PDA

View Full Version : What was the point of patch suggestion thread

Webrider
8th Aug 2005, 04:54
What was the point of a patch suggestion thread STICKY .. it gave us the impression they wanted to make the game great insted of fix a couple of glitches no one even noticed... how hard would it have been to put a square boarder around naval battles to show you on the main map out of bounds...instead they fix a few typos ...great going.

PS I wont even bother with the patch .. Im just uninstalling this coaster. IF I see a patch that is worth while I might reinstall but I'm not holding my breath in anticipation of their great work and good will.

Queeg
8th Aug 2005, 06:13
Good question. The speed slider is nice. The "strangle the narrator" command is nice. Other than that, not much to show for all our suggestions.

efthimios
8th Aug 2005, 12:10
What was the point of a patch suggestion thread STICKY .. it gave us the impression they wanted to make the game great insted of fix a couple of glitches no one even noticed... how hard would it have been to put a square boarder around naval battles to show you on the main map out of bounds...instead they fix a few typos ...great going tards.

PS I wont even bother with the patch .. Im just uninstalling this coaster. IF I see a patch that is worth while I might reinstall but I'm not holding my breath in anticipation of their great work and good will.

Are you kidding? You will not even install the patch and you diss it?

What is this? Kindergarden united?

Gelatinous Cube
8th Aug 2005, 12:26
Are you kidding? You will not even install the patch and you diss it?

What is this? Kindergarden united?

What do you expect? I did install the patch and I can say it wasn't worth installing. Give us something better.

Broadside
8th Aug 2005, 13:26
Webrider made a very good point about the patch thread. Whether he installed the patch or not is beside the point, fact of the matter is that the patch is close to worthless, perhaps with the exception of the speed slider (which I would never use anyway :rolleyes: )

Oststar
8th Aug 2005, 13:38
As much as i've disagreed with webrider in the past i'm forced to agree: IG just didn't deliver. It's fun but not on the level I wanted; fun like a game of monopoly compared to chess, no?

A thread was posted with all those suggestions, which could easily be compiled into a list of aout 50 things, all achievable. Three months for a 5MB patch that didn't even have a sodding installer is pathetic. Seriously the patch was a slap in the face.

efthimios
8th Aug 2005, 16:13
Webrider did not even install the patch. He has no "right" to complain about it. First install the available patch and then complain if you wish with details about what bugs you are encountering.

Xenophon, why is IG a bad game? Details please?

GCube, I wasn't quoting you at that post. If you have installed the patch and still have game bugs, then pitty, but do tell us what bugs you have? The reason is that I.G is one of the few modern games that I have yet to find a bug. Perhaps lucky.

Broadside
8th Aug 2005, 17:44
Webrider did not even install the patch.
He doesn't need to, he can read the list of patch fixes like the rest of us and make up his own mind

He has no "right" to complain about it.
He has every right to complain about the content of the patch as do the rest of us.

moetman
8th Aug 2005, 21:31
I was going to say over there in reply to @m last post in the "Make this game Playable" thread (which has been locked for some reason)., which also has releveance here : What is the point of adding suggestions over at the suggestion thread ?

Why lock threads ? Is the criticism getting to poeple ? It would be over in 1/2 a second if we heard from Pyro... It all comes down to getting some contact with the devs ! The IG crowd are getting sh**tier and sh**tier .

Webrider
9th Aug 2005, 02:58
Ok the speed slider was a valid fix... one that I personally championed for from the begining.... I've played this game from the day it was released I know the effects of the patch from reading their fixes... I can tell you several tricks to ruin the game for you .... peacfull annexation... forms of government....effects... but they didnt even put a boarder around the naval battle map and a button to toggle it for those that would complain it looked bad.
But for them to withhold information about this patch like it was the next great invention then produce this was a shame in and of itself. They got scalded from the Eidos needs your help thread by the modders of which I am not one (wish I had the time) So this is amost funny.
Why install the patch I've played it enough to know I'm done with the game unless someone makes a good mod for it .. in which case the speed slider for me will be great. The strategy part of the game was fine until I figured out the tricks.... I did handicap myself by not using the exploits (peacefull annexation) and even that got predictable and tedious in short order. Until they make the battles fun for me I'm done ... IF they are fun for you GRATS but that dosen't help me (no offense) and I play the game for my pleasure not yours. ( again no offense just plain fact).

