PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Chat Discussions

Deathcharge
7th May 2013, 21:24
I was just wondering if his version of the game will have voice enable player interactions or would it be prudent to buy a decent keyboard for the ps3? And if any of you could also recomend a decent PS3 keyboard.

member_10068945
8th May 2013, 00:49
As of now there is no voice chat function they've shown for the Playstation 3 or PC, though Playstation does not enter beta until phase 3 (Early June). I myself, have seen no information hinting at it being planed for pre or post launch however.

As far as keyboards go, I like www.razerzone.com/store (http://www.razerzone.com/store) , unless your looking for something along the lines of this www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessories/ps3-wir... (http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessories/ps3-wireless-keypad/72569)

Deathcharge
8th May 2013, 19:27
As of now there is no voice chat function they've shown for the Playstation 3 or PC, though Playstation does not enter beta until phase 3 (Early June). I myself, have seen no information hinting at it being planed for pre or post launch however.

As far as keyboards go, I like www.razerzone.com/store (http://www.razerzone.com/store) , unless your looking for something along the lines of this www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessories/ps3-wir... (http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessories/ps3-wireless-keypad/72569)

Thank you man. I don't have a PS3 keyboard and it would have sucked getting FF XIV and not being able to comunicate. :)

member_10068945
8th May 2013, 21:12
Not a problem brother, happy to have helped :)

myplatinumstyle
17th Jun 2013, 16:27
i was think how u can talk to ur friend on call of duty y not in FFXIV it wood help us ps3 ppl need taht cause it take to long for us to text or type in that lil box lol

Grimoire
18th Jun 2013, 03:55
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

---

[Before posting a new thread...] (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29966925/Before_posting_a_new_thread...)

UndefeatedIrish
18th Jun 2013, 09:49
Troll

Dyno69
18th Jun 2013, 12:39
Troll

Troll? your must be talking about yourself becuase this is a great idea, voice chat on ps3 is a essential.

demyxx
18th Jun 2013, 12:43
I guess.

I'm shy so...I'm on the fence about it, I mean if we really need

during dungeons/raids and so on, I'd listen but not talk.

bioshade2
18th Jun 2013, 12:47
it would be alot easier than typing on the ps3, but i agree demy i probably would just mostly listen

member_10454670
18th Jun 2013, 12:49
Granted things change, but the last official statement made by Yoshi-P in regards to VOIP was a no.

SoulEaterQUEEN
18th Jun 2013, 13:30
Hey guys,
So I realize that we won't be getting in game voice chat for PS3 players, so I am just wondering if we wanted to perhaps set something up in the future.
I am hoping to do voice chat with Skype, or with whatever client works best -- assuming we all can have a laptop nearby to do this.

I'd love to meet you all on some kind of voice chat :)

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 13:31
Does everyone have a smart phone? if everyone has a smart phone then I can set up a mumble server and theres a mumble app on the android market so instead having to lug your pc next to you and make sure it doesnt die or go on standby we can set something up on our smart phones so we only have to use an APP

SoulEaterQUEEN
I just started a new thread about this to find our own player solutions :)

SoulEaterQUEEN
Oh yes, smart phone could work too actually.

jonathan.seifert.12
18th Jun 2013, 13:38
Yes I think it's important say there is a hardcore mode that if you die that char is dead perm like in Diablo Manley if you put in something like if you get revived in a few minutes you could keep that char voice chat would remedy that

UndefeatedIrish
18th Jun 2013, 13:39
Troll

Troll? your must be talking about yourself becuase this is a great idea, voice chat on ps3 is a essential.

I will assume you didn't notice the atrocious grammar and CoD reference.

jonathan.seifert.12
18th Jun 2013, 13:39
Yes I think it's important say there is a hardcore mode that if you die that char is dead perm like in Diablo Manley if you put in something like if you get revived in a few minutes you could keep that char voice chat would remedy that

demyxx
18th Jun 2013, 13:44
Nope.

I do have Skype.

