PDA

View Full Version : What are AI countries waiting for? (A research-bug?)

zizzenet
8th Aug 2005, 18:54
So, i'm going to be crazy from this:

http://www.ecforum.hu/kornel/ig/research800_600.JPG

Oh, and Austria has 1775 Research points per turn, while i (France) have only 1125. And i'm on Medium difficulty level, my game is perfectly patched to version 1.1 with released patch. So, i can not understand it. What's AI doing?
Cabaret.

screamingpalm
8th Aug 2005, 20:39
yeah I think that's a big part of why the game is too easy to beat. I have thought the same things myself, thought maybe someone would or has modded the game to make the AI research better. Could be why the AI never builds decent units as well. The only reason I could see why it is like this is that if the AI beats the player out on research, then the tech tree (or script) for the player would be all off and no more missions etc. Was really surprised that this wasnt addressed in the patch.

sick
8th Aug 2005, 20:41
They are exchanging research points for money, to build an army and buildings. This way it will take longer to research stuff.

screamingpalm
8th Aug 2005, 20:56
They are exchanging research points for money, to build an army and buildings. This way it will take longer to research stuff.

Which is fine on easier difficulties, but on hard difficulty I'd like to see a challenge instead of armies of militia and artillery. :rolleyes:

zizzenet
8th Aug 2005, 21:05
Yeah, this could be an explanation, i thought it, too. But, in my opinion, it's quasi an evidence, that i try to keep the research, and not change my points to money, as the AI does it permanently. So, will i always be the leader country in the research-contest?

Queeg
8th Aug 2005, 22:57
In one of my early games as Prussia on Medium, when I was getting attacked from all sides, I had to go several years with no research, converting all my research points to cash. I still beat everyone in the research race nonetheless.

On the other hand, I had a more recent game as Britain on Hard where I used all my research points, converting none to cash, and Russia stayed with me step for step in research.

So I've seen it both ways, though more often the former.

edou20_nl
15th Aug 2005, 19:05
:thumbsup: try to edit some ia files of the countries, i found france in the file had 0.4 percent to ships and 0.2 to divisions argh, and putted the percentage of building militia very low so get better troops, and putted percentage of building better ships higher, did not test it yet (just played some years) but looks something better. maked peaceful anexations much more dificult by replacing the improve relations to get intead of 7+ now putted 1+, and the buildings to give lesser (put all to 0 hehe) . i dont like to se coutries getted anexed peacefull, only when it is me anexing it

Eruan
15th Aug 2005, 21:01
It has been discussed before. The AI concentrates on the production of Militia/Recruits in the beginning because they are cheap and relatively strong. Then they mass produce guns because the AI thinks they are the best weapons in the game.

If you want to be challenged you must play on hard, the other levels are just way too pathetic. The most difficult to start with is Prussia because they only have 3 territories, and therefore the resources are scarce. But it bemuses me how major powers fall. France so often falls to Holland, while Russia fell to Lombardy in my game right now. When the empire is so limited after many defeats, no wonder they are so behind in research. I wouldn't be surprised I came across new armies all made of Recruits.