PDA

View Full Version : dying to ask

monkeytart
5th Aug 2005, 10:43
alright, does anyone noe any Napoleonic era games besides IG? if there is, plz tell me. because i really loved thiat era but so far the only games i could find on that era is IG. so perhaps u guyz can tell me some, and how, where to get it.......thnx :)

Hengist_Sharpe
5th Aug 2005, 10:55
I recently bought Cossacks 2, but it's so buggy and is graphically terrible, it almost makes me want to play IG.

There is a free Napoleonic total conversion mod for Medieval:Total War which looks really good. It's also had excellent reviews, everything I've read about it has been positive. I've not seen one bad review.

Also Medieval:Total War can be purchased quite cheaply these days.

theenglishdude
5th Aug 2005, 10:58
10£ with expansion I heard :thumbsup: amazing price for an amazing game.
Its on my comp now despite me having R:TW :)

Sharpe
5th Aug 2005, 11:50
War and Peace. Real-time global strategy. Quite entertaining for a while.

zzxxcc
5th Aug 2005, 12:16
I tried Matrix's 'Crown of Glory' but it was not a game I'd recommend.
At all.
Ever.

Maybe I didn't play it enough to understand it's hidden charms, but it's face value was unattractive to say the least.

It plays like a vamped up version of "Imperiallism", which was a great game and which CoG is not.

Lakefather
5th Aug 2005, 12:34
Waterloo: Napoleons last battle and Austerlitz: Napoleon’s Greatest Victory are both very good.

PrinceMyshkin
5th Aug 2005, 13:24
War and Peace. Real-time global strategy. Quite entertaining for a while.

got any more info on this, Sharpey?? might be worth a gander.

monkeytart
9th Aug 2005, 04:27
I recently bought Cossacks 2, but it's so buggy and is graphically terrible, it almost makes me want to play IG.

There is a free Napoleonic total conversion mod for Medieval:Total War which looks really good. It's also had excellent reviews, everything I've read about it has been positive. I've not seen one bad review.

Also Medieval:Total War can be purchased quite cheaply these days.
where can i download it?

monkeytart
9th Aug 2005, 04:28
hey ppl, has histwar: les grongardes come out yet?

screamingpalm
9th Aug 2005, 05:53
hey ppl, has histwar: les grongardes come out yet?

Not yet, but I am following that one closely, it's looking better and better. They released a new AVI on their forums recently and the animations are looking nice.

efthimios
9th Aug 2005, 07:24
The animation of the horses look, how shall I put it, not good. Also there are some clipping problems. It still looks nice though.

screamingpalm
9th Aug 2005, 16:57
The animation of the horses look, how shall I put it, not good. Also there are some clipping problems. It still looks nice though.

Sure the graphics might not be as good as IG, although considering the amount of troops on the field on LG it's really quite good. Gameplay looks to be much better than IG. Guess it depends on the age old question gameplay vs graphics and what's more important.

EDIT: Also to consider, the makers of LG are probably trying to make it so that people won't need insane upgrades for their pc's to play the game.

EDIT2: LG will have Borodino! Now IG might have eyecandy graphics , but again in IG the number of troops would be more like a skirmish than a huge battle. There will be other historic battles as well in LG. Summed up I think LG will balance graphics and large amounts of troops on the field. Besides the fact that the game is being made by "grogs" for "grogs" much like Bull Run which I think is a great game.