^^

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 13:45
Once again got it covered. its a personal 24/7 50 person mumble server ( dont think we would need more than that for us ps3 users )

SoulEaterQUEEN
18th Jun 2013, 13:52
Once again got it covered. its a personal 24/7 50 person mumble server ( dont think we would need more than that for us ps3 users )

I never heard of "mumble" server, can you give me more information on it, such us where to download, etc?

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 13:59
Mumble is an open source voip program sort of like ventrilo or teamspeak.
it can be downloaded from www.mumble.com/ (http://www.mumble.com/)

it might seem confusing but its really simple for those who have trouble i can make a little 5 step tutorial on how to log into the server

Address: mumble-us.cleanvoice.ru (http://mumble-us.cleanvoice.ru/)
Port: 60076

^ its a private free 50 person mumble server hosted online so noone has to keep their comp on 24/7

SoulEaterQUEEN
18th Jun 2013, 14:14

it might seem confusing but its really simple for those who have trouble i can make a little 5 step tutorial on how to log into the server

^ its a private free 50 person mumble server hosted online so noone has to keep their comp on 24/7

Okay, I am currently installing it. I used Teamspeak and Ventrilo long ago, so I am hoping my memory is somewhat refreshed.

If I have issues, I will let you know :)

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 14:15
okey doke :3

member_10454670
18th Jun 2013, 14:50

Great idea - and since I seem to have coincidentally rolled on the same server as many others here (Behemoth) I'll try to remember to D/L this. Are the smartphone and PC versions compatible?

Paladin_Locke
18th Jun 2013, 15:20
Not that it matters a lot, but I detest Mumble. No matter whose house or whose device I'm using it on, I can't understand half of what is said. It drops the chat way too much and the server lag makes it sound like everyone is talking at once. I know it's free and all, but sometimes, free isn't worth it.

SoulEaterQUEEN
18th Jun 2013, 15:29
I am having a lot of issues downloading it at the moment. For a back up plan, would Skype do everyone, if so, inbox me your IDs and I can add you and see if we can maintain a group on there :)

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 16:03

Great idea - and since I seem to have coincidentally rolled on the same server as many others here (Behemoth) I'll try to remember to D/L this. Are the smartphone and PC versions compatible?

Yes they are

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 16:05
Well i'm trying to find options that are both available on pc and smart phones. while skype is good we shall keep that in our back pocket for now :3

( for future reference my skype id is HF.Flaw)

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 16:20
If you guys want i AM willing to host a 100 person ventrilo server ( from my desktop) but it wouldnt be on 24/7 lol

Dyno69
18th Jun 2013, 16:31
im up for whatever people decide i know i have a few of you added on PSN already.

ken.ceschini
18th Jun 2013, 16:38
DCUO could do Voice chat,guess its to hard for SE,and they like linking PSN accounts which is a form of DRM,

Guess get on ventrio to voice chat lol

member_10495996
18th Jun 2013, 16:54
So its official no voice chat for ps3????

ken.ceschini
18th Jun 2013, 17:03
yeah to hard to program being that SE has millions of dollars,fans get the good old SE "dealwithit":P

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 17:07
It's not that its too hard to program SE just says they are not really looking into voice communication in game as it will put furhter stress on the dual platform servesr. and while yes DCUO had voice chat pc servesr and ps3 servers are seperate. they may consider it in the future maybe with a petition or with a decent thread on the beta forum that catches their attention but as of now there is no plans of voice chat

member_10495996
18th Jun 2013, 17:13
Well that just sucks i was looking forward to chathttp://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 17:17
Thats why I'm tryin to set something up like a ventrilo or mumble. something that people can connect to on their smart phones or pc's if they choose to do so.

demyxx
18th Jun 2013, 17:23
Uhm well...

Kinda good news but not on a related note. They are going to implement some sort of screenshots for us PS3 users. ^ ^;

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 17:30
Uhm well...

