PDA

View Full Version : "Don't go away mad....

zzxxcc
8th Aug 2005, 13:44
...just go away."

That's the best relationship ending advice I've ever received.

At a certain point, if things aren't working out for you, why continue hitting your head against a brick wall?

Just walk away.

And if you're honestly going to do something, don't issue idle threats- just DO it.

Ex: "Change game element 'X' in Imperial Glory or I'll never buy this game again!"

LOL

Is the ultimatum intended to add power to your request? Cause It won't and it doesn't. It just sounds petulant and juvenile.

It's like a 2 year old in the supermarket:
Ex:
"Either give me a 'hold formation' button or I'll hold my breath until I turn blue! Waaaaaaaa....
Why won't you answer me???
Where's my hold formation button????!!!!
WAAAAAaaaaa!!!
I'm going to run away from home and never ever EVER buy a game from any companies named with the letter E,I,D,O or S in it again!!!!!
I hate you!!!
I'm going to live with Mom-total-war at Step-Dad Activision's apartment!!! They always listen to me and give me what I want and let me stay up all night and have ice cream for breakfast!!!!"

Give it up already, they're IGNORING you. Smart of them, much smarter than me actually responding to this immaturity.

They've heard your comments.
Again and again. And it's not that they don't care. They just don't feel there's anything to be gained by engaging in a endless discussions on why they do or do not make the game the way any single solitary individual wishes it to be.

So please, I advice in all friendship.

Don't go away mad, just go away.

Gelatinous Cube
8th Aug 2005, 17:23
What a silly thread. IG has gotten very mixed reviews from review sites, and it would appear a very large amount of their internet-literate community is more than a little displeased with their game.

It's not a matter of "Hey, they can't please everyone."

It's a matter of "Hey, they produced a sub-par game."

Captain.Crunch
9th Aug 2005, 00:01
...just go away."

At a certain point, if things aren't working out for you, why continue hitting your head against a brick wall?

Just walk away.

And if you're honestly going to do something, don't issue idle threats- just DO it.

Ex: "Change game element 'X' in Imperial Glory or I'll never buy this game again!"

LOL

Is the ultimatum intended to add power to your request? Cause It won't and it doesn't. It just sounds petulant and juvenile.

Ex:
"Either give me a 'hold formation' button or I'll hold my breath until I turn blue! Waaaaaaaa....
WAAAAAaaaaa!!!
I'm going to run away from home and never ever EVER buy a game from any companies named with the letter E,I,D,O or S in it again!!!!!
I hate you!!!
I'm going to live with Mom-total-war at Step-Dad Activision's apartment!!! They always listen to me and give me what I want and let me stay up all night and have ice cream for breakfast!!!!"

Give it up already, they're IGNORING you. Smart of them, much smarter than me actually responding to this immaturity.

Again and again. And it's not that they don't care. They just don't feel there's anything to be gained by engaging in a endless discussions on why they do or do not make the game the way any single solitary individual wishes it to be.

i agree with you most of the people here are pathetic wingers. JUST GO AWAY.

vanian
9th Aug 2005, 10:47
I agree with zzxxcc. I enjoy playing this game a lot.I come on here and read loads of threads from people who seem to spend there whole time nit-picking at the game.If its is so bad why are you still playing it? Sure it aint perfect but I've learnt to live with it.Have some patience and in the future games like IG and the like will improve.This is just the beginning in a exciting new era of RTS games.

Wiltshire Tony
9th Aug 2005, 10:57
Vanian

Here, here. I am in full agreement with you. For me this game has just the right balance between accuracy, strategy and addictive gameplay plus the graphics are nice.
I read a posting somewhere about wanting more ships, more men etc but his for me would not make the game "better".

Hengist_Sharpe
9th Aug 2005, 11:01
There seems to be strategy fans that want to give feedback (although inappropriate and heated at times) in the hope that the game can be improved and contain some form of real-world strategy. Then there are the fan-bois, who wont hear a word said about their new toy and will Dis others for giving an opinion, which is contrary to theirs.

Pretty easy to spot whom they are. This thread is pointless and will only inflame the situation. Was it really necessary to create this? To the original poster, why not just delete this thread? It serves no constructive purpose and is just more trolling.

Nial
9th Aug 2005, 16:07
There seems to be strategy fans that want to give feedback (although inappropriate and heated at times) in the hope that the game can be improved and contain some form of real-world strategy. Then there are the fan-bois, who wont hear a word said about their new toy and will Dis others for giving an opinion, which is contrary to theirs.

Pretty easy to spot whom they are. This thread is pointless and will only inflame the situation. Was it really necessary to create this? To the original poster, why not just delete this thread? It serves no constructive purpose and is just more trolling.

Agreed..........................

zeroh
10th Aug 2005, 00:03
...just go away."

Just walk away.

LOL

Ex:
WAAAAAaaaaa!!!
I hate you!!!

I spent 40 bucks on this game ill ***** and complain as much as i want
I wont though since i do like IG even if it does has it flaws ;)

Webrider
10th Aug 2005, 03:52
Geezz Dude: Most of us waited paitently for four months for this P.O.S. patch
actually taking the time to post intelligently on the PATCH SUGGESTION THREAD and debate the merits of your "wishs, personal tastes" with others on this forum in the actual hope of making a FAIR game GREAT. This takes an investment in time and effort...For most people the 40 bucks is big woop they and I probablly have 100's of games, some good some bad. Most were hoping the make this one of the good ones .. it has the frame work, it just lacks features and a little polish "my opinion" others have theirs of course.

I do believe we have been played for 4 months.... Now is the time to state publically if you will support this kind of action by voting with the only thing you can do ... you dollar... I personally will only buy the next PYRO or EIDOS game from the bargin bin...because to me this is totally SNOT.. they didnt fix a single thing from the patch suggestion thread.. they simply enabled the speed slider they had to use for game development anyway and abunch of small fixes that I never saw talked about in the patch thread ... go figure why they would start such a thread... talk about sleezy. SO I am sorry you came from a broken home and seem to know the drill so well or created a brokin home or are the subject of a broken home inflicted on you but for you to criticize those that have been around here since day one is a little much.

Regards.