PDA

View Full Version : New Patch not working

Drift
8th Aug 2005, 21:41
Installed new patch. Shows installed in the game, but the Cntrl V and Cntrl +/- functions (using Keypad) do not work as advertised. I did not install the intel patch because the game works without it. Any suggestions?

jaywalker2309
8th Aug 2005, 22:24
Installed new patch. Shows installed in the game, but the Cntrl V and Cntrl +/- functions (using Keypad) do not work as advertised. I did not install the intel patch because the game works without it. Any suggestions?

Its the + and - on the num key pad not at top of keyboard

efthimios
8th Aug 2005, 23:32
Unless you download the updated new version of the patch which works with either keys.

moetman
9th Aug 2005, 07:06
Where's this damn updated patch ? I got mine from TAFN , since when has the damn thing been updated ? I've got 1.1 on the screen but no speed slider . I can kill the Narrator but I could do that before 1.1 thanks.

Get the friggon devs in 'ere

efthimios
9th Aug 2005, 07:40
What is TAFN?
Anyway, the slider is a virtual one. Use Ctrl and + or - on the numeric keypad, or + and - in the main keyboard if you have the updated version of the patch.

sick
9th Aug 2005, 09:56
As an Imperial Glory player you should know, efthimios. ;) It's a fansite. You can visit by clicking on my signature.

moetman, the patch from TAFN is the updated patch. It fixes a small problem for laptop users (not being able to speed up the game.) And like efthimios said, you can use both the numpad keys, as well as the main area keyboard keys. :)

efthimios
9th Aug 2005, 10:10
As an Imperial Glory player you should know, efthimios. ;) It's a fansite. You can visit by clicking on my signature.
:)

:D Oh yeah. Sorry about that. :D

Drift
9th Aug 2005, 18:09
Thanks for your help. Got the updated patch from TAFN and it works fine now. Really like seeing the battle now that I can control the speed. Had no idea of the detail until I slowed the game down.

moetman
9th Aug 2005, 21:43
I found that if you,ve unzipped the data1.pak , you have to unzip the patch data1.pak as well and delete the data1.zip or rename it so forcing IG to use the uncompressed version. That was the only way I could get the speed slider to work in game.

monkeytart
11th Aug 2005, 14:20
I found that if you,ve unzipped the data1.pak , you have to unzip the patch data1.pak as well and delete the data1.zip or rename it so forcing IG to use the uncompressed version. That was the only way I could get the speed slider to work in game.
it wasn't that hard...............

Sotos
11th Aug 2005, 18:39
That's some nice fixes

But what about the AI ??
I did not see making it better it's still the same both in Naval and in Ground battles :(

Eruan
13th Aug 2005, 23:05
i thought unit stats were updated, how come militia still slaughters my musketeers? :mad: It's a shame files are so complicated to find and modify, i hate militia, and I thought gun range was increased? :confused: still the same ranges in my game :rolleyes:

efthimios
14th Aug 2005, 01:07
A good way to deal with militia at first (meaning before the research of double line attack) is to use the light infantry units (the ones that are better at shooting than melee) and have 2 or 3 shoot at one at the same time. They sloughter them, as far as you are also careful in general that is. As soon as you research the double line you shouldn't have any problem dealing with militia with light infantry 1 or 2 against 1 militia will be a bad joke for them.
Other way is to also have cannons and cavalry, try to intercept the incoming militia with either militia or cavalry, stall them inside the range of your infantry/cannon and kill them easily from far, though you might lose the decoy unit.
After a while when your infantry is skilled enough things get easier.
Also, unless you have plenty of infantry in one battle, I advice against entering buildings, it isn't working as good.
Oh, an exception to that rule is defending battles in Brittany. I send a light infantry in the huge rock near the starting position and nothing manages to attack. With one more infantry on the rock's right to cover any outflanking manouvers and one unit (cavalry or other) to delay the enemy, it is a cakewalk.