Kinda good news but not on a related note. They are going to implement some sort of screenshots for us PS3 users. ^ ^;

thats actually VERY good news! always wanted that feature lol

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 17:46
ok guys for a short term solution i have made a private 100 person ventrilo server that will be on during the beta tests ( friday - sunday) from server open to server close. HOPEFULLY our community of ps3 users own androids ( i only use android phones) as there is a free app for this

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co... (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jtxdriggers.android.ventriloid&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5qdHhkcmlnZ2Vycy5hbmRyb2lkLnZlbnRyaWxvaWQiXQ..)

the IP is: 71.56.6.129

port: 3784

password: Volistar

if anyone wants to connect just to test ill leave it up until 12am EST then ill turn it back on when the servers come online

member_10495996
18th Jun 2013, 17:51
hmmm ill wait till beta starts back this app is 5 bucks on iphone

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 17:59
LOL yeah i know i feel sorry for iphone users. if u have a jailbroken iphone or something u can acquire the app a different way

member_10495996
18th Jun 2013, 18:00
lol nah its cool i dont mind paying it

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 18:11
Alrighty then. man i really wish some of these posts would be stickied.

Paladin_Locke
18th Jun 2013, 18:12
For all of those wondering why SE isn't implementing voice chat in the game, it's because they do NOT want every player to feel pressured into using it. If it's on there, people are going to start b*tching at someone who isn't using it. We all know it's true. I'm of a like mind in that I'd rather have it used only from 3rd party programs. Not just so I don't feel pressured, but so that I don't have to listen to every **** in North America leaving it on and forcing full groups to hear him listen to terrible music while he chews into the mic. Aside from that, they fully support the use of third party voice chat for those that want it. Just remember, you'll never see it in game.

member_10770603
18th Jun 2013, 21:19
When will we be able to start a guild? Can we do it now or do we have to wait for open beta?

Paladin_Locke
18th Jun 2013, 21:25
When will we be able to start a guild? Can we do it now or do we have to wait for open beta?

Guilds in FFXIV are called "Free Companies" now. As far as I know of, yes you can create an FC in the phase 3 beta. The only thing is that they won't gain any FC points until phase 4.

Also, if I misunderstood and you meant to ask if you or anyone else can start recruiting people to a guild for the official release, yes, technically you can. You can start looking online for FCs that are gathering new players so that they can play together at launch. You can also create one in the sense that you can come up with a guild name that hopefully no one else will use and try recruiting in the beta or in forums/websites and see who responds.

Hopefully that helps.

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 21:27

Guilds in FFXIV are called "Free Companies" now. As far as I know of, yes you can create an FC in the phase 3 beta. The only thing is that they won't gain any FC points until phase 4.

Also, if I misunderstood and you meant to ask if you or anyone else can start recruiting people to a guild for the official release, yes, technically you can. You can start looking online for FCs that are gathering new players so that they can play together at launch. You can also create one in the sense that you can come up with a guild name that hopefully no one else will use and try recruiting in the beta or in forums/websites and see who responds.

Hopefully that helps.

This^. most people on the forum in the behemoth server operate under the temporary name "Abusement Park"

member_10770603
18th Jun 2013, 21:33

Hopefully that helps.

This^. most people on the forum in the behemoth server operate under the temporary name "Abusement Park"

Ok, thx... yea, I know that most of us on behemoth server went with Abusement Park but I didn't know if we started the guild yet.

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 21:43
no not yet theres no point as all oru characters will be wiped after phase 3 ends

HF.f1Aw
19th Jun 2013, 00:07
My vent server is up and working but i am going to sleepso im turning it off. so at friday 5 am ESt i will turn the server on

sleepyeyes
19th Jun 2013, 00:15
For all of those wondering why SE isn't implementing voice chat in the game, it's because they do NOT want every player to feel pressured into using it. If it's on there, people are going to start b*tching at someone who isn't using it. We all know it's true.

