PDA

View Full Version : notebook compatibility

glory deprived
6th Aug 2005, 23:54
ok, so i decided to install IG on my notebook for convenience...but every time i go to a land battle, it restarts, then gives me this:

"Error caused by ATI Graphics Driver: No specific solution found
--Problem Description-An unknown error occurred in ATI Graphics Driver, created by ATI® Technologies, Inc.
--Problem Resolution-ATI® Technologies, Inc is currently not aware of a specific solution for the problem that you reported. Below is a list of recommendations to take that may help prevent the problem from recurring."

are there some known compatibility issues going on? its running on a gateway 8510GZ w/ ATI Radeon Mobility X700 card, btw. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike_B
7th Aug 2005, 09:45
Notebooks are generally not supported by games.

I think the best you can do is try to find a newer driver for your video card.

jaywalker2309
7th Aug 2005, 09:52
ok, so i decided to install IG on my notebook for convenience...but every time i go to a land battle, it restarts, then gives me this:

"Error caused by ATI Graphics Driver: No specific solution found
--Problem Description-An unknown error occurred in ATI Graphics Driver, created by ATI® Technologies, Inc.
--Problem Resolution-ATI® Technologies, Inc is currently not aware of a specific solution for the problem that you reported. Below is a list of recommendations to take that may help prevent the problem from recurring."

are there some known compatibility issues going on? its running on a gateway 8510GZ w/ ATI Radeon Mobility X700 card, btw. Any help would be appreciated.

What driver are you running, unlike nvidia laptop chipsets, ATI have started giving official drivers for laptops on their website.

efthimios
7th Aug 2005, 12:04
What driver are you running, unlike nvidia laptop chipsets, ATI have started giving official drivers for laptops on their website.

Oh man for a second there I was happy. But they only support 4 manufacturers and only with x700 and x800 cards.

For the original poster, what the previous guy said.

eugenemcardle
7th Aug 2005, 12:05
Runs fine on my Toshiba Satelitte A70, ATI Radeon Mobility 9000 IP using latest Catalyst drivers. Just wish I could run it at 1280x800 without having to stretch it.

Emperor of the French
7th Aug 2005, 17:48
It works fine on my ATI Mobility Radeon 9600.

efthimios
7th Aug 2005, 18:39
Does the game restart or your computer?

In terms of power you shouldn't have any problems, I have the mobility 7500 and the game runs excellent. (huge surprise for me)

I do use the last Compaq drivers though, released more than a year ago. (yes they DO care ...)

glory deprived
8th Aug 2005, 03:55
it restarts the computer; but its weird, i reinstalled it, and now it appears to be working...beats me