Cro_Knight
9th Aug 2005, 07:01
i think whoever bought the game was played by pyros it was a scheme to suck in ppl like us to buy the damn game for more money then we should be paying then they give us a little campaign fun with some very unreliable multiplayer ideas but it together and ther it is i dont think they intended to make alot of money just enough and thast the attitude that no one should have u should have the desire to make a game that the public can alter and change with forums like these not a bunch of us arguin over whos rrite is the developers we should be mad at

efthimios
9th Aug 2005, 07:42
Why is peaceful annexation a bad thing in the game? I would like it to be a bit more hard for you and the aI to annex one, but it is not that bad.

efthimios
9th Aug 2005, 07:44
He doesn't need to, he can read the list of patch fixes like the rest of us and make up his own mind

He has every right to complain about the content of the patch as do the rest of us.

That is why I put the right in brackets. Of course he has every right to say anything, but not installing a piece of software then complaining about it, is not the best thing in the world...

Mike_B
9th Aug 2005, 15:29
Why lock threads ? Is the criticism getting to poeple ? It would be over in 1/2 a second if we heard from Pyro... It all comes down to getting some contact with the devs ! The IG crowd are getting sh**tier and sh**tier .

Locked because there's no need for everyone to have their own little thread with suggestions. Further questions regarding locking/deletion of threads can be discussed via PM rather than here on the forums.

i think whoever bought the game was played by pyros it was a scheme to suck in ppl like us to buy the damn game for more money

Yeah it's one big conspiracy.

Nial
9th Aug 2005, 16:02
I've been sitting back and holding my tongue to see what others thought.
But I must say I too am a bit disappointed by the details of this long awaited patch. For the most part I have been an advocate of this game. Not to the extent that cube was in the beginning*chuckle*. But I have advocated the lets wait and see attitude. I like this game. But as has been pointed out many times. It could have been soooo much better.

I feel that Pyros wasted my time with this patch. This patch has not done enough by along shot, to increase the longevity of this game in my library.

As I looked through the change log, I could hardly contain my disbelief. THIS
is what I've been anxciously awaiting for several months?

Pyros.............you blew it.

Nial

zeroh
10th Aug 2005, 00:01
That is why I put the right in brackets. Of course he has every right to say anything, but not installing a piece of software then complaining about it, is not the best thing in the world...
LOL patchnotes

Fix list

* Battles: Users can now speed up/slow down battles with CTRL+/- and return to default speed with CTRL and *
* Narrator: Users can disable narrator voice with CTRL V
* Naval Battles: Damage inflicted by ships has been increased
* Horse Artillery/Horse Howitzers: Movement speed increased
* Multiplayer post-battle screen: Game now states who played as who
* Salamanca Historical Battle: Timer adjusted to 25 minutes
* Salamanca Historical Battle: Fixed crash when fighting in forest
* Multiplayer Naval Battle: Fixed crash with options menu on-screen at end of battle
* Castille map: Fixed issue of Troops turning invisible when entering forest
* Management Tutorial: Fixed problem with the Captain's name
* Land Battle Tutorial: Highlight now appears on Musketeers
* Cyrenaica map: Now not possible to position troops in an unrealistic place
* Izhora map: Units cannot now walk through part of building
* Research Tree: "Tithe" text corrected to display 50% increase in production
* Russian version: Fixed crash during Management Game, following liberation of an annexed country
* Intel Graphic chipset users will now work

You dont need to install the patch to see what it does when it only fixes like 10 things

Webrider
10th Aug 2005, 02:30
It is entirely possible they just unlocked the already existant speed slider they would have needed to develope the game. The Rest of the patch fixes I would bet are not even in the patch suggestion thread started by themselves.

We were difinatly played long enough for them to achieve the majority of their sales.

Lets take odds on a second patch... LoL

Peaceful annexation..... You "Prussia for example" take hanover from France... Free it instead of occupy.... huge bonus in good will on the map...France takes it again... you free it again ... after 3 times you can peacefully annex all countries on the map you can get a consulate in or have one already. Also if you freed them and France is besiegeing them you cant go in and help them without violating treaty so you have to let France take them. So this cycle it definatly repeatable and you cant let France just stay in Hanover so your forced to retake it.

efthimios
10th Aug 2005, 11:11
Unless you are doing this on purprose to exploite the game mechanics, why do you keep losing the same province?

K1ler
10th Aug 2005, 12:16
The whole system of "peaceful" annexation is a none-sense. Take a look at Europa Universalis 1,2. In EU you can annex only countries with high attitude toward you, which are in your alliance, and whcih has been in vassalisation with you for at least 10 years (correct me if I am wrong). And not just build some buildings and all the people will be happy to become part of your nation. Can someone give me an example of peaceful annexation from history?

efthimios
10th Aug 2005, 12:39
I believe my question was very clear and directed to Webrider.

Irish2
10th Aug 2005, 14:16
I believe my question was very clear and directed to Webrider.

Then send him a private message instead of posting on the thread.