Eh, maybe. It's definitely true that there are etiquette rules for using voice chat, unwritten though they may be. It's also true that it's a hell of a lot faster to coordinate efforts during a quest when you can talk in near real-time. I play Dust 514 (an MMO FPS, for those who aren't familiar), and it would really take away from the action if we had to type everything.

That said, I am at the end of the month buying the Sony bluetooth keyboard that attaches to the Dual Shock 3. It's a lot cheaper than the official Logitech full-size kb, and because it integrates with the controller, it seems perfect for FFXIV. Yeah, I'd like to see some support for voice chat. I know it's not feasible everywhere, but it doesn't seem an insurmountable problem, social or technical. But, I'll enjoy the heck out of this game, even if I have to type.

Fubar4585
19th Jun 2013, 01:19
Grrrr. I've been regretting having bought an iPhone since the second week I had it. As soon as I can upgrade without paying $500000 to do so....Samsung S4 all day.

Zalora86
19th Jun 2013, 01:28
Question everyone is talkin about the open beta, but i recieved a closed beta invite for Final fantasy XIV. Is there two different beta tests goin on, or can someone explain the difference to me. Im new to the online gaming and not quite sure.

member_10495996
19th Jun 2013, 01:42
we are in phase 3 right now closed beta phase 4 will begin in july your invite is for phase 3 open beta needs no invite

Zalora86
19th Jun 2013, 01:56
we are in phase 3 right now closed beta phase 4 will begin in july your invite is for phase 3 open beta needs no invite

it said closed beta on my email through ps3. Does this mean i wont be able to join till phase 4?

member_10495996
19th Jun 2013, 02:05
no you can join now servers will be back up this friday @2:00am PST

Zalora86
19th Jun 2013, 02:06
Thank you very helpful.

member_10495996
19th Jun 2013, 02:07
let me know if you need instructions on how to redeem on your PS3

Fubar4585
19th Jun 2013, 02:09
Make sure cookies are enabled. lol

member_10495996
19th Jun 2013, 02:10
LOL FUBAR

bioshade2
19th Jun 2013, 14:19
anyone know if the keyboard chat will work just like the pc?

HF.f1Aw
19th Jun 2013, 14:51
it will but. putting your controller down just to type a message is very inconvienent

Jump_Kickasaurus13
19th Jun 2013, 15:18
Has anyone decided how everyones gonna communicate when the game comes back...are you guys still doing skype???

Im interested of joining you guys group:)

member_10770603
19th Jun 2013, 15:19
it will but. putting your controller down just to type a message is very inconvienent

I'm using a PS3 keyboard when I start playing... I've tried to using the keypad that you can attach to the controller but it's just too much of a hassle to use and I find it easier to use a keyboard. I also like the mouse pad that it has on it.

HF.f1Aw
19th Jun 2013, 15:26
Has anyone decided how everyones gonna communicate when the game comes back...are you guys still doing skype???

Im interested of joining you guys group:)

I'm going to turn on my ventrilo server whlie the beta servers are up ill post the info in a seperate thread thursday night for those who need it. It has a smart phone app so people on androids ( free) or ios ( 5 bucks) can download the app and connect to my server so we all wont have to sit around our comps while we play

Hestisdabest
18th Aug 2013, 15:06
Is it possible to move it? I can move everything else EXCEPT for that.It's off screen somewhat and I Cant see some chat.

Consilio
18th Aug 2013, 15:10
Have you tried the HUD edit?

talman420
18th Aug 2013, 15:12
PS3 or PC? I'm on PS3, and I did the L1+R3 to bring up the mouse pointer. Then I used L2 to right click on the "General" tab, I think it was. That gave me the ability to move the window around. I agree though, moving this window around SHOULD be grouped with the rest of the HUD adjustments.

Hestisdabest
18th Aug 2013, 16:00
PS3 or PC? I'm on PS3, and I did the L1+R3 to bring up the mouse pointer. Then I used L2 to right click on the "General" tab, I think it was. That gave me the ability to move the window around. I agree though, moving this window around SHOULD be grouped with the rest of the HUD adjustments.

