frustrating lol... ;)

MissLara2U
9th Aug 2005, 21:16
np. Check your PM. Direct link waiting for you.

dhama
9th Aug 2005, 22:16
Thanks mate :thumbsup: appreciated. :)

MillaFan
9th Aug 2005, 23:16
I'd like to make a formal request for a smaller version. 2 and a half hours is a little much.

Thanks to Ann Hooven, and in advance to MissLara2U.

Trinity34
9th Aug 2005, 23:57
did you guys see Lara's teeth when she looks at the waterfall? :D

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/3448/larateeth9dh.jpg

LaraAngelOfDarkness
10th Aug 2005, 00:50
did you guys see Lara's teeth when she looks at the waterfall? :D

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/3448/larateeth9dh.jpg

LOL, she looks like she has a BIG gap or she is missing some teeth. :D

Trinity34
10th Aug 2005, 01:36

hehe ... hmm.. do I make a joke about the British and bad teeth or not?... hmmm :D ;)

Laraman
10th Aug 2005, 08:41
I don't have bad teeth, LOL ! One of the many few :p I always thought she looked just so cute when she smiles like that :)

Anyway, ta for the "new" trailer, it's great to see it more fluid now instead of Lara swinging from a rope, stopping in mid-air and then falling after a second. I love the landing animation, and the little bits of mud which falls when she shimmys, and the sound of her equipment jiggling and...

Acceber
10th Aug 2005, 09:58

Must have been all those chocolate bars in AoD. I'm amazed she has any of her own teeth left! :eek: And the somewhat haphazard lifestyle, of course. :D

CatSuit&Ponytail
10th Aug 2005, 10:05
Must have been all those chocolate bars in AoD. I'm amazed she has any of her own teeth left! :eek: And the somewhat haphazard lifestyle, of course. :D
Like running into walls all the time? :D "OoooF!" Or is that only me? ;) :p

MissLara2U
10th Aug 2005, 14:52
Click HERE (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/cgi-bin/dl02/dl.pl?mv_d-dvd_tombraiderlegend_africa) for the D-DVD version. This is exclusively for forum folk and weighs in with 640x416 frame resolution, 5000kps and 128 bitrate. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forums/graemlins/wave.gif

Edit to add. I've also re-produced this version from the original VOB file, fine tuning the colour balancing and correcting the gamma errors. This should now look better than the original VOB. :)

M.

MissLara2U
10th Aug 2005, 15:53
The below referenced web site has been illegally hotlinking to our content over the past two days, and has cost me and additional £100 GBP in consumable bandwidth!

http://www.jeuxvideo.com

This is the very reason our content is managed by software. You may not like it, but because of the obscene number of grubby thieving arseholes out there too inconsiderate to link to our static download page and too fearful of actually directing folk off their own web sites, we have them in place. Unfortunately, they aren’t fool-proof, and grubby little thieves like this one has managed to directly link to our download server.

This web site owner will be held accountable.

ANGRY FROM OLD PORTSMOUTH.

GoranAgar
10th Aug 2005, 16:00
You are too good to us. ;)

Edit: Those bastards. :mad:

Runtime
10th Aug 2005, 16:47
Thank you :thumbsup:

Edit: Those bastards. :mad:
Ditto

MissLara2U
10th Aug 2005, 17:14
The hotlink has been been removed (see below email and reply) but I don't suppose we'll ever be compensated.

Jerome

This wasn't published on a public URL. Our content is managed by software
designed to prevent thieves like you stealing our bandwidth. This software
you have actively bypassed.

Somehow, this is exactly the kind of response I expected from you.

Justin.

----- Original Message -----
To: <support@tombraiderchronicles.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: ** Formulaire Contact JeuxVideo.com **

Hi,

It seems you don't understand how the Internet works. If you publish a link on your server, it's available to the world. If you don't want a file to be downloaded from anywhere on the Internet, don't publish it on a public URL.
-----

Anyways.... :mad:

LaraAngelOfDarkness
10th Aug 2005, 17:41
The hotlink has been been removed (see below email and reply) but I don't suppose we'll ever be compensated.

Jerome

This wasn't published on a public URL. Our content is managed by software
designed to prevent thieves like you stealing our bandwidth. This software
you have actively bypassed.

Somehow, this is exactly the kind of response I expected from you.

Justin.

----- Original Message -----
To: <support@tombraiderchronicles.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: ** Formulaire Contact JeuxVideo.com **

Hi,

It seems you don't understand how the Internet works. If you publish a link on your server, it's available to the world. If you don't want a file to be downloaded from anywhere on the Internet, don't publish it on a public URL.
-----

Anyways.... :mad:

Wow, he IS a jerk.

MissLara2U
10th Aug 2005, 18:03
So back on topic.

I'm most impressed with Lara's interaction with her surrounding environment. The earth and stones sprinkling down when she shimmies across a ledge. And the spent water vapour spraying off the waterfall looks just awesome. I also like the miniature dust explosions when she rolls down the steps at the beginning. Attention to detail is clearly evident, IMO.

Hopefully, Eidos will showcase the underwater level we've all been hearing about when Legend debuts in Germany.

Sophia Leigh
11th Aug 2005, 02:29

LOL! :D :D

Johnny
11th Aug 2005, 06:57
I'm most impressed with Lara's interaction with her surrounding environment. The earth and stones sprinkling down when she shimmies across a ledge. And the spent water vapour spraying off the waterfall looks just awesome. I also like the miniature dust explosions when she rolls down the steps at the beginning. Attention to detail is clearly evident, IMO.

I second your words. The detail, environment interaction, and physics are absolutely stunning and just downright... realistic!!! I love how Lara is aware of her surroundings. Anyone know when the demo is going to be released? :D;)

CatSuit&Ponytail
11th Aug 2005, 10:04
When it's ready. ;) :p

Johnny
11th Aug 2005, 14:32
Aww, I was afraid you'd say that. :D

MissLara2U
12th Aug 2005, 03:47
Both HQ and LQ versions are now available online. Sorry I couldn't make the HQ version publically available until now. Over 5,000 folk grabbed the LQ version in just over 24 hours. Having the HQ version online would have crippled the server, and my bank balance.

Both versions have been colour balanced, and aspect ratio corrected.

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/hdtv_movies.html

Greetings.

M.

CatSuit&Ponytail
12th Aug 2005, 10:24
Over 5,000 folk grabbed the LQ version in just over 24 hours.
:eek: Holy moly.

Trinity34
12th Aug 2005, 23:20
Where do we send the donations? You take Visa? :D

Actually... that might not be a bad idea. At least have Paypal or something where people can donate if they want.

MissLara2U
13th Aug 2005, 03:54
What do you folks think of the new blue GUI which appears on the left hand side of the screen to indicate Lara's inventory/ammo.. etc?

xbaa
13th Aug 2005, 07:24
Did you notice that nothing that is animated in the game except Lara has no shadow even her ponytail !
http://www.geocities.com/xbaa2003/Capture.jpg

CatSuit&Ponytail
13th Aug 2005, 11:06
What do you folks think of the new blue GUI which appears on the left hand side of the screen to indicate Lara's inventory/ammo.. etc?
Nope, I had my eyes closed. :p ;)

Trinity34
13th Aug 2005, 13:22
Nope, I had my eyes closed. :p ;)

LOL. You and Goran are funny. I can just see it... both of you going to a game convention with your eyes closed the whole time..."I don't want to be spoiled!". hehe.