Ahh yeah,Forgot to say PS3.Thanks for the help that was ANNOYING me as I couldn't read half the text down there!

WeDoItBig676
19th Aug 2013, 00:17
Is anyone else bothered by the lack of the ability to chat with your friends/linkshell when you are in a Dungeon? Outside of the login issues I feel like this is the biggest problem for me when playing the game.

I mean sure i'd like battles to move a little faster but back to the main FOCUS!!!

Anyone else irritated by the lack of chat?

MPXShad
19th Aug 2013, 19:12
Hey there I'm Shad and Host of "Online Angel" (a New gaming Podcast that focuses on Female Gamers) And I'm looking for any female gamers who would like to hop on and chat FFXIV with me since the game is coming out in a week. Reply here, hit me at Shad@multiplexgaming.com or hit me on twitter @ZionShad

Need Skype

Maighdlin
19th Aug 2013, 19:15
I don't know that I'd be willing to talk, but I'm gonna listen. :-)

MaliceDarkheart
19th Aug 2013, 21:10
http://www.petitiononline.com/qpalmz99/petition.html Please sighn pettition for developers to enable voice chat for FFXIV:eek:

MaliceDarkheart
19th Aug 2013, 21:12
Only 5 more days left for early access and i think i speak for us all when i scream, WE NEED VOICE CHAT IN FFXIV!!!!

Mallust
19th Aug 2013, 21:15
Get vent , most games with voice chat it never works anyways, or get any other third party voice stuff, vent, teamspeak etc... Notice the etc.. before someone flames I didn't include their favorite voice chat lol.

MaliceDarkheart
19th Aug 2013, 21:17
lol enable voice chat for linkshell wont be to difficult

Chrono_Krosse
19th Aug 2013, 21:24
I like the Idea of Vioce CXhat because since i was on the PS3, for some odd reason when I use the Shout one after i enter it it automatically goes back to the Tell chat thingy...kinda annoying.

Ravenkind
19th Aug 2013, 21:36
I like the Idea of Vioce CXhat because since i was on the PS3, for some odd reason when I use the Shout one after i enter it it automatically goes back to the Tell chat thingy...kinda annoying.

type /sh before your text, problem solved :)
As for Voice chat in the game, as much as i want this too and have the lips synch to what i'm saying, like in Second LIfe. Other MMO's have voice chat and as mentioned earlier, it isn't that great to the point noone actually uses it and instead uses a program like vent, raidcall etc.

ExHumor
19th Aug 2013, 22:33
Voice chat doesn't work well with Mmorpg's. Some have tried, and most people just turn voice volume in options down.

Why this doesn't work? Because people such as myself, don't want to hear people who think they "know it all", make themselves look like more of an idiot than they already are.

Also, I honestly, hate how pretty much everyone I've been in voice chat with, doesn't know how to adjust the damned microphone sensitivity, so you end up hearing not only their game, but your game as well. Furthermore, I dislike hearing people eating, drinking, and or breathing in general, it tends to piss off not only me, but others as well.

Imma have to say no to voice chat. I'll stick with my vent server, thank you very much.

MaliceDarkheart
19th Aug 2013, 23:30
If they enable voice chat for linkshells the problem of annoying playerrs would be solved since u have the option to kick undesirables from your linkshells,....RIGHT?

MaliceDarkheart
19th Aug 2013, 23:31
http://www.petitiononline.com/qpalmz99/petition.html Please sighn pettition for developers to enable voice chat for FFXIV

ExHumor
19th Aug 2013, 23:52
I thought your entire idea around voice chat revolved around dungeons, and parties. Thus, it's not just Linkshells that would share the voice chat option. Thus, your idea doesn't sound any better.

Besides, what if a Linkshell "Lead" isn't on, there's not much you can do about an "Undesirable" then, is there? At the very least, you could look a little less... "Silly" let's say, and at least spell "Sign" correctly. It's hard to takes someone's petition seriously when they can't even manage to spell one of the easiest words out there.

Roguekitty
20th Aug 2013, 02:22
Even if there was a voice chat option, I wouldn't use it. I prefer to talk on vent/mumble.

Roguekitty
20th Aug 2013, 02:23
Also, I'm not sure that signing a petition for someone to do something in their own game will be very effective... They can just say no.

HCoelho
20th Aug 2013, 05:30
I want them.... i really miss being able to talk directly to someone. People just ignore chat, its almost impossible to be "heard" without sending a tell. This makes interaction harder, not a good thing for a mmo, imo.

Make them toggable, this way people that don't like it can still enjoy the game.

The lack of chat bubbles makes me feel mute in that virtual world.

Endrance_UK
20th Aug 2013, 09:07
Yeah i agree, i was looking for the option in-game to turn them on.

GaBacon
23rd Aug 2013, 23:40
Does anyone know what the CS phone number is for Sq Enix? or where the live chat is located? i have looked all over but i cant seem to find either of them. It is like they are hidden underneath a thousand tons of crap somewhere. But i was just wondering :/

Roguekitty
24th Aug 2013, 00:36
You just have to fill out the topics of your question, then it'll give you the info here.
https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=496&la=1

CerebralEntity
24th Aug 2013, 20:47
its not a serious bug but a very big one as far as seeing the screen and other futures of the game. so anyway my issue is everytime i log off and log back on my chat box decides its gonna take a stroll and move from left to right. i have no way to readjust it and its literally sitting near the middle of my screen now leaning more to the right side of the screen. this is a annoying bug cause it blocks my veiw of other things on the screen such as powers and all. Yes moving the power bowes and stuff doesnt work that well cause the chat box is just so big and it cuts off important parts i need to see. im just wondering if a admin or any player thats experienced this could give me advice on to handle this or a possible time line when this could be fixed. im on a ps3 so i do not know if other platforms have this issue.
Thanks everyone

BlazinBettrThanYou
29th Aug 2013, 01:58
What are they gonan do about the chat for PS3 cus it is hard to type to squad memebrs and do caves at the same time and ur always dieing cus u cant communicate with each other

Hippy_Pickle
29th Aug 2013, 08:23
Get a USB keyboard and mouse, problem solved ;)

We all know the reason why there is no cross game voice chat on the PS3 like the xbox (thanks EA!). FFXIV ARR doesn't support in game voice chat so PC users end up using another service in the background (like SKYPE etc) but unfortunately they will never be voice support on the PS3. You would have to have a laptop or something running next to you with a chat program running.

Roll on the PS4 version for me as it has cross game chat finally, in the interim a cheap USB keyboard is the way to go.

Rancyz
29th Aug 2013, 11:40
Get some good friends and use a 3rd party software on your computer to mic chat with them! and like Hippy_Pickle mentioned, the keyboard is useful.

Hippy_Pickle
29th Aug 2013, 11:43
My keyboard and mouse is a god send, my interwebs is already groaning running 2 PS3's online, let alone have the laptop running for voice chat as well lol. I'll just wait for the PS4 version if I need to verbally speak to fellow adventurers :D

Rancyz
29th Aug 2013, 12:05
my interwebs is already groaning running 2 PS3's online

This reminds me of:
uh1jB4hVJRg

Hippy_Pickle
29th Aug 2013, 12:13
lmao, the answer is YES! :D

Baalthazaar
3rd Sep 2013, 05:53
Everyone else talks in general chat all the time but apparently I missed/skipped the tutorial section that explains how to do that.

My only options are:
/tell
/say
/party
/yell
/shout
/free company

Is one of these supposed to be general zone chat?

Negasie11
3rd Sep 2013, 06:04
/tell (player name) private message to (player name).
/say general message to players in close proximity.
/party message to players in current group.
/yell general message to players in a wider proximity.
/shout Zonewide chat (most likely what you are considering to be general)
/free company Private chat for members of your Free Company only.